• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I bet soon after DM decides to fully cut Innova loose, Dave comes up with one of his fresh, new mold ideas that look, feel and fly suspiciously like an FD. If only! Fingers crossed.

Imagine them dropping in abundant plastic and weight configs, available in stacks at your local brick n mortar <3

I bet soon after DM decides to fully cut Innova loose, Dave comes up with one of his fresh, new mold ideas that look, feel and fly suspiciously like an FD. If only! Fingers crossed.

Imagine them dropping in abundant plastic and weight configs, available in stacks at your local brick n mortar <3

TL3 is already pretty close but yeah, ready availability might take some fun out of chasing FDs. I have a bunch of them, if DM cuts ties completely from Innova maybe I'll be DG rich. True Discmaniacs pay stupid money for what they want.

I have one NS1 and I love it. I don't do Facebook so I have no idea what auction prices are. Dude at my shop says they are going for over $100 these days and now I'm paranoid to throw it.

TL3 is already pretty close but yeah, ready availability might take some fun out of chasing FDs. I have a bunch of them, if DM cuts ties completely from Innova maybe I'll be DG rich. True Discmaniacs pay stupid money for what they want.

I have one NS1 and I love it. I don't do Facebook so I have no idea what auction prices are. Dude at my shop says they are going for over $100 these days and now I'm paranoid to throw it.

The problem with selling it or holding onto it is that you could sell it for $100, but then you couldn't turn around and buy the 6 stock FDs you would want to replace it, because the cupboard is bare everywhere. So throw it! :hfive:

EDIT: for example I unloaded a couple of 4 claw Buzzzes recently and bought multiple discs with the spoils, in addition to two brand new 5x ESP buzzzes to replace them! No sentimentality here, just stacks of throwers baby.

Not really a question, but just some excitement. I've been wanting to get a flat and gummy glidey-flying Thunderbird for a long time! They're really rare to find.

I heard a couple people mention that the Discmaniac stamped run of 2019 color glow FD3s flew like a nice glidey Thunderbird. After getting lucky with one on ebay, I put it through a round today, and booy were they right! It's the fingerprinty grippy variant of color glow plastic, and only a mild dome--- great feel in the hand. The flight is magical: looong and glidey, with big fade at the end. I imagine it flies nothing like a normal FD3, and it definitely flies better than a new Thunderbird (especially star ones). I'm getting a 2nd one in soon so I can have two in the bag. I only wish they were more out there and they didn't cost so much.

Not really a question, but just some excitement. I've been wanting to get a flat and gummy glidey-flying Thunderbird for a long time! They're really rare to find.

I heard a couple people mention that the Discmaniac stamped run of 2019 color glow FD3s flew like a nice glidey Thunderbird. After getting lucky with one on ebay, I put it through a round today, and booy were they right! It's the fingerprinty grippy variant of color glow plastic, and only a mild dome--- great feel in the hand. The flight is magical: looong and glidey, with big fade at the end. I imagine it flies nothing like a normal FD3, and it definitely flies better than a new Thunderbird (especially star ones). I'm getting a 2nd one in soon so I can have two in the bag. I only wish they were more out there and they didn't cost so much.

Just curious...have you tried a Fuzion Getaway? Fuzion is typically gummier than Star and Getaways fly like a glidier Thunderbird. Just something to keep in mind if you have trouble tracking down backups of your color glow FD3s.

Just curious...have you tried a Fuzion Getaway? Fuzion is typically gummier than Star and Getaways fly like a glidier Thunderbird. Just something to keep in mind if you have trouble tracking down backups of your color glow FD3s.

The getaway has been a disc I've been thinking of trying out for the longest time, and I've seen a buddy crush with them as well. Very long fliers.

My current bag is only teal-aqua blue colored discs, so the blueish color glow fits perfectly with it. Latitude never seems to make that color in its goldline/fuzion plastic. I have seen some Lucid-X Getaways that are the appropriate color, but I'm not sure if they'd be too stiff and/or overstable for what I'd like. I love goldline plastic but I don't like how fast it beats in.

3 new evolution molds on the way! Mutant will be an OS mid, splice will be an OS fwy driver, and the logic will be a neutral beadless putter to compliment the link!

3 new evolution molds on the way! Mutant will be an OS mid, splice will be an OS fwy driver, and the logic will be a neutral beadless putter to compliment the link!

Idea: Discmania could put this info on the website easy to find?

attachment.php

Attachments

• 6A9752B3-C1AD-4857-A169-07B9B70C2414.jpg
    6A9752B3-C1AD-4857-A169-07B9B70C2414.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 238
Anybody have the list of innova parts used for discmania molds? For example the PD is firebird bottom with the discmania anhyzer top.

Tried searching the forum and did find the parts for some older molds but not all.

And I'm obviously talking Originals lineup here

Discmania_Support hasn't responded here since September 25th, yet I see they were active today. So I'll ask a question in hopes they respond...

When can we expect to see one of these new molds that were released (3 Active, and the re-tooled Tactic)? How about tour series stuff? We're 4.5 months into 2021 and haven't heard a peep about when we're getting a tour series disc.

Discmania_Support hasn't responded here since September 25th, yet I see they were active today. So I'll ask a question in hopes they respond...

When can we expect to see one of these new molds that were released (3 Active, and the re-tooled Tactic)? How about tour series stuff? We're 4.5 months into 2021 and haven't heard a peep about when we're getting a tour series disc.

Maybe Simon will introduce them at his first tourney here soon, since he's back on tour.

Discmania Support Reply

We're back! More peeps to come on signature series stuff. Naturally more specific information will be shared once these plans are solidified but the Tilt is currently in production, one new mold to be released very soon, followed by two to three new releases. May, June, July are going to be action packed. Originals will return but again, we'll feel most comfortable sharing specific information when we are able. P2 is the first one planned to restock at the moment but for the sake of clarity, July/August is what we're able to tentatively say at the moment. Always hopeful for something quicker if it's possible.

We're back! More peeps to come on signature series stuff. Naturally more specific information will be shared once these plans are solidified but the Tilt is currently in production, one new mold to be released very soon, followed by two to three new releases. May, June, July are going to be action packed. Originals will return but again, we'll feel most comfortable sharing specific information when we are able. P2 is the first one planned to restock at the moment but for the sake of clarity, July/August is what we're able to tentatively say at the moment. Always hopeful for something quicker if it's possible.

Appreciate the update! I'm in for some P2 action.

Discmania Link putters

Hello, I am currently replacing my d-line p2's and was wondering which plastic is closest to the D-line. The soft link or the hard link?

Discmania Support Reply

Appreciate the update! I'm in for some P2 action.

No problem. Hopefully we get a restock as soon as possible but will make sure to let everyone know right away once we have the most accurate information to give.

Hello, I am currently replacing my d-line p2's and was wondering which plastic is closest to the D-line. The soft link or the hard link?

Difficult to say. The hard version is most similar in terms of overall rigidity. If you don't end up meshing with it as a putter it will always make a fantastic throwing putter.

Exo Hard is by far the grippiest stiff base plastic I have come across. And across the board I mean. Sure, D-line has a bazillion different runs and some may be amazing grip but its not always the same.

Some info included about the 4 new (including tactic 2.0) molds

Curious if people try the Logic to sub for p2's. Doesn't seem like Eagle thinks of them the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.