• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ohio Disc Golfer Died Playing?

agapedad

Eagle Member
Ok-I don't want to continue unsubstantiated rumors, so I refuse to use a name.
Did anyone hear of a guy dying after stung by a bee today?

I hope it isn't true. I only played with the guy 1 time- seemed like a good guy. If you pray...pray for the family.

It happened at Portage Lakes near Akron Ohio.

I know the golfer and have thrown rounds with him. He is in one of my videos...

There was a beehive on the rough to the left on hole #18. He got stung by a bee and from what I was told 15 minutes later was on the ground.

It's an extremely tragic thing, and kind of bizarre. I can't imagine how my friend who was playing with hik is feeling, or his family. I wish all of them the best.

There will be a tournament to benefit his family. No concrete plans but everyone who knew him that I've talked to feels its the thing to do. If it happens I will post the details.

It happened at Portage Lakes near Akron Ohio.

I know the golfer and have thrown rounds with him. He is in one of my videos...

There was a beehive on the rough to the left on hole #18. He got stung by a bee and from what I was told 15 minutes later was on the ground.

It's an extremely tragic thing, and kind of bizarre. I can't imagine how my friend who was playing with hik is feeling, or his family. I wish all of them the best.

There will be a tournament to benefit his family. No concrete plans but everyone who knew him that I've talked to feels its the thing to do. If it happens I will post the details.

Please post all info about the Benefit tourney and I will help spread the info to help with participation. Also let us know where donations can be made. We will do what we can to help this sad situation.

My thoughts are with his family.

Thanks bassman. I'm going to do what I can too. I didn't know him very well, but he was a talented player and was friendly to others.

Thanks Mike C. I hoped someone in the area would verify.
Was it just today? Was his son with him?

I don't believe he was. I'm pretty tired and out of it so I'm not 100% certain but I think it was yesterday.

Sorry to hear the sad news and condolences to his family.

I'll keep his family in my prayers. Small world though, sucks that it had to happen to someone that the Ohio disc golfers on the forum are familiar with.

Sorry to hear about the loss, to all that knew, and loved him. God bless his family and friends.

my prayers are offered up to his family and friends. I am allergic to bee stings and this could very well have been me.

I guess the only consolation is that he passed playing a game that he loved. When there are details of a benefit please let us know ill donate whatever i can.

almost wishing i did not click on this post. :(

I guess the only consolation is that he passed playing a game that he loved. When there are details of a benefit please let us know ill donate whatever i can.
Sorry, but as someone who also has beesting allergies, that would be absolutely NO consolation to me whatsoever. While I do enjoy playing this game there is no way I'd give my life for it. I might not mind passing on the ice, but I'd much rather die in my sleep. The feeling you get when you're stung (when you have allergies at least) is one of the scariest on earth, and you have WAY too much time to know what's happening for that to be a good way to go.

Regardless, I'll be keeping my eye out for bene information as well, and will be using this as a reminder to do a better job about keeping my EpiPen in my bag also.

Latest posts