• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Official 2013 DGCR Secret Santa Thread!

Connor Jones

International Hair Champion
Gold level trusted reviewer
Hey all,

This is the first time I've thrown one of these together, fortunately, Solomon has laid a relatively easy path to follow, I'm going to be following the same system as he used in the summertime.

All entries must be done via email to [email protected] Any PM's to me regarding entries will be ignored.

In your email you need to include your name, street address we are shipping to (all on one line please), what qualifications you meet, and how many times you are playing.

All general questions should be asked here. Most people know the low down and can help you out.

Minimum requirements to play (meet at least two)
1. Be a current Premium member
2. Minimum 5 positive Itrader feedback
3. Participate in a previous SS
4. Reputable member who can vouch for you
5. Silver Trusted Reviewer

Participation Rules
1) Post what you dislike, what you throw and what you might want to try out. Also include your shirt and hat size. (this is just for ideas you probably won't get most of what you list.) No posting your dream list, be realistic.
2) Post pictures of your package when it arrives.
3) Delivery confirmation is mandatory!!! When you ship, you must enter your shipping information into the Google Form
4) Minimum value of your gift must be $15 MSRP (including at least one new premium plastic disc or slightly used OOP) Used disc prices will be evaluated by a trusted source. Price will be determined by Marshall Street's prices.
5) Packages MUST be mailed no later than December 20th.
6) Complaining about the quality of your package is prohibited. Doing so will result in your banning from future Secret Santa's. (If you have a question about the value PM me before posting)

THE FINAL DAY FOR ENTRY IS NOVEMBER 30th,MIDNIGHT EST

If you don't ship, I'll beat you up, call you a nerd, give you a wedgie and take your lunch money. Plus give you two pieces of negative iTrader feedback.

Bender will be helping me out, we'll be sending out info on the first day of the last month in the year of disc golf, 2013.

Thanks!

:hfive: to Connor for running this holiday's SS, as well as Trenton for laying the groundwork. I look forward to helping out with this year's production. Any questions you have for Connor or I, please let us know.

Can't wait to see how this all goes. :)

Likes - (174-176 weight preferred)
Pro Wraiths
Champ Roadrunners (flatter the better and pre #)
Champ Terns
Barstamp Buzzes
Wizards

Dislikes
Esp Plastic
Star Plastic
Blizzard Plastic

Would like to try
Lat 64 (opto line)
Westside (whatever they call their lucid line)
DD (lucid line)
Prodigy
Champion Wraith
Any other manufactures that aren't well known

Shirt
XXL

hat
XL

Other things I like
Unique Root Beer
Unique Cream Soda's
Minnesota Vikings
Rollercoasters
Heavy Metal music (christian or non, really like prog/power metal)
Star Wars (maybe a Star Wars dyed disc?)
Black Licorice (yummy)

Last edited:
I'm in again for one!

I love rocs. I especially love KC Rocs that have no flight numbers :D
I really enjoy destroyers as well. The rest of my bag is currently built around rivals/patriots.
As for molds I want to try, I'll throw anything. I have always wanted to throw a vibram VP, Discraft Comet, Lat. Mace, Innova Tern, MVP Proton Volt, really anything that has some stability that I can lean into.

I wear large shirts/hoodies. Normal sized hats. I love all roc memorabilia/swag. Any swag for that matter. I love all kinds of jerky, snacks, local goodies, club crap, etc.
I'm a horror movie fantaic and love all of that crap.
I'm a huge baseball fan so any local MLB swag might be cool.

Just have fun and send me what you can. I'm easy to please and will surely enjoy whatever you assemble :)

My Secret Santa wants list

I am a dyer, so all plastic wants are always premium plastics in white or clear, and bottom-stamped or never-stamped are always excellent. If not white or clear, the brightest colors are best. Prefer NO black stamps, as they often leave the deepest "ghosts." Glow discs are also excellent, as they're almost always white(but again, no black stamps please!).
Weight isn't terribly important, but most of what I throw hovers around 171g or more.

Glow Flick -- I know there are some of these out there, would LOVE one of em.
Star Mamba, maybe even a StarLite Mamba, especially if it's white(this might just be a lot of fun to play with :) )
ESP Crank. Would reallllly love to try a Crank.
Any level of already-beat-in Star or Pro Leopard. I have a favorite Star Leopard, but don't throw it as often as I want to for fear of losing it.
Titanium or ESP Stalkers -- Even the black PDGA ESP Stalkers are ok for this one, as I always need backup Stalkers.
Terns -- Champ or Star. I love both.
I would love to try a new putter. I've used Aviars, Magics, and Wizards for a long time, would love to try something different. Judge? Ringer? Polecat? Don't really care, anything that's different from Aviar/Magic/Wizard.

Hat & shirt usually XL, love love LOVE dri-fits, color not important.
I'm an Alabama grad, so anything U of A/ BAMA/ Crimson Tide is great. A BAMA-stamped disc would be especially cool(they do have a collegiate team).
I'm a huge Formula1 fan, favorite teams are Ferrari and Red Bull.
Big electric guitar player.
LOVE LOVE LOVE all kinds of jerky! Beef, bacon, venison, literally any kind of jerky is awesome in my book!
I'm a lefty, if that helps with anything, such as disc selection :)

DO NOT WANT:
Wizards. I have a tons of 'em.
Aerobie Epic. Left mine at Flyboy for a reason. Can't throw it.

You send your entry information(address and what not) to the e-mail. You may post your wishlist in this thread as stated in the participation rules.

And so someone looks through the thread, finds a person they want to pick, and emails OP to get that persons info?

No, the OP will make a list of everyone that is in. Randomly draw names and send them out. That way you may or may not have the person that is sending to you.

Basically
Person A might send to H
Person B might send to K
Person C might send to A
Person D might send to G

Something like that......It is always random though

No, a list will be made up of all entrants and then Connor or myself will randomize and send names to everyone through PM. (Adt least I'm pretty sure ;))

edit:my phone is slow.

Im in
Wants:
Drivers 165-171, Mids and putters Max wieght
Prefer Orange, Pink, Red. Please no Tye-dye
I like most of my discs beat in a little (7/10)
Anything in my signature

Star Sidewinder
Star Wraith
Star Tern
Star Firebird
Cryztal Buzz
TP Tursas
3x Yeti
Atlas
Nova
Foxbat
Prodigy F5
150 Class Banshee or Firebird
Any new mids or fairways from DD, Westside,Lat, Legacy,Prodigy

Beer and Beer swag
Anything Chicago Bears or Blackhawks
Shirt size XL
DG Swag

Dislikes:
High speed drivers above a Wraith
Premium Putters
Tye-dye

I don't think I make the criteria, but I think I am going to follow this thread none the less, I like the idea and hope to participate next year maybe.

I don't think I make the criteria, but I think I am going to follow this thread none the less, I like the idea and hope to participate next year maybe.

buy a membership and start doing some deals-- you will for sure be ready next year :D

I'm in again.

Likes,
I throw,
Star Destroyer 172-75
Star Roadrunners 168-71
Star Terns 175
Star Katanas 175 and beat up!!!
Ch Eagles X 172+
Ch Wraiths 172+
Z wasp/buzzes 172+
Star Xd's!!!!
Jk Aviar X 170-73

Frirst choice of colors are pink and green drivers/mids, putters and xd's any color. Big fan of double stamp xouts and natural beauties!

I'm open to try anything really.

Dislikes, tye dyes and blizzard

Shirt XL
Hat L-XL

Wanted to do this for a while.

Pretty much anything in my sig is cool. Drivers 170+/- a couple grams. Mids and putters max weight. My eyesight sucks so pink, white, bright yellow, and orange are preferred. Color isn't as important for putters.

Absolute favorites are Teebirds, Leopards, and Rhynos. A 150 class champ Teebird and star leopard have been on my wishlist for a while. Not really wanting to try anything new right now except maybe a nice beefy zone. I love Ultimate discs and lid type golf discs.

Love interesting mini discs. Nano, vibram, cool stamps, local clubs/courses, etc. I think my wife is gonna get me a mini basket for Xmas and I want to stock up some chuckers.

Dislike all Discraft except the drone and comet, tie dyes, and blizzard.

Wear L shirts. Hats - large.

Other stuff I'm into: microbrews, coffee, jerky, trail mixes. Local stuff is always awesome.