• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Santa should be bringing me a G-CD2, which I hope will be straighter, even with a little turn, compared to the two C-CD2s I have tested. They were very good but too close to PDs, a variety of which I have in the bag already. No use in stirring them up by forcing C-CD2s in there as well. Now, the G-CD2 is hopefully different enough of an animal to merit a slot. Could pair up nicely with the beat S-CD I have, which is likely the most difficult-to-replace disc in my bag currently.

Santa should be bringing me a G-CD2, which I hope will be straighter, even with a little turn, compared to the two C-CD2s I have tested. They were very good but too close to PDs, a variety of which I have in the bag already. No use in stirring them up by forcing C-CD2s in there as well. Now, the G-CD2 is hopefully different enough of an animal to merit a slot. Could pair up nicely with the beat S-CD I have, which is likely the most difficult-to-replace disc in my bag currently.

You will most definitely see a little turn with the g-cd2! I have opted to throw mine for this reason over my c-cd2s until they season in a little bit!

We don't have an interest in making a "destroyer killer". That being said, our newest run of S-LINE DD2s are very overstable, even more overstable than our C-LINE DD2s. You can certainly throw these DD2s in the wind.

That's very good insight. Is it strictly for the grip? We find most people stick with the C-LINE for durability.
?

I will have to look into picking up some new DD2s I have two echo stars at the moment one is like a lightly beat in destroyer and the other is like a sidewinder. I like being able to beat my discs in to fill other roles as well. I would rather cycle star plastic both for grip and work-ability. I also feel that once champion style plastic beats in it becomes inconsistent.

I will have to look into picking up some new DD2s I have two echo stars at the moment one is like a lightly beat in destroyer and the other is like a sidewinder. I like being able to beat my discs in to fill other roles as well. I would rather cycle star plastic both for grip and work-ability. I also feel that once champion style plastic beats in it becomes inconsistent.

The problem with this is there is a huge difference between an OS destroyer at 2.2 cm and and OS DD2 at 2.5cm. Just as there's a huge difference between a PD2 at 2.4 cm and a Destroyer at 2.2 cm.

With that description, we would bet the G-LINE CD2 is exactly what you are looking for.

You will most definitely see a little turn with the g-cd2! I have opted to throw mine for this reason over my c-cd2s until they season in a little bit!

We agree.

That's interesting insight. Please let us know what you think of the new DD2s.

The problem with this is there is a huge difference between an OS destroyer at 2.2 cm and and OS DD2 at 2.5cm. Just as there's a huge difference between a PD2 at 2.4 cm and a Destroyer at 2.2 cm.

If you're comparing flight paths. I don't see what you are saying with the rim width. It's very hard to compare different discs by dimensions alone. Each different discs has a different flight. I would still recommend the new S-LINE DD2s for high speed driver that is straight to overstable, but more on the overstable side.

Let me first say rarintal is possibly the best writer on DGCR- always so professional and thorough. Really impressive because you only need to read posts from everybody else to see it's not an easy job. Besides 150 class p-pds (would love to be able to buy more, cough, cough) being the best driver for ams out there, his posts really make me want to support the company.

At the end of a very long and surely time-consuming post, I think this last sentence fragment was part of a draft that became the sentence prior...:

...which makes me want to clarify that you intended to say you're NOT making more discs with this top in the future?

Thank you for the compliment. To clarify; we have not decided on whether to produce the disc with that top in the future, but we have not ruled it out either. If there's a high demand for it, it wouldn't make sense to not make more. :)

With that statement being said, that's why we have this post for questions about molds, productions, and general Discmania questions. We always try to have our ear to the ground listening to your opinions.

Overall it's a great disc; it
s been my go-to for thumber shots surprisingly. Took it to a course that I played a tourney at and parked a hole with a thumber that I had consistently foured or worse during the tournament (Hole #9 at Timmons Park). Backhand, it's pretty stable, which is about what I would expect with my arm speed. If there's a headwind it'll get a hint of turn, but overall it's a pretty dependable disc.

Awesome, thanks for the review!

Again guys, thanks so much for giving us input on this thread.

Cheers,
Ryan

I still think people would quit their whining if Yall would just put out some gline pd2s.

do Star TDs still mold up with the "plus" rim? Maybe it isn't intentional but it is very slanted.

picture.php

what's this worth, anyone know?

Got this a few years ago. I'm thinking it was when they first started coming out. Any one know what they are worth? 172g 10/10 DD2. Thanks

Attachments

• 20141222_204730.jpg
    20141222_204730.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 30
I personally also would like to see something that is slower than DD2, less stable than PD2 and faster than PD. I already have a P-line PD2 that isn't crazy overstable even for my armspeed, but I'd prefer premium plastic. I'm wondering about the DD, but is it that longer compared to PD and afaik they are quite stable, so could I use one as max distance driver? Basicly, does DD have much distance potential compared to a PD? Any spesific run that is less stable?

Also here's my wishlist for new productions in 2015:
- Overstable mid-range (MD4?)
- Overstable putter (P4?)
- Moar bright colours!
- White or light blue D-P1X (with the same type of D-line plastic)

I'm a bit of a perfectionist what comes to colors, heh..

I also have a beat P-PD2 and some beat DDs as the next step up from PDs. But something with that flight out of the box in indestructible Jolly Launcer plastic would be so nice.

I personally also would like to see something that is slower than DD2, less stable than PD2 and faster than PD. I already have a P-line PD2 that isn't crazy overstable even for my armspeed, but I'd prefer premium plastic. I'm wondering about the DD, but is it that longer compared to PD and afaik they are quite stable, so could I use one as max distance driver? Basicly, does DD have much distance potential compared to a PD? Any spesific run that is less stable?

Also here's my wishlist for new productions in 2015:
- Overstable mid-range (MD4?)
- Overstable putter (P4?)
- Moar bright colours!
- White or light blue D-P1X (with the same type of D-line plastic)

I'm a bit of a perfectionist what comes to colors, heh..

... i just want the MD1 to be remolded in to something understable, my wishlist is much shorter... just send me whatever mold you're testing. merry xmas

D/P-line MD3s, please. Slow, overstable putter (you hit a homerun with the P1x!). Discmania snuggie. Or just the first two :)

Do the Aussie Open x-line P1x (not x outs) have the concave top? I might order a couple if they do.

Please run more concave x-line P1x.

In regards to the X-line P1x; the reason for my purchase of these (bought 5, wish I would've bought 10) was because of the talk about them being concave. For every reason rarintal said that testers liked the concave tops. I know that it was said that there was no plan to make more discs with this top in the future, but I beg you to reconsider. I would be one of many that lined up for a Puddle Top P1x!

As far as the X-line goes; a little softer than I like, but the grip is exceptional!

It's hard to ask for more from the guys that gave us the PD, in many great plastic varieties, but if I dared to even suggest, I would say, "How about Blizzard PDs?"

But I'm sure you guys know what you're doing. With the PD you set the bar so high it would be hard to top it. I'm looking forward to whatever you come up with next. And thanks so much for the PD! It's changed my game so much and improved my confidence by leaps and bounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.