• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
P and D line MD2s are readily available from a number of sources. eBay has both. They feel very similar in hand and will probably serve the same purpose for anyone looking to break one in to a slight turnover mid. IMHO the MD2 can do everything as good or better than the MD3 anyway. *fire started*

Any word if there will be a S-line p1x come out eventually? i'm an S-line junkie lol.

I'll give you $25 right now for a pink S P1x

2 Years later and here we are! Ordered already, THX guys!
DMLE-SWSL-P1x-TEMP.png

P and D line MD2s are readily available from a number of sources. eBay has both. They feel very similar in hand and will probably serve the same purpose for anyone looking to break one in to a slight turnover mid. IMHO the MD2 can do everything as good or better than the MD3 anyway. *fire started*

I agree with this.. i was having trouble finding P MD3s recently so i decided to try the P MD2 and i really liked it. Its a tad less stable out of the box.. still a really nice reliable flight. But I did just get a pair of the brand new 180 P MD3s in the mail i just haven't tried them yet. They feel amazing though. very flat and stiff pro plastic.

Anyone else have any input on the recent run P Line MD3s that just came out?

Very similar to the earlier run in feel and flatness. Have only thrown the new one a hand full of times. But out of the box it was decently stable.

Swirl P2s are killer. Just got a chance to throw it around a bit today, flies awesome and looks good doing it [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discmania Support Reply

How soon should we be on the look out for mystery boxes?

Mystery Boxes will return in December. Almost time!

LOLOLOL We gotta wait and purchase a mystery box to get a PMD3. what a damn joke.

There won't be any P-MD3's in the Mystery Boxes, just something special instead. As said before, there was meant to be a much higher quantity produced of the P-MD3 but there was some confusion in production and these things needed to be added again at a later date.

I'm not convinced that is what was meant by what was said. I suspect that the mystery disc might be a P-MD3 but it could also be S-CD2 or P-P3xs. Or I could be completely off base and it could be a DD3. Or who really knows.

You are correct, it will be something special indeed. In fact, there will be quite a few special things in each edition, with new ones to look forward to during each release.

Do you think lack of supply is just out of spite? Really? Dont you think it has more to do with production challenges more than anything? They said there was an issue with the numbers not being what they wanted. Its not like they are out there to razz you personally. The mystery box comment seemed to suggest something else was made.

Right you are. There was supposed to be a large amount made but some issues occurred and we need to wait a bit longer to get those back in the queue. Good news is we have some tricks up our sleeves to add some special stuff to the mix during Mystery Box season. Quite a few special things at that :)

Discmania Support Reply

What kind of P-line is it on the MD2s? Last time I had one (well that was years ago) it was thats sheeny glossy type that everyone would peg as S-line in a blind test.

The P-Line MD2's are more of a driver-pro type plastic. These definitely differ from the traditional KC type plastic that is typically used in things like the P2 and MD3. Very good disc to say the least.

I agree with this.. i was having trouble finding P MD3s recently so i decided to try the P MD2 and i really liked it. Its a tad less stable out of the box.. still a really nice reliable flight. But I did just get a pair of the brand new 180 P MD3s in the mail i just haven't tried them yet. They feel amazing though. very flat and stiff pro plastic.

Anyone else have any input on the recent run P Line MD3s that just came out?

Nice choice on the MD2! It is a great disc that seems to be overshadowed by the MD3 but definitely deserves to be thrown by everyone. A lot of us here like it a lot and actually throw both of the molds frequently.

1-4, as everything starting at 5th run are clear Jolly Launcher. Other than that, tough to say. 1st run would be flat and with pat #, second are markedly plusrimmed, third are more pearly than what that picture looks like. I say, if domey and none of the above apply, its a fourth run.

I've got yellow 6th runs that look pretty much excactly like that. If it's relatively flat and the plastic is soft then it might also be 6th.

Thanks for the responses. I just realized I should have posted that in the other thread. I bought this disc off some guy in the Discmania Facebook page thinking it looked exactly like my 3rd run pd minus the team stamp. I didn't have it with me to compare though. When were these Innova team stamps done on pd's? I'm just hoping it isn't a 2nd run because I hate plus rims. The guy said the plastic is stiff as hell. I realized after I looked at my 3rd run pd that it was more pearly and opaque.

I have wondered for a while if the red champ-star blend runs of discs are or were intentional? I have found quite a few s-line PDs, CDs, TDs, P2s etc in this plastic. I'm not sure if it is just mental but this plastic feels the best in regards to grip, density and durability. I hope Discmania continues to use this plastic if it's still available. Seems rare in the newest production runs of Innova Star plastic. I say rare but honestly haven't seen it all.

Also, D-Line P3's please.

I've got yellow 6th runs that look pretty much excactly like that. If it's relatively flat and the plastic is soft then it might also be 6th.

I just got that team stamped pd in the mail today. It's flatter than my 3rd run and just as stiff. It is slightly pearly, especially in the rim. The plastic almost resembles that of my 2nd run fd without the bubbles in the rim. I can't wait to see how it flies! I have another one just like it on the way. It's not the 3rd run I was hoping it would be but I have a feeling I'm going to really like them.

I just got that team stamped pd in the mail today. It's flatter than my 3rd run and just as stiff. It is slightly pearly, especially in the rim. The plastic almost resembles that of my 2nd run fd without the bubbles in the rim. I can't wait to see how it flies! I have another one just like it on the way. It's not the 3rd run I was hoping it would be but I have a feeling I'm going to really like them.

I'd like to talk "Swirly S-Line" and if these are a bit of a test/experiment. Got my shipment of Swirly P2 and P1x and they range from a little champy to straight opaque champy. I think I got some regular S Lines that are actually more swirly... it seems most are just mushy (and is becoming a trend) and I think in the Swirly world - less is more. A bright color with some other bits built in. The Doom Birds were better IMHO with mostly more true "SLine" although those got champy too.
This seems a new type of process and wondering if that's why the plastic is different. Doesn't seem to just be bits of other color plastic melted in, these swirls are more broad and subtle, like a dye is added or something. I know secrets can't fully be revealed, but boy I'd like to go to the shop and show them what a little sprinkle of color into bright SLine plastic will do :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts