• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Official Discraft ZONE Thread

Does anyone else have problems warping pro d and jawbreaker zones? I'd like to use the break in and throw straighter forehands with, but every time I whack one hard off a tree it warps.

Does anyone else have problems warping pro d and jawbreaker zones? I'd like to use the break in and throw straighter forehands with, but every time I whack one hard off a tree it warps.

No but I have problems with Jawbreaker getting too sticky in hot weather though it keeps about the same in flex. Pro D yeah the newer version after 2005-2006 years is warping after hitting a tree odd since I have yet to have newer DX do that same thing. I was putting a hyzer putt around a tree with my newer from 2006 Pro D Magnet and the disc hit the tree in July 2017 and warped on a not very hard putt. The Jawbreaker had since August 2017 has yet to warp on me hitting a tree when putting, I have hit a tree once and the disc did not warp maybe a micro warp that is not big enough to really notice in hand.

Does anyone else have problems warping pro d and jawbreaker zones?

Yes, for this reason I don't throw pro d, x soft or jawbreaker in any mold. I see those plastics as useful for putting only. I don't want to have anything in my bag that can easily change flight characteristics mid round.

Yes, for this reason I don't throw pro d, x soft or jawbreaker in any mold. I see those plastics as useful for putting only. I don't want to have anything in my bag that can easily change flight characteristics mid round.

I know I do too, but it takes so long to beat in an esp zone. What I would do for a kc pro zone.

Try to work the warp out of the disc (a disc can handle a tree hit so you can't do anything to hurt it unless you're really trying) or just keep throwing it. My first Zone (Pro-D) looked terrible after the first month, and it just kept flying better the worse it got.

Try to work the warp out of the disc (a disc can handle a tree hit so you can't do anything to hurt it unless you're really trying) or just keep throwing it. My first Zone (Pro-D) looked terrible after the first month, and it just kept flying better the worse it got.

Ive got a pretty big forehand and I've just absolutely taco'd two of them by hitting a tree hard.

Ive got a pretty big forehand and I've just absolutely taco'd two of them by hitting a tree hard.

Umm, congrats? If the disc can be forced into that shape, it can be worked back out, cannon or noodle. It's the nature of the plastic. No biggie though. Sounds like premium blends should be flying like baseline for you though so stop wasting your time on baseline.

You can send those "ruined" Zones my way if you want.

You can fix that. The bought in 2006 Pro D Magnet I did warping to in July 2017 was odd warps is so many directions that if you fix one the other goes back to what it was. I did, a less defined infinity symbol in shape with the top all lumpy somehow. Disc is gone.

Throw a breaker

I ordered a breaker online a few years ago because I don't have any decent shops around me. It has a strange pop top dome in the middle of the flight plate that I don't like. I assumed that they were designed that way until I heard about some of the new McBeth zones having a similar flight plate. Did I get an odd one? Are the breakers and ringers supposed to be flat topped, similar to a zone?

I ordered a breaker online a few years ago because I don't have any decent shops around me. It has a strange pop top dome in the middle of the flight plate that I don't like. I assumed that they were designed that way until I heard about some of the new McBeth zones having a similar flight plate. Did I get an odd one? Are the breakers and ringers supposed to be flat topped, similar to a zone?

Yeah they are supposed to be flat. Th le ringers do have a slight dome to it tho. I have a proline and a SP and they are both board flat

Yeah they are supposed to be flat. Th le ringers do have a slight dome to it tho. I have a proline and a SP and they are both board flat

Weird, both of my SP breakers have a noticeable dip then a teensy dome in the middle. I think DGA describes it as a "subtle thumb track". My fingers are never that far in the disc for any of my grips so I don't care. My Proline and Pro - D had a much much less prominent middle dome and were less OS.

Weird, both of my SP breakers have a noticeable dip then a teensy dome in the middle. I think DGA describes it as a "subtle thumb track". My fingers are never that far in the disc for any of my grips so I don't care. My Proline and Pro - D had a much much less prominent middle dome and were less OS.

I have i few Pro-D Zone with that dome in the middle

But Discraft only makes the RINGER in X-Soft? The GT is made in Z-Flx and JB ( and X-Soft )

So feels like Discraft is pushing the GT-Ringer. . so if you want a premium plastic RINGER. . buy a BREAKER

Speaking of Zones, I just put a new run Ti in the bag. Flies exactly like a Zone, puddle top, and the new Ti definitely has better grip than the older stuff. I dig it.

Latest posts