• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see an overstable disc that fits between my md3 and pd. basically replace my whippet. I'm surprised there are no real whippet competitors out there. 1.6 rim thickness, 1.2 rim depth. like a mini pd :D

Have you tried our newest Fairway Driver the FD2? If that the type of flight you're looking for, I would most certainly give the FD2 a throw.

Isn't FD2 just that?

That's what we would recommend.

I picked up a C-P3 from our local PIAS on Sunday and it was almost as flat as the one that you flattened. It's flight is really close to that of a Classic Roc. It really does pair well with my Glow C-P3. It's flight numbers are more like 3|2|0|0. It is super straight.

Now, to my question. Does Discmania have any plans to produce a mold or two in the "3" fashion (i.e. Roc->Roc3, Shark->Shark3)?

Our MD3 has the the "3 top"

Like the MD3 you mean?

Yup.

I would love to see discmania produce:

Slim/shallow, FLAT, overstable, firm/tacky putter. (Rhyno/Zone/Piggy)

Slim/shallow, lots of HSS/with little LSS midrange (worn rocs, onterio cobras, R3)

Flat, pure beef, overtly overstable utility disc (Gator,Whippet,Drone)

granted I absolutely love my stash of firm pro rhynos, flat top gators, and onterio cobras, these are the slots yet to be contested by DM.

ps. I think that flat md2s may be comparable to KCobras but I've never had luck finding one in person, anybody find them similar?

We will keep these types of discs in mind for future productions.

One disc I would recommend if you like King Cobras would be our new 2014 Jolly Launcher MD2s. They start out more overstable and retain their high speed stability.

How can we make G-line DD's a thing or move up the release list? :) The glide on that disc would be unreal!

We will keep it in mind for future productions.

Disagree. G-line PD2s, dammit.

We do have a fair amount of requests for this. We will keep this in mind certainly.

did they ever announce who the new sponsored team member was?

If it was announced it would be on the Discmania website under the Team tab.

I've thought the same thing, but those Innova discs are pretty secure in my bag. Discmania has absolutely taken over my driver selection on the course. FD, FD2 and 4 PDs. The only Innova drivers I have now are Roadrunner, Firebird and Pro Leopard (which may eventually be replaced with S-FD if it wears in right).

I see. Have you tried the G-LINE FD for that understable Leopard like shot?

True.

Ryan knows better than me, but the flat MD2's I have are like drifty Roc3's. The King Cobras I've thrown had much more fade to them.

I'm by no means an expert on the midranges though, I'm just learning them myself.

The flat MD2 does loose it's high speed stability a little bit where the other two mentioned midranges do not. I would again recommend our new 2014 Jolly Launcher MD2. It sounds exactly what you guys are looking for.

ever going to make the shipping prices cheaper out of the store? thats the only thing holding me back from ordering a handful of discs from the discmania store.

We are sorry you think our shipping prices are too high, we take this very seriously and try to work often with the USPS and UPS to get lower shipping prices.

potential for an MD4 perhaps? The one slot IMO missing in the mid lineup :thmbup:

We are unsure what you're asking here. Can you please rephrase? :)

not for me. the fd2 overlaps with my pd. want something just a tad slower, a legit speed 6, right in the middle of md3 and fd2.

The FD2 overlaps with the PD for you? I think I understand what you're looking for with slower discs. What types of shots are looking to accomplish with this? Did I miss a post?

Thanks for the comments guys, I am trying to get on here more and more.

im looking for the 250-350 ft, speed 6 :), distance that has no turn and has more than dependable fade. a utility for most but in p line and maybe g line could beat to almost straight.

We are unsure what you're asking here. Can you please rephrase? :)

Yes! I was referencing fasteddies comment about wanting a "Flat, pure beef, overtly overstable utility disc" or basically just a meat hook for a midrange and thought that could be a nice spot for a potential MD4. :)

I know glow md3s are overstable but it would be cool to see a new mid or a stiff/flat runs of the md3s!

im looking for the 250-350 ft, speed 6 :), distance that has no turn and has more than dependable fade. a utility for most but in p line and maybe g line could beat to almost straight.

Honestly you're just describing the FD2. I think practice is your answer here, not a new mold. The PD is much faster and has more turn, which is what leads me to the practice conclusion.

But that's just my .02, take it or leave it.

so... are they ever going to remold the MD1 and make it a less stable compliment..

...or what...

What attributes do the most Over-stable C-line PD2's have? Stiff? Flat? Domey?

I would most definitely buy a discmania sweat shirt if its from a good company (nike, underarmour...etc)

Have s-line pd2s been made in green? If not i want a lime green one with a black stamp..

Yes! I was referencing fasteddies comment about wanting a "Flat, pure beef, overtly overstable utility disc" or basically just a meat hook for a midrange and thought that could be a nice spot for a potential MD4. :)

I know glow md3s are overstable but it would be cool to see a new mid or a stiff/flat runs of the md3s!

We will keep that in mind. Thanks for the input.

I think the domey FD2 (most overstable version) is what you're looking for. But we can keep this in mind for the future.

so... are they ever going to remold the MD1 and make it a less stable compliment..

...or what...

It's coming. As soon as it's ready it will be released. We like to make sure that it's perfect before we release.

Can we request the S-PD Freak stamp to be on the C-PD?

You can request anything you want :)

no.

4char

Would you like to see something else released in limited quantities?

do this, limited run involving PD, FD, PD2, and the mid ranges S-line stamp on C-line.

don't listen to koda.

We will keep that in mind for the future.

Id love to see
-Flat C-P2
-D-MD3
-S-FD2
-Clothes

We are working on special releases and test runs that we will get out through the store for next year. All of these are possibilities for the future. Keep an eye on our social media, especially the Discmania Store pages.

What attributes do the most Over-stable C-line PD2's have? Stiff? Flat? Domey?

The Jolly Launcher run with the bubbles in the rim and a high dome is what you're looking for. The flatter versions of that disc seemed to be less overstable. The current run which is a slicker feeling plastic is almost identical or a tiny bit less overstable than the first run C-LINE PD2s. The Simon Lizotte signature PD2s on the store are this current run.

higher parting line. :|

The dome also seems to play a role in the stability of the PD2.

I would most definitely buy a discmania sweat shirt if its from a good company (nike, underarmour...etc)

We will keep this in mind. We are working very hard on delivering the highest quality products to all disc golfers everywhere.

I've seen a lot of black KC Aviars and Rocs being released from Disc Golf Values, any chance that some black P-line P2's will be distributed soon?

There's always a chance :)

microbubble rimmed pop top C-PD2s seem to be incredibly OS. FRs too but still they are far behind these.

I agree, you guys might really like the newest run of C-LINE PD2. Simon loves it.

Have s-line pd2s been made in green? If not i want a lime green one with a black stamp..

They are made in a lime green right now. They almost seem to glow, very cool color.

Thanks for all the questions guys!

what other suggestions and comments do you guys have?

-Ryan Rintala

I'm freaking out a little bit at the prospect of flat MD3s molded in that sweet, grippy D-line plastic. I'm gonna get soooooo many birdies!

Status
Not open for further replies.