• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you thinking there will be another before the end of the year? They've crammed so much into the end of this year I'd be surprised if they have one more big drop planned in the next two weeks.

My understanding is the Mystery Boxes are planned for much further in advance. The December box's contents may have shipped across at the same time as the November one. Last year the December box released on the 26th but didn't ship till after New Years.
Prior years final December Black box:
'20 = Tilt
'19 = Razor Claw
'18 = Cloudbreaker

My understanding is the Mystery Boxes are planned for much further in advance. The December box's contents may have shipped across at the same time as the November one. Last year the December box released on the 26th but didn't ship till after New Years.
Prior years final December Black box:
'20 = Tilt
'19 = Razor Claw
'18 = Cloudbreaker

Awesome info as I am new to the ??Box. Thanks!

If we get to speculate about the next mystery box then I'm guessing FD.

If I'm wrong about the FD then I have a second guess that it will be the Sky God 4.

Total speculation on my part so I guess we'll have to wait a few weeks to see how far off I was.

If we get to speculate about the next mystery box then I'm guessing FD.

If I'm wrong about the FD then I have a second guess that it will be the Sky God 4.

Total speculation on my part so I guess we'll have to wait a few weeks to see how far off I was.

The fact that DM already has a jump start in FD production that they pushed back to early 2022, I think you're spot on here. If you follow Simon's Vlogmas, he threw a "mystery disc," and it looked like and flew like a fairway driver imo. So I chalk this up to evidence to your theory.

I also think they will wait on Sky God 4 until Simon can have a better, and by better I mean complete and injury-free, season. I think that will be a Signature Series release toward the start of next season.

Discmania Support Reply

funny how to you this is a plus, whereas to other players it might be a negative. not knocking you at all! I've just seen a fair number of complaints this year about how they don't throw this or that from a mystery box

The Mystery Box in practice is the perfect way to try out something new. When it once began, it was a method of liquidating some slower moving inventory but now it has become so much more. And, stale inventory isn't really a thing anymore. These discs are produced specifically for Mystery Boxes and although there aren't piles of signature discs in them, are really quite special.

Agreed. A lot of reviews indicate how upset people were that there weren't more "special" gems, but I don't have a reference point to how common that actually is. Jussi said it was their best box ever, but that seems hard to believe. I totally get that they're just starting off with their new in-house production, but I wonder why they didn't save that kind of hype for when they had the firepower to back it up. But then again…it's Discmania!

All feedback is welcomed. However, boxes in the past have traditionally contained only one special disc as the featured item and the rest can be specialty stamped but not often new blends of plastics before they are released publicly. This year brought a total of six never-before-seen variations including the Extra Soft Logic, Lux Vapor Method, new colors of Lux Instinct and Neo Enigma, Neo Tactic, and C-Line MD1. That's quite a lot.

Discmania, may I have a brief word with the stamp-color-disc-color coordinator?

attachment.php

Good? Bad? That Ghost Shatter one is awesome! :hfive:

I also think they will wait on Sky God 4 until Simon can have a better, and by better I mean complete and injury-free, season. I think that will be a Signature Series release toward the start of next season.

I will disagree with your assessment. If he didn't play a tournament all season his signature discs would still sell out. No reason to put off making money for everyone involved. Also, Eagle just had his signature disc released so it stands to reason the next signature disc will be Simon's. They are already set up to mold the P2 so all they have to do is switch plastic and they're off and running.

Q4 has been pretty hectic with all the DM releases, looking at DM store emails:
C-line MD3 - Oct 20
Artic Fang - Oct 27 (Evo line)
Razor Claw 2 - Nov 3 (Evo line)
Midnight Prowl - shipped mid/late Nov after Oct pre-orders (Evo line)
Zen - Nov 23 (Evo line)
Black Fri Mystery Box w/ C-line MD1 - Nov 26
Cloudbreaker 3 - Dec 15

December Mystery Box - ~Dec 25th?

In not to long we will have a "Mystery Box of the month or week" it´s a great way to get discs of the shelves.

They get $99 for one disc that people want, , same with all the Lat64 Royal boxes

In not to long we will have a "Mystery Box of the month or week" it´s a great way to get discs of the shelves.

They get $99 for one disc that people want, , same with all the Lat64 Royal boxes

Probably not, but it's ok if they do because you don't have to buy them.

McMahon Edition Mystery Box - December 27

https://www.discmania.net/pages/mysterybox

This years Black Box - McMahon Edition Mystery Box includes:

• TWO Rainmakers (Flex 2 & Flex 3)
• +150% value for your money

•7 other mystery discs

video about the Rainmaker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-lhBpnqMCY

The Rainmaker is a putter designed by none other than Eagle McMahon, one of the most deadliest players on the putting green. Eagle got the opportunity to design a disc of his dreams and he used it well, by designing the world's best putting putter. The Rainmaker is a slightly lower profile, straighter and beveled version of a P2.

"What makes the Rainmaker special to me is the fact I was heavily involved in the design process. The Rainmaker represents everything I want in a putter. I will primarily use it for putting, but the shape of the disc also makes it an incredible point and shoot throwing putter with great glide." -Eagle McMahon

The Rainmaker is a Creator Series mold, meaning it's reserved exclusively for Eagle McMahon releases.

So is this a P1 or a P2-2? They say it's Originals, but their approach here is confusing.

Think Eagle will actually putt with them in tournaments? Even when the new P2s dropped he was still putting with the old ones. And why no Imperial Eagles?! So many questions.

I think Eagle and Simon both wanted slightly less stable P2s. Simon has frequently putted, missed, exclaiming "that is so stable". Says shallower, less overstable. Meh. I have two Cloudbreaker 3 and four new P2. I'll pass.

(maybe)

So is this a P1 or a P2-2? They say it's Originals, but their approach here is confusing.

I think any of their discs going forward that are made in their factory (i.e., not by Yikun or Latitude) are going to be their "originals".

Whatever this putter is that Eagle "created" is probably based off of their new P2 mold. I doubt they would go through the trouble of trying to build a new mold to recreate the P1 or whatever that Innova used to make for them. My real guess is that during the making of their new P2 mold there was some trial and error and this putter was part of that experimentation and Eagle happened to think it was kind of cool.

Obviously this is all total speculation on my part.

Think Eagle will actually putt with them in tournaments? Even when the new P2s dropped he was still putting with the old ones. And why no Imperial Eagles?! So many questions.

DM says:
The Rainmaker is a slightly lower profile, straighter and beveled version of a P2.

For Discmania Support:

A couple questions about the eagle mystery box:

1. For those who snagged the black friday box - how much of the eagle box contents will be similar? What are the chances of ending up with similar discs between the two boxes?
2. I'm assuming we'll be seeing a production run of the rainmaker at some point. It would be a shame to fall in love with a putter only to see it limited to special releases. What is the word on that?

Lastly,

When is DM going to let out another production update? I think most of us are curious what the rest of the winter is going to look like.

And for the record I really hope DM goes through with the idea of a membership club of some sort. I'd be very interested in that.

Happy Holidays

Feels pointless to have a putter you can´t buy backups for..

Could be a nice disc but no way i wpuld try it until it´s a stock disc

I really like the Discmania disc i have, but i don´t bag a single one anymore. . i just don´t want to bag disc i can´t replace

I really like the Discmania disc i have, but i don´t bag a single one anymore. . i just don´t want to bag disc i can´t replace

It was definitely rough for a while, but things are swinging back. You can find the stock releases that they've done regularly (mainly P2 and md3), and it will only continue to get better. Time to get that DM back in your bag!

I couldn't agree with this more. The "Rainmaker" is probably pretty sweet, but what happens when you loose it or it breaks? Everything from DM this year suggests that they are building towards more consistency and stability not only with special releases, but also with stock runs. Obviously that takes time and the current supply shortages from COVID don't help. I think the next couple of years will be big for DM in terms of rebuilding a brand that players can depend upon to always have discs in stock.

Discmania Support Reply

It's a Rainmaker! Eagle has created these and it will not be a P2. Similarities for sure, but it's a Rainmaker

For Discmania Support:

A couple questions about the eagle mystery box:

1. For those who snagged the black friday box - how much of the eagle box contents will be similar? What are the chances of ending up with similar discs between the two boxes?
2. I'm assuming we'll be seeing a production run of the rainmaker at some point. It would be a shame to fall in love with a putter only to see it limited to special releases. What is the word on that?

Lastly,

When is DM going to let out another production update? I think most of us are curious what the rest of the winter is going to look like.

And for the record I really hope DM goes through with the idea of a membership club of some sort. I'd be very interested in that.

Happy Holidays

Good questions. The second box will be entirely different than the first. There may be one disc found from the previous one inside but everything else should not be the same. It's very possible that you could receive a similar misprint but that is tough to predict.

Rainmaker 100% will be a full release. These are special versions and may have variance compared to production stamps but rest assured that you'll be able to buy more of them next year.

Production update should be posted early January most likely. Thanks for your patience!

Rainmaker will absolutely be produced as a full-scale signature release, don't worry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts