• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As merchandise goes, DM buffs would be super cool. In several colour combinations. They come in handy in so many ways in so many weather conditions.

ps. WTH is a "snuggie"? :D

It's hard to ask for more from the guys that gave us the PD, in many great plastic varieties, but if I dared to even suggest, I would say, "How about Blizzard PDs?"

They produce 150 class PD's currently, I fail to see how a Blizzard plastic option would compliment the existing line-up.

They produce 150 class PD's currently, I fail to see how a Blizzard plastic option would compliment the existing line-up.

I think that's what he means. People are using the "blizzard" moniker in place of all lightweight discs. AFAIK Blizzard is for wide rimmed drivers, others don't have the same problems molding up like the warp speeds.

I still think people would quit their whining if Yall would just put out some gline pd2s.

Thank you for the insight. We will keep that in mind.

Do you know anywhere I can get a prototype run P2?

We had a very small amount of them for sale on the Discmania Store, but they are gone now. I don't know where you could find one.

do Star TDs still mold up with the "plus" rim? Maybe it isn't intentional but it is very slanted.

picture.php

The TD's do not come out with the Plus Mold anymore. There is 1 run of S-LINE and 1 run of C-LINE that had the plus mold. If you're looking for more plus molds there are some of the C-LINE TD's available on the Discmania Store.

I personally also would like to see something that is slower than DD2, less stable than PD2 and faster than PD. I already have a P-line PD2 that isn't crazy overstable even for my armspeed, but I'd prefer premium plastic. I'm wondering about the DD, but is it that longer compared to PD and afaik they are quite stable, so could I use one as max distance driver? Basicly, does DD have much distance potential compared to a PD? Any spesific run that is less stable?

Also here's my wishlist for new productions in 2015:
- Overstable mid-range (MD4?)
- Overstable putter (P4?)
- Moar bright colours!
- White or light blue D-P1X (with the same type of D-line plastic)

I'm a bit of a perfectionist what comes to colors, heh..

The DD is an 11 speed with the same type of flight as the PD. So, yes the DD has more distance potential.

As for your wish list we will keep all of those things in mind for the future.

I also have a beat P-PD2 and some beat DDs as the next step up from PDs. But something with that flight out of the box in indestructible Jolly Launcer plastic would be so nice.

We will keep this in mind for future productions.

... i just want the MD1 to be remolded in to something understable, my wishlist is much shorter... just send me whatever mold you're testing. merry xmas

We are working on the MD1 project. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you guys too.

D/P-line MD3s, please. Slow, overstable putter (you hit a homerun with the P1x!). Discmania snuggie. Or just the first two :)

Do the Aussie Open x-line P1x (not x outs) have the concave top? I might order a couple if they do.

Please run more concave x-line P1x.

Thank you for the kind words about the P1x. We will keep the other things in mind too.

About the Aussie Open X-LINE P1x's: They do have the concaved top.

And we will work on continuing the concaved top on the X-LINE P1x.

The 2 X i have are concave

Thanks for confirming that.

In regards to the X-line P1x; the reason for my purchase of these (bought 5, wish I would've bought 10) was because of the talk about them being concave. For every reason rarintal said that testers liked the concave tops. I know that it was said that there was no plan to make more discs with this top in the future, but I beg you to reconsider. I would be one of many that lined up for a Puddle Top P1x!

As far as the X-line goes; a little softer than I like, but the grip is exceptional!

We will be working on continuing the concaved top. Thank you for the insight.

It's hard to ask for more from the guys that gave us the PD, in many great plastic varieties, but if I dared to even suggest, I would say, "How about Blizzard PDs?"

But I'm sure you guys know what you're doing. With the PD you set the bar so high it would be hard to top it. I'm looking forward to whatever you come up with next. And thanks so much for the PD! It's changed my game so much and improved my confidence by leaps and bounds.

Thank you for the kind words. Have you tried out our new C-LINE and G-LINE CD2?

I would really love a g line PD2. The gstar boss was awesome but I'd love something with more stability

Thanks for the request, we will most certainly keep this in mind for future productions.

As merchandise goes, DM buffs would be super cool. In several colour combinations. They come in handy in so many ways in so many weather conditions.

ps. WTH is a "snuggie"? :D

Thank you for the insight. We will keep all of these things in mind for future productions :)

Thank you very much for commenting on this thread guys. We really appreciate all of the insights and comments you guys are coming up with.

2015 will be a very exciting year, we are looking forward to sharing the journey with all of the Discmaniacs out there!

Best regards,
Ryan Rintala

Thank you Ryan for coming on here and answering all the questions! That is why Discmania is the the best brand on the market! Heres to an awesome 2014 and an even better 2015!

I hope you do a production run of the x-line P1x. I liked the two x-outs I ordered so much, that I ordered the last five pink Aussies that you had. :)

But I'd love a clean, non-tourney stamp. And I promise to order more PDs too if you make a production run.

150 class S-PDs and P-PDs are getting really, really hard to find these days and I'm unaware of 150 class C-PDs or G-PDs so I'd love to know about where to get these currently produced 150 class PDs you speak of. (other than Clearwater has 150 class S-PDs.)

150 class S-PDs and P-PDs are getting really, really hard to find these days and I'm unaware of 150 class C-PDs or G-PDs so I'd love to know about where to get these currently produced 150 class PDs you speak of. (other than Clearwater has 150 class S-PDs.)
You can find 150 class S-lines in the DM store and P-lines at Disc Golf Values.

Thanks for the lead suggestions, but DGV doesn't have P-PDs between 150-165g, only those 145-150 that are usually dayglo and domey and I'm not a fan of. Whenever 155-160g P-PDs pop up on the internet they disappear very fast (I keep an eye out and buy the orange ones), so even though I realize the relative demand for lightweight discs is low overall, the supply is even lower.

I think the point I was trying to side with is it would be awesome for Discmania to run more 150 class PDs and in ALL plastics.

I agree with the counter-argument that since they could run 150 class PDs in C-Line (although they never have to my knowledge) there's no point in making them in Blizzard plastic.

I just wanted to mention that not only is Ryan professional and fantastic posting here, but he is exactly the same way responding to customer emails to the Discmania Store. Very fast, professional response, and I end up with what I want in the end. :D

Just wanted to let others know that I've been nothing but pleased in dealing with the Discmania Store. These guys are awesome and will continue to receive my business, and I appreciate that a lot.

Buffs would be awesome. I love them. Great for any weather condition. Wick sweat away when it is hot, wet it down and put it around your neck, use it as a scarf or beanie for the cold fall and winter. I would buy some for sure.

The DD is an 11 speed with the same type of flight as the PD. So, yes the DD has more distance potential.

Thanks for the response. I know that the DD is faster than the PD but I was wondering are they all too overstable or could they be workable max distance driver for my arm speed. I believe that speed 11 or 12 is the most suitable for me for that job, and at the moment I'm using P-line PD2 for max distance. And don't get me wrong, I really like my P-PD2, but I'm still curious about the DD since PD2's are meathooks in premium plastic afaik, and I'm wondering if DD has less fade than the P-PD2.

So if I wanted to try the DD, what should I be looking for? I think that S-line is less stable than C-line? Flat or domey? Some spesific run of DD that isn't as overstable?

DDs arent too overstable unless you are throwing 300feet. I do bag them even though I am sure I am not getting them up to speed all the way. A beat P-PD2 is my weapon of choice too, in my bag a beat old S-DD is very similar to it, as is a slightly beat P-DD as well. Lastly there is the 12x FB stable super OS C-DD freak.

Depends so much on the PLH so if you can pick and choose, that would be your best bet. I do have a low PLH C-DD that is straight, and on the other hand I used to have a high PLH 170g P-DD that was just as OS of a monster than the two high PLH C-DDs if have tried.

Generally, yes I think the stablility goes P/S/C, but you would do best to compare PLHs, otherwise it can be hit and miss.

Runs I dont know about other than the first run S-DD is very sought after but also oh so rare because most of them have been snatched up. I use it for windy forehand situations to stay straight despite the headwind.

Thank you Ryan for coming on here and answering all the questions! That is why Discmania is the the best brand on the market! Heres to an awesome 2014 and an even better 2015!

Thank you for your kind words. We will work as hard as we can to keep it up.

I hope you do a production run of the x-line P1x. I liked the two x-outs I ordered so much, that I ordered the last five pink Aussies that you had. :)

But I'd love a clean, non-tourney stamp. And I promise to order more PDs too if you make a production run.

We will be working on getting more of these X-LINE P1x available.

The Discmania Store did release some with the store stamp on them. Found here: http://store.discmania.net/x-line-p1x-store-stamp.html

But I think you found them already ;)

I don't have an answer for you on this. But we will take a look into it and will get them on the Discmania Store if we can find them.

You can find 150 class S-lines in the DM store and P-lines at Disc Golf Values.

We have some last we checked, but will look into finding more.

Thanks for the lead suggestions, but DGV doesn't have P-PDs between 150-165g, only those 145-150 that are usually dayglo and domey and I'm not a fan of. Whenever 155-160g P-PDs pop up on the internet they disappear very fast (I keep an eye out and buy the orange ones), so even though I realize the relative demand for lightweight discs is low overall, the supply is even lower.

I think the point I was trying to side with is it would be awesome for Discmania to run more 150 class PDs and in ALL plastics.

I agree with the counter-argument that since they could run 150 class PDs in C-Line (although they never have to my knowledge) there's no point in making them in Blizzard plastic.

Thanks for the information, we appreciate any comments that anyone is willing to make for us :)

I just wanted to mention that not only is Ryan professional and fantastic posting here, but he is exactly the same way responding to customer emails to the Discmania Store. Very fast, professional response, and I end up with what I want in the end. :D

Just wanted to let others know that I've been nothing but pleased in dealing with the Discmania Store. These guys are awesome and will continue to receive my business, and I appreciate that a lot.

Thank you very much, we try to provide the best service possible.

Buffs would be awesome. I love them. Great for any weather condition. Wick sweat away when it is hot, wet it down and put it around your neck, use it as a scarf or beanie for the cold fall and winter. I would buy some for sure.

Thanks for the information, we will keep that in mind for the future.

Thanks for the response. I know that the DD is faster than the PD but I was wondering are they all too overstable or could they be workable max distance driver for my arm speed. I believe that speed 11 or 12 is the most suitable for me for that job, and at the moment I'm using P-line PD2 for max distance. And don't get me wrong, I really like my P-PD2, but I'm still curious about the DD since PD2's are meathooks in premium plastic afaik, and I'm wondering if DD has less fade than the P-PD2.

So if I wanted to try the DD, what should I be looking for? I think that S-line is less stable than C-line? Flat or domey? Some spesific run of DD that isn't as overstable?

If you wanted to find a more understable or longer DD, you could try the P-LINE DD or the 2nd Run S-LINE DD. It's an older run that came out with a bit of raised dome, and has a higher amount of glide than all other runs.

We have them on the Discmania Store: http://store.discmania.net/s-line-dd-second-run.html

DDs arent too overstable unless you are throwing 300feet. I do bag them even though I am sure I am not getting them up to speed all the way. A beat P-PD2 is my weapon of choice too, in my bag a beat old S-DD is very similar to it, as is a slightly beat P-DD as well. Lastly there is the 12x FB stable super OS C-DD freak.

Depends so much on the PLH so if you can pick and choose, that would be your best bet. I do have a low PLH C-DD that is straight, and on the other hand I used to have a high PLH 170g P-DD that was just as OS of a monster than the two high PLH C-DDs if have tried.

Generally, yes I think the stablility goes P/S/C, but you would do best to compare PLHs, otherwise it can be hit and miss.

Runs I dont know about other than the first run S-DD is very sought after but also oh so rare because most of them have been snatched up. I use it for windy forehand situations to stay straight despite the headwind.

That's a good assessment of the DD. One other thing you could look for is the top being flatter. The tight feeling flat tops always seem more overstable. By tight I am refferring to that when you move the dome it feels like it's strung very tight from the inside of one side of the rim to the other. I personally have one of these in my bag for utility duties somewhat how some players use the First Run C-PDs.

Thanks for all the comments and questions guys!

-Ryan

I third this. They're great.

please consider a flat/sunken top on the p2/p3!!

at that rate....

flat tops on mids and putters is key! many molds (era/blend/tooling) are sought after for these qualities!

if you could capitalize on consistently flat molds you will be ahead of the curve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts