• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thikn the MD4 is supposed to be that. When they get it down. No idea if it will have a bead or not, but I have found that contrary to what I previously thought (that beaded discs will forever be uncomfortable for sidearm) a Justice for example that has a massive bead, is otherwise super flat and thus suited to my FH grip very well.

What I want to see next year from discmania is

1. D-line PDs
2. MD4s (hopefully they can all be flat tops so that I can have a production disc to replace my flat top gators)
3. FDx (basically a second run fd clone, or a mix between a 6th run and 2nd run)

I understand why new discs take a while to produce with all the testing, designing, and marketing, but with a mold that has been around as long as the PD, why hasnt it come in d-line yet?

Instead of trying to make md3s beefier why don't we just get a nice flattish JL gremlin? That would be beefier than most md3s.

Agree on King X post.

Except for the fact of repeating past runs, is well, ya know if it could be done so nicely their wouldn't be all these sought after runs.

Thats actually a great idea.

When I first started playing years ago I used the 1-2 combo of pro line spider and pro line gremlin. It worked pretty well. Unfortunately all of the more recent ones have been domey. Maybe use the flat top process or it seems like most JL tends to mold up on the flatter side anyway.

It's a great mid, just doesn't get the love it deserves.

The new luster MD3 is pretty money for a go to mid range and will likely kick my buzzzes out. Now we really just need an MD4 that is gator stable and I will be back to all DM besides my beloved destroyers!

aesthetics/first impressions:

Well, the stamp and plastic go together so well. Candy blue plastic and the aussie make for an attractive disc.

Now the actual mold reminded me of a pd stretched into a size 11 plus rim. Almost felt 12 but I didn't get the calipers out. The dome is moderate and had a great transition from the rim up to center. No dents, puddle tops or flat areas. Just one smooth tranisiton. Best looking disc I've seen in a while. Reminded me of the enforcer.

Disclaimer: It is cold here in the midwest. Our coldest weather to date. So I didn't go through the full rounds of testing. Just a few throws. But here are my observations:

This disc is fast, and os. Like what discmaina said here it is reminiscent of the sought after os run of the pd. But I believe (having never thrown that run) this may be similar to that run with better wind penetrating speed.

This is not a toy and the x factor is for real. It is fast, os and wants to penetrate. This should easily hit the top 5 molds of 2017 when I guess it might be released.

I will be bagging these for sure when the come out in p line plastic.

This disc is not a toy and is designed for someone who has certain degree of arm speed.

For anyone interested and on facebook please go give the Discmania Media Partners page a like and share and we will keep you in the loop when new molds and releases happen!

Has anyone thrown both the X-P1x and a soft P-P1x and would care to comment on flex/grip/etc. ? My favourite throwing and putting putter in X-line and dying to try out the soft P once it becomes available in Finland.

Has anyone thrown both the X-P1x and a soft P-P1x and would care to comment on flex/grip/etc. ? My favourite throwing and putting putter in X-line and dying to try out the soft P once it becomes available in Finland.

Got mine today. Usually putt with kc pros but have fallen in love with the x line p1x so I picked up a p line for winter. It's till pretty stiff with just a minimal amount of give. Putts like a p1x. Grip is not as chalky or tacky as the x line by a mile. The x line is too perfect in my opinion though

D-Line FDs?

Where can I get D-line FDs? I've seen them around but can't find any. I was wondering if there was somewhere that I could buy some.

Status
Not open for further replies.