• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly humorous how many first run md1's popped up for sale on the FB groups after it was announced to be in the mystery box.

Discmania Support Reply

Will the new MD1 ever be à stock disc or was this just a "test"? How close to a mako 3 is it?

But stock and Dscmania is hard to say in the same sentence…. Will they ever make stock disc or continue make smal runs the can sell out in minutes?

The MD1 will definitely be a stock release in early 2021. Europe just recently restocked on P2 and MD3, it looks like the MD3 may be sold out there. However, all stock discs of most things will not really run out too often in 2022. We believe your opinion is going to change :)

The big question for collectors will be...will this be the only release of the CB3 OR will they be produced in 2022 as well?

Cloud Breaker will be made again as another release later on but the CB3 will have just this one release.

these days I get most of my discmania news, especially about upcoming releases, from their instagram page

The "What's Next" page is generally a great place to check for new information, often times weeks in advance to an upcoming release.

https://www.discmania.net/pages/next

The question is "will the MD1 sell"? I asked a local disc store if they had them in, they let me know it was a mystery box only offering...and that if the MD1 was made available for stores they wouldn't carry it. When the MD1 was available, the store lost lots of money on them as they don't sell.

I have a feeling that people will get the mystery box and put the MD1 up for sale as being a unique/rare disc with hopes to get enough money to pay off the mystery box.

We shall see! This is fortunately not the MD1 of the past so it's very possible that they aren't aware this is something entirely different than they've carried before. Our guess is that if Simon likes it, their sales probably will too.

The MD1 will definitely be a stock release in early 2021. Europe just recently restocked on P2 and MD3, it looks like the MD3 may be sold out there. However, all stock discs of most things will not really run out too often in 2022. We believe your opinion is going to change :)

Cloud Breaker will be made again as another release later on but the CB3 will have just this one release.

The "What's Next" page is generally a great place to check for new information, often times weeks in advance to an upcoming release.

https://www.discmania.net/pages/next

We shall see! This is fortunately not the MD1 of the past so it's very possible that they aren't aware this is something entirely different than they've carried before. Our guess is that if Simon likes it, their sales probably will too.

What do P2 variations look like for the future? When can we expect flex 1 and 3, specialty stamps, C-line for throwing putters, possibly even glow plastic and the return of the Imperial Eagle???

Discmania Support Reply

What do P2 variations look like for the future? When can we expect flex 1 and 3, specialty stamps, C-line for throwing putters, possibly even glow plastic and the return of the Imperial Eagle???

No official timeline on any of those yet but you'll receive some good news soon on at least one of them. Sorry that's not super helpful.

So why do you Discmaniacs think Simon didn't get a signature disc this season? Obviously he was injured, missed half of the tour, and didn't perform very well; but on the other hand, he's still being used as a Discmania poster child. Especially with the relaunch of the P2 and it's [semi]consistent production, why wouldn't DM drop a Sky God? Every primary DM player on tour got a signature disc (Perkins, Klein, Montgomery, and even Eagle X2). Why skip over the player who is featured in every single release video?? Curious your thoughts…

So why do you Discmaniacs think Simon didn't get a signature disc this season? Obviously he was injured, missed half of the tour, and didn't perform very well; but on the other hand, he's still being used as a Discmania poster child. Especially with the relaunch of the P2 and it's [semi]consistent production, why wouldn't DM drop a Sky God? Every primary DM player on tour got a signature disc (Perkins, Klein, Montgomery, and even Eagle X2). Why skip over the player who is featured in every single release video?? Curious your thoughts…

To be fair, Simon has probably had one of the more sought-after releases of the year, the Tilt. I think DM is still in the early stages of playing catch-up with production and special releases. All things considered, it has actually been a pretty epic fall, at least in my opinion - the MD3, Meta Tilt, RazorClaw 2, Zen, Midnight Prowl, etc all have been pretty quality releases. We have the Cloud Breaker 3 coming next week, I think it is very likely that we will see a Simon release of some kind over the coming month or two. I think DM is very deliberate with the timing of their releases and want to sprinkle it out through the winter/spring leading into next season.

Those are just my thoughts.

To be fair, Simon has probably had one of the more sought-after releases of the year, the Tilt. I think DM is still in the early stages of playing catch-up with production and special releases. All things considered, it has actually been a pretty epic fall, at least in my opinion - the MD3, Meta Tilt, RazorClaw 2, Zen, Midnight Prowl, etc all have been pretty quality releases. We have the Cloud Breaker 3 coming next week, I think it is very likely that we will see a Simon release of some kind over the coming month or two. I think DM is very deliberate with the timing of their releases and want to sprinkle it out through the winter/spring leading into next season.

Those are just my thoughts.

Was the Meta Tilt considered a Simon Signature? If so I missed that.

Also, to clarify, I'm not critiquing DM releases. Not only did they JUST start in-house production, they also have one of the highest demands in the industry. I agree they are doing a great job. I was just wondering why they weren't taking advantage of having Simon in the lineup more, especially since they love marketing so much

Discmania Support Reply

Good question. It is actually held in even higher regard with a step above it, the Creator Series. These will encompass Signature Series discs at times and are products that differ slightly from the original production model. 2022 will definitely bring more consistent releases and you can bet there will be even more Simon ones :). Lots of moving parts in a logistically upside down world at the moment so we just had to roll with the punches lately.

To add to the Creator Series topic, these molds can even be something of its own entirely. There are no rules with those but the summary of it is it is unique to other things and involves the design with the player it represents.

If the Md1 will be a stock run with 5 6 0 0 what will that mean for the MD?
I think Discmania have 9 Midrange molds and not a single one is really US

Sasme with putters, 10 molds and no US discs.

If Discmania could make the Logic in Meta or any premium plastic it would be amazing. And for anyone that hasn't thrown a Logic you should try one out. Excellent throwing putter, straight with a little more glide than I expected. It replaced my baseline Guardian Lion (Sensei).

what is the difference between vapor plastic enigma from a couple years ago and vapor plastic razor claw 2's - they dont feel anything alike. asked on reddit and know one knows either

what is the difference between vapor plastic enigma from a couple years ago and vapor plastic razor claw 2's - they dont feel anything alike. asked on reddit and know one knows either

DM is migrating production from Lat64 down the hallway to their own machines. Probably plastic changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts