• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is te best way to find out about new additions to the store? This thread, the newsletter, or just checking the Discmania site frequently?

Will Discmania be releasing any in the bag videos of the Tour Team?

What disc would you recommend trying for rollers?

Still checking the site everyday for those first run FD2's and for the possibility of x-outs :) Can't wait to see those released!

Today answered my first run FD2 comment. Awesome!

Since people are making requests, I think you guys should try to recreate the early (first?) run C-MD2s that were run in the grippy, opaque plastic blend. I don't know what it is about this plastic, but it just feels so good in the hand and flies great. It may not be the exact same stuff, but the recent special edition Brinster Millenium Sentinels looked pretty close. As did the pictures I saw of the Innova Store Champion Polecats. This blend, or something close, must still be possible. Make it happen!

Here's a picture of the run I am talking about. I got lucky finding these two at an out-of-town disc retailer last week :)

Awesome! I'm glad they are available...will there be lighter 160ish weights in the near future?

I think the opaque run are the best. They fly a tick less stable the new JLs, and feel oh so nice.

I love the PD2 for distance forehands. I'm always amazed to see the pros like David Wiggins, Simon Lizzotte, and AJ throw them so far backhand.

I'm wondering if the PD2 is an original mold or a combination of other molds? I always tell people it's like an XCal rim wit a PD top.

Also, it seems like the current Destroyers have incorporated a PD/PD2 top instead of a more Wraith like top of early runs. Any insight on that?

Thanks for all the Questions and Comments guys!

Will Discmania be releasing any in the bag videos of the Tour Team?

What disc would you recommend trying for rollers?

Still checking the site everyday for those first run FD2's and for the possibility of x-outs :) Can't wait to see those released!

I will have to ask a few questions to get the answer about the In The Bag Videos. I will have to get back to you on that.

For rollers, I have seen several different discs used. For example; Simon Lizotte Uses the S-LINE DD2 for sky rollers, I have seen PD2's used as rollers that are kept a lot closer to the ground and for forehand rollers. And i have seen the FD and the TD thrown as rollers. I would recommend the S-LINE FD or The TD. The other two examples are much more difficult.

We got the FD2's out before i could respond

What is te best way to find out about new additions to the store? This thread, the newsletter, or just checking the Discmania site frequently?

All three work, Also we are very keen to release information through social media like Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.

Since people are making requests, I think you guys should try to recreate the early (first?) run C-MD2s that were run in the grippy, opaque plastic blend. I don't know what it is about this plastic, but it just feels so good in the hand and flies great. It may not be the exact same stuff, but the recent special edition Brinster Millenium Sentinels looked pretty close. As did the pictures I saw of the Innova Store Champion Polecats. This blend, or something close, must still be possible. Make it happen!

Here's a picture of the run I am talking about. I got lucky finding these two at an out-of-town disc retailer last week :)

We will keep this in mind for the future. There seems to be quite a following for these MD2's. I am particularly fond of the MD3, maybe I need to try one of these!

Awesome! I'm glad they are available...will there be lighter 160ish weights in the near future?

I think response is for the P-LINE PD. If so, yes they will be in the future. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think the opaque run are the best. They fly a tick less stable the new JLs, and feel oh so nice.

So, they are a straighter MD2 is what you are talking about? correct?

Any plans for a C-Line CD?

I don't know this answer I will have to ask some questions.

I love the PD2 for distance forehands. I'm always amazed to see the pros like David Wiggins, Simon Lizzotte, and AJ throw them so far backhand.

I'm wondering if the PD2 is an original mold or a combination of other molds? I always tell people it's like an XCal rim wit a PD top.

Also, it seems like the current Destroyers have incorporated a PD/PD2 top instead of a more Wraith like top of early runs. Any insight on that?

I love the PD2's as well. I will look into the specifics so we can give you the proper answer on what it is. All i do know for sure is that it's guaranteed to fade at the end!

I have thrown the newest Destroyers they are more overstable. But I don't have any insight on the shape of them. Sorry, it's not a Discmania product :)

Thanks guys!

I am sure you guys have some more questions!

Thanks again for taking the time to answer all these questions! I'm excited that there will be light P PD's, however my original question was regarding if the FD2 would be available in lighter weights.

I will have to ask a few questions to get the answer about the In The Bag Videos. I will have to get back to you on that.

Thanks for the responses! It would even be cool to see Simon and Jussi's Japan Open bags post tourney!

I have two of the burghandi on the left and one of the yellow, all three with identical stamps. the yellow was my first cmd2 i bought. i have to agree that those are still the best. To answer Rarintal's question yeah they are a bit straighter due to less low speed fade on the end but have just as much high speed stability until you really break one in. They have more glide than any of the JL cmd2's I've had as well.

Last edited:
Funny, I was just about to post what New said. The older opaque MD2s definitely have less LSS but show almost the same HSS as the newer JL runs. I have both, but ultimately prefer the opaque runs because of how amazing they feel. They also beat in really nice. Beat in they still fly stable unless thrown flat and hard. They also hold great anny lines.

I currently throw all Innova, but I will be seriously tempted to buy a G-LINE PD ;) When will these be available?

Thanks again for taking the time to answer all these questions! I'm excited that there will be light P PD's, however my original question was regarding if the FD2 would be available in lighter weights.

Yes the C-LINE FD2's will be in lighter weights. For the European Masters Fundraiser there is still some 168's available.

found here: http://store.discmania.net/index.ph...r-discs/2014-european-masters-c-line-fd2.html

Thanks for the responses! It would even be cool to see Simon and Jussi's Japan Open bags post tourney!

We will keep this in mind for the future :)

I have two of the burghandi on the left and one of the yellow, all three with identical stamps. the yellow was my first cmd2 i bought. i have to agree that those are still the best. To answer Rarintal's question yeah they are a bit straighter due to less low speed fade on the end but have just as much high speed stability until you really break one in. They have more glide than any of the JL cmd2's I've had as well.

Funny, I was just about to post what New said. The older opaque MD2s definitely have less LSS but show almost the same HSS as the newer JL runs. I have both, but ultimately prefer the opaque runs because of how amazing they feel. They also beat in really nice. Beat in they still fly stable unless thrown flat and hard. They also hold great anny lines.

I see, I will most certainly track one down to at least try one!

I currently throw all Innova, but I will be seriously tempted to buy a G-LINE PD ;) When will these be available?

Soon! I can't say exactly, but it is in the works!

There is so much talk about the differenct runs of the PDs could you give me a brief run down of the different runs of the PD2 like which runs were most stable and which ones could actually be thrown for distance shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts