• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Will P Line MD3s become a stock disc or remain a factory store thing? Great mold, love my proto P Lines, just wish they were easier to get.

Will P Line MD3s become a stock disc or remain a factory store thing? Great mold, love my proto P Lines, just wish they were easier to get.

Me too. The availability is still pretty good in Finland at least despite a lack of stock release, and I have a stack.

What are the chances of getting color D-line glow in a Discmania mold? P2 or P1x would be the obvious candidates.

Just so everyone is aware - I believe Ryan has taken a job elsewhere and will not be continuing to answer questions. I have sent notes to a few other store employees asking for their presence on DGCR. Stay tuned.

i am running out of 2nd run FD's, when we see new run of FD whit same stability and feel of 2nd run?
We are always looking to replicate this disc, and have plans to do so, but have other projects we are working on in the meantime. The 6th run FD is a nice choice for now and we have gotten very positive feedback on our latest run of the Luster FD.

Another wish list item. We need pumpkin P2's and DDx's this year please.

P2's and DDx's
S-Line Black w/ Orange stamp
S-Line Black w/ White stamp
S-Line Orange w/ Black stamp
S-Line Orange w/ White stamp

P2's
D-Line Black w/ Orange stamp
D-Line Black w/ White stamp
D-Line Orange w/ Black stamp
D-Line Orange w/ White stamp

Also...any further thought given to D-Line MD3's?

And as always, thanks for taking the time to read and respond to our questions/wishes.
Thanks for the wishlist. Sorry for the late response on this one. We did our best to make Halloween great and we hope you liked our bat wings stamp!! As far as the D-Line MD3 goes, it is definitely in our future plans. Be on the lookout!!

Question.... Innova seems to have had issues with bubble top blizzards in the past, but you all have seemed to work it out well for the DDX (i grabbed 4 and am very pleased with the flight).

Assuming, therefore, that Innova has the technology to produce blizzard with bubbles in rim AND flight plate, or rim only... I'm wondering if it is possible to generate bubbles in JUST the flight plate (or at least really minimize the bubbles in the rim)?

Obviously, where I'm going with this is less weight in center, more in rim, while still being able to have lighter weights than max.
I'd be curious if that added glide and/or stability in long range drivers. A DDX in the high 160s with most of that weight in the edge seems like it'd be killer...

Thanks for the question. This prototype run of Blizzard DDx was a special thing that we wanted to do for our customers. Making discs with the bubbles in the flight plate is a very hard thing to do and we end up with more X-Out products than production quality discs that meet our specifications. It is very likely that when another run of these DDx's are produced, they will return to having the bubbles exclusively in the rim. Bubbles only in the flight plate would likely not allow those discs to be the correct weight for blizzard specs.

I know it's been mentioned before but I'd love to see the DDx in G-line. The TD as well.

We do have plans to make the G-DDx one day but need to pursue other tasks in the meantime. It is not out of the question that this disc will be made, but things like the MD4 and other important discs need to come first. G-Line TD is a good suggestion but the same goes for this as well.

So... S-line FD2? ;)

Also do you have any buttery hysteria stamped s-line DDs hidden at the store? :)

S-Line FD2 may be a possibility in the future. We had a very positive response with the G-Line FD2's we sent out in the Mystery boxes and will perhaps release the S-FD2 at some point. We hear your requests!! The S-DD unfortunately is now gone. The Hysteria ones, that is. Those were also sent out in the Mystery boxes and we hope people will appreciate what they are and how cool of and item it really is. Although most of the discs were on the lighter side, those 2nd runs make for great bombers!

Are MD3s going to be retooled to be more overstable? I threw a C-Line. I wanted it to be more overstable than it was. I want Discmania to release a midrange thats as beefy as the Gator or retool the MD3 to be that beefy. I'd prefer it to be beedless so I can consistently throw it sidearm...

Thanks for your question about the MD3. Our Luster MD3 has been very popular among throwers looking for exactly that. Although this mold has not been retooled, it is actually quite a bit more overstable than any run produced thus far other than the Glow MD3 with a high dome. We feel as if those two runs were comparable and Luster may even take the cake with overstability. The MD4 will be just what you need for a more overstable MD3.

Can anyone compare the soft P-P1xs with X-P1xs? Flex and grip -wise? Are the softs all concave?

Hey there. The soft P1x is going to be the most buttery feeling P1x we have made thus far. It provides unparalleled grip along with a softer feel and makes for a great thrower. During these colder months, they offer the perfect complement to the stiffer versions of the P1x so you can maintain control while your hands are cold and wet. Dana loves this disc and has quickly become a firm advocate of the soft P1x. The X-P1x is going to be similar. They will be a touch more overstable and a bit stiffer as well. We would say that the amount of grip in the plastic is a tiny bit less but not so much that it makes a huge difference between the two.

What I want to see next year from discmania is

1. D-line PDs
2. MD4s (hopefully they can all be flat tops so that I can have a production disc to replace my flat top gators)
3. FDx (basically a second run fd clone, or a mix between a 6th run and 2nd run)

I understand why new discs take a while to produce with all the testing, designing, and marketing, but with a mold that has been around as long as the PD, why hasnt it come in d-line yet?

1. D-Line PD…. You never know!!! ;)
2. MD4 – We are working hard to make the disc that is right for our lineup. These things take time and careful effort on our behalf to make sure that it is the best it can be. Thanks for your patience and trust us, we are working on it.
3. FDx – Always on the agenda and we are also always on the lookout for new ways to replicate this coveted run.

Instead of trying to make md3s beefier why don't we just get a nice flattish JL gremlin? That would be beefier than most md3s.

Good idea! The MD4 will come first and we hope you will all love it when it is complete. We have no plans at the moment to reinvent the GM for the time being. Try the MD3 in Luster if you haven't already. They are fantastic.

will the md4 be small diameter? If the gargoyle is a vspider3 I am really hoping the md4 is a vgator3.
Thanks for the question. The MD4 cannot be disclosed at the moment as far as the specs and diameter. We have many options in mind and want to be meticulous with our choice. No, small diameter is not out of the question but we do want to make sure we have all of our options readily available for this one.

Where can I get D-line FDs? I've seen them around but can't find any. I was wondering if there was somewhere that I could buy some.

D-Line FD is in the production queue and we just ended up running out towards the end of last year. Keep an eye out and you should see a re-stock of them in the near future.

P-Line MD3 will not be a full production release for now. We do have plenty for you at the store and we feel they will be just what you need. Are you having trouble finding them on our site?

Thanks for the question. This prototype run of Blizzard DDx was a special thing that we wanted to do for our customers. Making discs with the bubbles in the flight plate is a very hard thing to do and we end up with more X-Out products than production quality discs that meet our specifications. It is very likely that when another run of these DDx's are produced, they will return to having the bubbles exclusively in the rim. Bubbles only in the flight plate would likely not allow those discs to be the correct weight for blizzard specs.

We do have plans to make the G-DDx one day but need to pursue other tasks in the meantime. It is not out of the question that this disc will be made, but things like the MD4 and other important discs need to come first. G-Line TD is a good suggestion but the same goes for this as well.

S-Line FD2 may be a possibility in the future. We had a very positive response with the G-Line FD2's we sent out in the Mystery boxes and will perhaps release the S-FD2 at some point. We hear your requests!! The S-DD unfortunately is now gone. The Hysteria ones, that is. Those were also sent out in the Mystery boxes and we hope people will appreciate what they are and how cool of and item it really is. Although most of the discs were on the lighter side, those 2nd runs make for great bombers!

Thanks for your question about the MD3. Our Luster MD3 has been very popular among throwers looking for exactly that. Although this mold has not been retooled, it is actually quite a bit more overstable than any run produced thus far other than the Glow MD3 with a high dome. We feel as if those two runs were comparable and Luster may even take the cake with overstability. The MD4 will be just what you need for a more overstable MD3.

Hey there. The soft P1x is going to be the most buttery feeling P1x we have made thus far. It provides unparalleled grip along with a softer feel and makes for a great thrower. During these colder months, they offer the perfect complement to the stiffer versions of the P1x so you can maintain control while your hands are cold and wet. Dana loves this disc and has quickly become a firm advocate of the soft P1x. The X-P1x is going to be similar. They will be a touch more overstable and a bit stiffer as well. We would say that the amount of grip in the plastic is a tiny bit less but not so much that it makes a huge difference between the two.

1. D-Line PD…. You never know!!! ;)
2. MD4 – We are working hard to make the disc that is right for our lineup. These things take time and careful effort on our behalf to make sure that it is the best it can be. Thanks for your patience and trust us, we are working on it.
3. FDx – Always on the agenda and we are also always on the lookout for new ways to replicate this coveted run.

Good idea! The MD4 will come first and we hope you will all love it when it is complete. We have no plans at the moment to reinvent the GM for the time being. Try the MD3 in Luster if you haven't already. They are fantastic.

Thanks for the question. The MD4 cannot be disclosed at the moment as far as the specs and diameter. We have many options in mind and want to be meticulous with our choice. No, small diameter is not out of the question but we do want to make sure we have all of our options readily available for this one.

D-Line FD is in the production queue and we just ended up running out towards the end of last year. Keep an eye out and you should see a re-stock of them in the near future.

P-Line MD3 will not be a full production release for now. We do have plenty for you at the store and we feel they will be just what you need. Are you having trouble finding them on our site?

Actually yes. The colors offered with the "stock" P-Line/factory store stamp are not what I'd care for. Also, the $15.99 price for base plastic is a huge turn off.

*DM has full carte blanche on what they want for their factory store. They go out of their way to offer unique runs and discs. Add to that the effort they take to describe even the factory runs, I get the value.

Sure thing! My question was posted before getting my dirty mitts on them. Heres what I thought:

looks like eagle still throwing those 3rd run C-PD's a TON at the aussie open. also saw a 2nd run C-FD....

Status
Not open for further replies.