• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a huge fan of the cd3. I've been a pd/wraith guy for a long time. Personally just like the feel of the wraith vs cd3. The last 2 years I've been working the cd2 in with those. There is some overlap but i know when want to use each one.

Good don't tell anyone so the CD3 stays cheap on the pages

Enough speculation on Discmanias gaps in their line up. In reality it's one of the few manufacturers that doesn't have 5 molds that do the same thing.

Any teasers on new molds for 2019

PD2s are ok for us average joes too if you find the right ones. Go glow.

Not much in between DDs and PD2s if you factor in the runs and different plastics. My Swirly DDs are right next door to the glow PD2s.

Not much in between DDs and PD2s if you factor in the runs and different plastics. My Swirly DDs are right next door to the glow PD2s.

Agree 100%

The Swirly DDs are probably going to make my bag in 2019. I have some really OS wraiths but they are so rare and expensive now. My less stable wraith is being thrown less and less as my power improves.

Glow PD2s replaced my destroyer, so I finally got down to one mold in that slot which was awesome. :thmbup:

Enough speculation on Discmanias gaps in their line up. In reality it's one of the few manufacturers that doesn't have 5 molds that do the same thing.

Only teaser we've seen is the DD3 Jussi flashed a couple weeks ago.

Agree 100%

The Swirly DDs are probably going to make my bag in 2019. I have some really OS wraiths but they are so rare and expensive now. My less stable wraith is being thrown less and less as my power improves.

Glow PD2s replaced my destroyer, so I finally got down to one mold in that slot which was awesome. :thmbup:

Yeah man, right now, for 2019 I am thinking Swirly DD for understable distance if I can beat it in, Glow PD2 for some turn i.e. good distance yet dependable fade, poptop 2018 Swirly PD2 for kinda similar duties (might drop it if it doesnt show much difference from the glows which I have a small bunch) and a 2019 Swirly PD2 for wind/overstability. The Rampage is then just for all out distance.

^^ This is my main beef with the company I love absolute most - the need to be a super snob about what run, plastic, pen marks, stamp, color, flatness.... and on and on and on.

I'm a total fan since I read Jussi's interview like 5 years ago in DiscGolfer mag - i love to see one disc in each slot. I recognize there's GOING to be variance from run to run, plastic to plastic, so NATURALLY some runs will fit the sweet spot of what someone wants.

BUUUUUUT - since there is no overlap from slot to slot - we get this super snob-ery type thing where certain runs, colors, weights, etc. either sell out and skyrocket in price and others don't sell at all.

I don't know if this type of snobery exists outside of people's Destroyer run type pursuit - like if the DD/WS/L64 or Discraft or other companies have this level of Love/Hate for different runs. Or maybe I've been on FB Collector pages too long...

Only teaser we've seen is the DD3 Jussi flashed a couple weeks ago.

Avery dropped a teaser on IG yesterday. Tagged himself at Discmania and said that he loves being able to prototype test new discs. He posted a picture of two sick looking swirly drivers. I'm guessing they were DD3's.

Avery dropped a teaser on IG yesterday. Tagged himself at Discmania and said that he loves being able to prototype test new discs. He posted a picture of two sick looking swirly drivers. I'm guessing they were DD3's.

If these are in my mystery box when it arrives on Monday. Merry Freaking Christmas.

At least the variance in runs is pretty easy to spot so you know what to look for. Buy a Star Destroyer and it could be anything.

This also could be said if you bought FD's when they were producing second runs. I had multiple second runs at one point before they were expensive.

Eagle showed his collection in his vlog today, there were some that he couldn't show, so obviously something that hasn't been released yet. He was also showing his bag and said that his real beat in PD2 probably wouldn't be in the bag, because of something they were coming out with. My guess based off of this is a destroyer like disc. maybe 12/5/-1/3 or 4. would be pretty great.

My guess based off of this is a destroyer like disc. maybe 12/5/-1/3 or 4. would be pretty great.

I would bet that it's the revised PD2 mold they released as the glow c-pd2. It is NOT the same mold as a normal PD2 and flies much more like a destroyer with slightly more dump at the end of it's flight, consistent with your thinking on flight numbers. Maybe a 6 on glide, as mine glide for days, even more than my destroyers.

Special Mystery Box Giveaway:

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10161288431485541&id=313076980540

My full review wouldn't fit inside the character limit so I'm posting the full version here:

It was Christmas 2016. Earlier in the year I purchased my first Discmania disc after throwing a friends PD on the course a few times. The PD changed everything for me. I instantly clicked with the disc and found myself throwing them more every round. I knew I needed to try more from Discmania.

Back to Christmas time. I had heard about these mystery boxes that were released throughout the year and at Christmas. I was intrigued. Would I get something crazy? A rare PD like many of my friends had? Would I get a bunch of stock discs seemingly at random? How good could it possibly be? I usually like to pick out my discs, often only buying from local stores. Yet I couldn't resist the possibilities in this box.

A week later my Mystery Box was waiting for me on my porch. The white silhouette and mystery symbol teasing me to open it and peek inside. I rushed inside and sat down on the floor in the living room like a kid in front of the tree. Once open I pulled out the goodies one by one. A couple of Luster PDs beckoning me. The sweet pearly plastic begged to be thrown, these were going right into the bag. My PD addiction was sated. I kept going, the box full of treats.

Unique double stamps, mini stamps, shield stamps; MD3s, PD2s, P2s, CD2s, the variety was great. Everything seemed to have a place, it didn't feel random at all. A lot of care was taken when this box was filled. It was special and it held one more surprise. At the bottom of the box there was one more disc; the FD. As I held this S-Line FD I marveled in how it seemed to feel like a long lost friend. Before even throwing it I could tell there was something special. I grabbed my bag, stocked with my usual suspects and the new Luster PDs and headed to the course.

I got to a difficult wooded hole. 325 feet, with a long narrow tunnel, and a green tucked behind a large trunk. I had been throwing Teebirds for a decade. I had been throwing a CE Teebird on this hole for about as long. The FD called to me though and I couldn't resist putting it to the test. It held a beautiful line, split the tunnel, missed the guardian tree, and finished straight making a beeline for the pin. The FD soared right over the basket and finished about 20 feet long. I couldn't believe it, I had never been long on this hole before. The FD made it feel easy. I threw the disc every chance I could the rest of the round. It continued to amaze. It held beautiful long turnovers, flew straight and glided for days, hyzers opened up more possibilities.

The FD was a new favorite. I still loved the PD but I was looking for chances to throw the FD. All year long every time I would throw a great shot and someone asked what disc I threw I responded, "S-Line FD". I was in love. I bought more FDs in 2017 and 2018. I couldn't resist trying different plastics and getting cool stamps.

I bought more mystery boxes too. They always impress. This year I'm currently waiting on my 2nd edition to arrive. Wondering what goodies are in store, what unreleased disc is inside. Could it be the next beginning of something special? You can feel the magic in the air.

Uhh broomer.....do you 💓 Discmania or what?

The DM support dude seems to be MIA. Wonder if he got tired of me whining about the limited supply of offerings in less than max weight.

Uhh broomer.....do you 💓 Discmania or what?

The DM support dude seems to be MIA. Wonder if he got tired of me whining about the limited supply of offerings in less than max weight.

Yeah man I love DM.

DM support is MIA because they are moving warehouses and operations this month.

They will return in Jan I'm sure

Yeah man I love DM.

DM support is MIA because they are moving warehouses and operations this month.

They will return in Jan I'm sure

This thread is all about dm love

I can't speak for others but plenty of dm love coming from me. Awesome plastic and killer customer service

I would bet that it's the revised PD2 mold they released as the glow c-pd2. It is NOT the same mold as a normal PD2 and flies much more like a destroyer with slightly more dump at the end of it's flight, consistent with your thinking on flight numbers. Maybe a 6 on glide, as mine glide for days, even more than my destroyers.

Revised PD2 mold? where did you get the intel on that? :popcorn:

He was also showing his bag and said that his real beat in PD2 probably wouldn't be in the bag, because of something they were coming out with. My guess based off of this is a destroyer like disc. maybe 12/5/-1/3 or 4. would be pretty great.

I watched a live video chat with Simon and someone asked him about the upcoming DD3 and what it's like. Simon's response was something along the lines of "It will replace the Destroyer."

Status
Not open for further replies.