• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Off-season plans?

Hopefully it wont start snowing anytime soon, I'm planning on playing a ton until the courses are covered in snow. When it's snowy outside I'm sure I'll do some field work on a football field at least a couple of times per month. I live in an apartment complex so I can't practice putts in here, my putting game will suffer for sure. Not that it's any good at the moment either, so there's that

What are you talking about? October means that my offseason is ending, not beginning. I've played probably 5 times all summer. I play at least that many times a week in the winter. Courses free of chuckers and friends who want to play every night because they aren't off at dubs and tourneys every other day? Yes please.

Here in the South we are just now getting into the DG season. It's been to darned hot and muggy to play much this past summer.

It worked out that last winter was the most I ever played, hoping this winter can be the same.

There's not really an off season over here either, just a rainier season. I probably enjoy the winter more actually, it's not crazy hot and humid.

The off season is usually a time I'm most likely to experiment with different molds, but I'll probably hold off on that this time. I'll be moving next April and don't yet know what the course situation will be. Hopefully, my mids and fairways will get beat in enough this winter to start a nice little cycle going. My forehand will probably recieve a bunch of attention, as will my midrange approaches.

More putting, fewer rounds. I try to avoid losing too much.

I usually disc down and switch to flipper plastic for the winter

Here in Texas the weather is jut now getting good for all day golfing. Once daylight savings hit we'll be doin night rounds till spring. No off-season for the south needed thankfully, although summer may be an off-season in some exceptional years.

My disc golf Season is just getting started, Nothing better than playing in the fall in winter.

I'm with bmart, old dog and 4th rock. Fire season just ended, and I've been hanging with my bud's throwing group for Monday epics: two weeks ago, Hagg Lake and Pier, and last week the full Beaver State fling course of 36 holes at Milo. In a month its back to the ancestral manse in MS, where I have a week-long bicycle tour and 12-course fest in mind, as well as another dozen courses there and a handful each in LA, AL and FL.

What the hell is an offseason?

You haven't lived until you've thrown on New Year's Eve when the wind chill is -25.

I played every day last winter with ribbons and tape, but our local course just got pulled so I have nothing to throw at. We have a little nine hole next to Lake Michigan that eventually gets too drifted over with snow to play, so I don't know what I'll do this winter. Probably start drinking again.:\

The summer is the crappy time to play down here in the Southeast. Boy this summer was naasty!

You got that right! There were 88 days this year with 90+ degree temperatures here in the ATL area, only the third-most since they began keeping records (1981 and (2011 or 2012) with 90 such days were the other two). I am really looking forward to the 'offseason'.

I'll do what I did last year: work on throwing putters, work on form, solidify my bag. Only a couple of slots in the bag needing determination...

Got my season pass so I'll be snowboarding as much as possible. After years of year round DG and not much else in Texas I am really enjoying putting the plastic away when the snow comes. I will go into winter diet and exercise mode witch should help my DG come next spring.

I try to play a round at least once a week in the winter. Lots of putting in the basement as well. Main thing will be to rehab my back and get in better shape. Hopefully the home gym we got for free will help with that.

I just ordered my winter supply of LED lights so I can play glow after work. looking forward to the course being empty again.

You haven't lived until you've thrown on New Year's Eve when the wind chill is -25.

Too true. Transversely, remember a few years back when it was in the high 60s in February throughout the upper-midwest? I'd been playing all winter and it felt amazing to go in short sleeves and stomp some friends who were out of practice in February! :D

Off-season? I live in Minnesota, where the winters are BRUTAL. We still play in the snow and winter weather....it sucks sometimes but as long as you have appropriate clothes and such it's a lot of fun. Just make sure to have ppl / yourself clear the tee-pads and it's all good....just prefer to play in above 10 degree temps.. We play all - year. BUT if I were to hibernate...practice putting in the basement.

I played my final tournament of the year last weekend. So the offseason has arrived.

With my first child due to be born in early Feb, I'm getting ready for a massive shift in priorities.

Latest posts