• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Discmania Support Reply

Sorry if you've already answered this, but can you talk to why you don't run more of your discs in P-line? It's such a great plastic to pair with an S- or C-line of the same mold. I'd personally love to see a P-PDx, and I know a lot of other people would go crazy over a run of P-line in their favorite mold(s).

Driver Pro or Driver P-Line plastic has been discontinued by us for a few years now. Unfortunately there aren't any plans to make more but the Active Line and Evolution line surely will have comparable options to that type of thing in the future.

More P1's please :) No matter how many times I try other putters I always come back to them.

P1 may not return at least for 2021. However, we've got some good plans in the works that should do the trick. The Sensei is also another great option for this sort of thing.

Was the Origin mold modified from the prototype to the stock release?

Definitely. The Prototype was a bit too overstable so we tweaked it to fly a little more understable and the stock version you'll see now is how it will stay. We're very happy with the outcome.

Is there a reason why the recent runs of S-Line FD are so overstable? Really hoping you do another run that is more understable, like they were years back. Seems like a different disc now.

So many cool mold/plastic combos they could have gone with. We get another run of swirly Pd2.

Is there a reason why the recent runs of S-Line FD are so overstable? Really hoping you do another run that is more understable, like they were years back. Seems like a different disc now.

Go lighter if you can find it. The 168g that I got is an amazing disc, the 175g that I bought is as stable as the swirly run.

Just saw Simon's new swirly PD2 Sky Rider is about to drop.

Fortunately for me I don't have the arm for it so I won't have to be disappointed when I can't get one.

Just saw Simon's new swirly PD2 Sky Rider is about to drop.

Fortunately for me I don't have the arm for it so I won't have to be disappointed when I can't get one.

They did a good job with the Night Strike 3 release. If you didn't get one, that's on you.

They did a good job with the Night Strike 3 release. If you didn't get one, that's on you.

I did manage to snag a NS3. Took a few attempts to keep one in the cart long enough to check out but I got it done.

And I do agree that snatching one of those was way easier than previous releases due to the one-per-customer limit.

I'm just kind of guessing that even with a limit any signature disc from Simon is going to fly off the shelf fast.

gone in under 5 minutes

29cae9705b99cf65ddd1820ed333f304.jpg

The new batch of PD3's. Are they a different run? Are they more OS than the previously sold PD3's?

I think c line md3's get overlooked because everyone wants to throw the flashy Eagle signature runs. It's been a while since I've thrown one, but I doubt there is a huge difference that the average thrower would be able to notice between the c lines and signature runs. P line md3's are also great discs and beat in to be a great compliment to a more overstable md3.

I am going to politely disagree with the post above.

My go-to mid for a while was one of the Iron Samurai MD3s. I would say it flew fairly true to the 5/5/0/2 numbers and was very similar to my glow MD4s.

I let a buddy throw it and he was impressed and bought himself a stock C-line MD3. It was a whole different animal and would turn a bit and usually finish straight or even drift right. I found it to be a very neutral disc more like a 5/5/-1/1.

I've been meaning to pick up an Infinite Discs Chariot as a buddy of mine swears up and down it's pretty much a rebranded MD3 and is easy to get and comes in the color glow plastic which I really like.

I am going to politely disagree with the post above.

My go-to mid for a while was one of the Iron Samurai MD3s. I would say it flew fairly true to the 5/5/0/2 numbers and was very similar to my glow MD4s.

I let a buddy throw it and he was impressed and bought himself a stock C-line MD3. It was a whole different animal and would turn a bit and usually finish straight or even drift right. I found it to be a very neutral disc more like a 5/5/-1/1.

I've been meaning to pick up an Infinite Discs Chariot as a buddy of mine swears up and down it's pretty much a rebranded MD3 and is easy to get and comes in the color glow plastic which I really like.

The stock C-line MD3s have had some runs that are flat and some that are domey. Domey have been more stable in my experience.

The Chariot is very similar, but is slightly less stable and pretty much true to the numbers at 5/5/0/1. I think it flies closer to a Mako3 if you ask me, but I've been messing with my form lately so it could be me. I just trust my S-line MD3 more for stable shots, then go to the MD for super straight lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.