• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ode to thediscgolfguy

odysseus

Bogey Member
It is a travesty that thediscgolfguy has not amassed 100k+ subscribers on YouTube to date.

Terry - You are THE BEST solo camera cinematographer and have been for the last decade. Ian and lcgm8 have given you a run for your money at times. However, you are still king in my books.

Huzzah!

:clap:

AKedOLQPsMFE9rnM9SF7oI1o7Iwt9T1xmrgVKfoeySg=s176-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

It is kind of a shame that subscriptions are valued the way that they are.

I'd be happy to support and subscribe, but I also need to curate my Youtube experience. If you subscribe to everything, then you are subscribed to nothing.

The sheer longevity and impact Terry has had is amazing. Solid player that competed in something like 10 consecutive world championships, turned the first full time disc golf personality(that I know of). At least among non touring players.

He had filmed so many round rounds no one else would go film. Real road warrior.

The mute button is always available, and the footage is still exceptional quality

Though I will say that I miss the days of no commentary footage.

Oh, I absolutely make use of the mute button.

No commentary footage was awesome. I really miss McFly So High's vids.

The sheer longevity and impact Terry has had is amazing. Solid player that competed in something like 10 consecutive world championships, turned the first full time disc golf personality(that I know of). At least among non touring players.

He had filmed so many round rounds no one else would go film. Real road warrior.

Billy Crump comes to mind, but I'm not sure how "full time" he was

Not taking anything away from Terry. I don't prefer his commentary, but without him, I don't know if we have Jomez, CCDG, or any of the multitude of other film crews we have now.

Billy Crump comes to mind, but I'm not sure how "full time" he was

Not taking anything away from Terry. I don't prefer his commentary, but without him, I don't know if we have Jomez, CCDG, or any of the multitude of other film crews we have now.

I thought about Billy and even Marty Mcflysohigh but I am not sure if either of them were able to quit their day job as it were.

I appreciate Terry's vision for DG's future and what he's done to make things happen - filming FPO even if only for 100 views way back when, starting a weekly discussion show with guests, and having a technical guy onboard to make sure he was providing a quality product.

Marty "McFlySoHigh" had it going until he signed that deal with Prodigy to do exclusive filming for them in '15-16. Even though the quality was still the same and he was still filming the big events, he was viewed as a bit of a sell out. He started fizzling out after that contract ended.

I like Terry. Sure his commentary can be repetitive at times, however, he covers some events that otherwise wouldn't be covered. He's done the Arizona events in January and February, a few events during the year (especially prior to DGPT) and some Florida events like Throw Down the Mountain and South Florida Open to name a few.

If we want to talk about forgotten DG productions Disc Golf Monthly MUST receive an honorable mention.

Terry is not my favorite announcer, but I would say he is in my top 5.:clap:
Excellent knowledge of the players, the courses and all things disc golf. He's not as smooth/cool as Philo or Sexton, but who is?

Terry is a fine play by play man with a pleasant voice and an easy manner. I think he would benefit from having a regular color commentator. He has done alot of commentary solo, which is difficult for anyone, and worked with a number of different players. Who do you think would make a good partner for him? It would help if that person found Dad jokes funny, or audibly painful.

I always enjoyed Ian at CCDG, and his partnership with Philo has only made their coverage better.

...BUMP....

Which post did ya'll like better...

Terry vs Scott?

Both are pearls of wisdom.

huZaZah!

:popcorn: