• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a Discmania disc that could (easily) hyzer flip for a non Crush Boy? Exploring discs that I could use for tight gaps, woods, etc, etc. Thx.

Is there a Discmania disc that could (easily) hyzer flip for a non Crush Boy? Exploring discs that I could use for tight gaps, woods, etc, etc. Thx.

Y'all are crazy recommending speed 10-13 for flip up woods discs for non-crush boy

You're looking at a 165 S-Line FD, or CD2 in your plastic choice for a little more OS

Or a D-Line FD if you need flip to turn, or roller off the tee

Y'all are crazy recommending speed 10-13 for flip up woods discs for non-crush boy

You're looking at a 165 S-Line FD, or CD2 in your plastic choice for a little more OS

Or a D-Line FD if you need flip to turn, or roller off the tee

he said for a non crush boy with limited context. Im sorry im not 65 years old

What do you normally throw for distance and how far can you throw that?

Thx for all the comments btw. But in regards to the above, I don't have good arm speed but I have decent snap for an old dude. lol.. The end result is my distance separation from putters to drivers is not that great, typically only around 50ft, but I can throw putters 275-300, mids 300, fairways 325, drivers 330-350. My main 4 discs would be Wizard, Mako3, Leopard, Tern.

While I hyzer flip some of my discs now, I want to explore discs that can flip up much sooner, allowing me to create lines from various release angles mainly for tighter lines, woods, etc. Thx.

P Line md3's flip easily after they are beat in. Same with d line fd's. I have an older s line fd and glow cd2 that I can hyzer flip to straight or get them to flip up and over to the right.

The end result is my distance separation from putters to drivers is not that great, typically only around 50ft, but I can throw putters 275-300, mids 300, fairways 325, drivers 330-350. My main 4 discs would be Wizard, Mako3, Leopard, Tern

I used to have that problem with distance separation at the same distances that you're mentioning. I was getting my drivers a little nose up which caused the problem. It was a grip problem. My old grip worked great with mids and putters. Look into some of the threads on here for throwing nose down.
I have a 165g s-line fd that i really learned to hyzer flip and keep the nose down and can push out to 400 now. You could probably do that with your leopard.

^^^ Thx, I may have to re-address the nose issue. I do get a fluke throw pushing 4 bills once in a while, but it's hard to re-produce on demand, so that very well could be a nose down issue. hmm.....

Discmania Support Reply

Thx for all the comments btw. But in regards to the above, I don't have good arm speed but I have decent snap for an old dude. lol.. The end result is my distance separation from putters to drivers is not that great, typically only around 50ft, but I can throw putters 275-300, mids 300, fairways 325, drivers 330-350. My main 4 discs would be Wizard, Mako3, Leopard, Tern.

While I hyzer flip some of my discs now, I want to explore discs that can flip up much sooner, allowing me to create lines from various release angles mainly for tighter lines, woods, etc. Thx.

There are some pretty good suggestions by others.

Any kind of FD, really. D-Line will be the most useful for this stuff right out of the box
CD2 is fantastic. S-Line is maybe the best for this sooner as opposed to C-Line that's on the newer side

EDIT: this is to follow on to DiscFifty's inquiry and the responses thereto

Not quite 50 but close enough

at altitude

D line FD hyzer flips with some nice turn (and a little fade if high enough). I've been really impressed with the D line (and I carry G and Night Strikes 1 and 2)

G line FD for slightly more stable than the D with similar lines, lots of glide. Also impressed with the G line fills the gap nicely between the D and Night Strikes)

G line CD2. I assume they are all flat (the 3 that I have are flat). Hyzer flip with some turn and a bit of fade. Longer, slightly more (low speed) stable version of an FD in my mind. After G line I'd suggest a flat and possibly lighter S line.

Anyone throw the color glow DD3s yet?

There are color glow DD3's?

I guess I wasn't paying much attention. I thought the mystery box DD3's were just regular C-line.

The color glow C-line is one of my favorite plastics.

Anyone throw the color glow DD3s yet?

The weather has only given me a few chances to throw it, but so far they are very straight for me. With a little anhy I could get it to turn almost the entire flight and when thrown flat it just wants to keep going straight. They seem to be the most workable and have a little more glide compared to the CBs and stock stamp S-line DD3s I've thrown so far.

Thanks Discmania dude for the nice OS swirly S-FDs. I was even able to grab a couple 168g. I won't even complain about the swirly colors since I like them so much. 👍

The recent pearly Champion/C-line plastic is sweet. Please run some C-FDs and PDs, with a few in the upper 160's.

Status
Not open for further replies.