• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Okthrowberfest VOTING Thread

Okthrowberfest Winner

• All Hallow’s Eve

Votes: 19 10.6%
  • Carrie

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Clown

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • DGCR Headless Horseman

Votes: 13 7.3%
  • Flying Spider

• Graveyard

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Headless Horseman 2

• St. Okthrowerberfest Girl

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • Predator

• Pumkin Chains

• Pumkinhead

Votes: 30 16.8%
  • Reaper

• Rip the Ripper

Votes: 61 34.1%
  • Scary Night

• Skull on a Glow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Star Max

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Teenage Outcast

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • The Three Spookies

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Unicorn

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Vampire Smilie

• Vampire Teeth

• Zombie Pinup

Votes: 5 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skinner21

* Ace Member *
IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! :hfive:

I want to post a few things before I put up the pictures and the poll.

First of all, thank you to everyone who participated to make this year a huge success. We have over triple the submissions of last year, and they are all top notch. Well done and THANK YOU!

A huge thank you needs to go out to our unknown donor who has provided us with the discgolfcenter.com gift certificate prizes. I wish I could reveal who you are, but you asked nice, so I won't, but I will make sure you know that it was greatly appreciated.

Rules:
The only rule for this contest was that the dye should be an original interpretation of "Okthrowberfest" which may involve the Fall season, Oktoberfest, and/or Halloween, but dyers were not limited to these ideas. For a lot of us, this is the best time of year for disc golf and we wanted to celebrate it!

Dyers could submit up to 2 dyes if they choose, and some did, that is why you see more dyes than Dyers.

How the Winner will be determined:
This poll will be used to determine the top 10. From there, a select panel of DCGR Royalty and Dyers that chose not to take part will decide the First, Second, and Third Place winners.

The judges will be basing a winner on the following criteria on a scale of 1-10 scale (1 being wareagle and 10 being timg):
-originality (20%)
-level of difficulty (20%)
-overall appearance (60%)

Please keep this scale in mind when placing your vote!

The first round is going to be blind to keep people from voting for someone that they know on the site. Remember, this is about the dyes!

Prizes

1st Place:
$50 gift certificate to discgolfcenter.com
ESP Avenger 167 Orange with this dye (special thanks to agent peebody for helping with the design)
okthrowberfestdesign-1.jpg

2nd Place:
$30 gift certificate to discgolfcenter.com

3rd Place:
$20 gift certificate to discgolfcenter.com

The list of dyers (in alphabetical order) is:
Agent Peebody
BennettUA
Bhuff
Cheep (2)
Elderberen
Jabanger
Jermy
Matrathvy
Moon (2)
MrFixit (2)
Pduclo (2)
Philman (2)
RickyBobby
Skinner21
Smd030
Yawpstrang64 (2)

Now, the moment you all have been waiting for… THE DYES!

All Hallow's Eve
Carrie
Clown
DGCR Headless Horseman
Flying Spiders
Graveyard
Headless Horseman 2
St. Okthrowerberfest Girl
Predator
Pumkin Chains
Pumkinhead
Reaper
Rip the Ripper
Scary Night
Skull on a Glow
Star Max
Teenage Outcast
The Three Spookies
Unicorn
Vampire Smilie
Vampire Teeth
Zombie Pinup

Please refain from posting until all the dyes are posted! There are 22, plus I have to do a poll, so it may take a minute!

ahhhh yeeeahhh. i was checking on what timg was doing, it said "Admin Control panel" or something, then PM'ing...:doh: i got excited and posted. so sue me.

Wow a LOT of great stuff on here, how is anyone going to vote for only 1?

I almost made the multiple vote option, but then you could pick unlimited dyes, and I didn't like that. If you could only pick 2 or 3 I would have done it. I still went back and forth on it for a while. It was one thing I had not thought of before I posted the poll, so I couldn't get people's opinion on it.

Organizing this was harder/more stressful than I thought it was going to be. I'm glad it's almost over.

OMG! Those are awesome. I'm going to have to take some time and think about this.

ummmmmmm... is it killing anyone else not being able to talk about our own dyes? Is that a good thing so that we can't start campaigning for votes?

Latest posts