• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Omaha to Fargo, I-29 corridor

roadtrip

Par Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I may finally get to road trip from Lincoln/Omaha, NE to Fargo, ND late June. The journey we all dream of.

Of course I've researched the courses along that route and their respective ratings. Just wondering if anyone is familiar with those courses, and if you have any recommendations/cautions/etc. for me.
I'm looking for tips on the courses, restaurants, and anything along that route that I should check out (and/or avoid). I'm a big fan of dropping in on local weekly tournaments; if you know of any active clubs that would be helpful too.

Thanks in advance -

Tuthill Park in Sioux Falls is pretty decent with a good mix of woods, elevation and water risk shots. Navigation, at least back in 2010, was a little less than desired. I'd highly suggest downloading a map.

Have also heard good things about nearby Big Sioux Recreation Area, probably less than 10 miles from SF, but have never played there.

Big Sioux is bad ass!... It was by far the best course I played on my road trip out there... plus, I designed the scorecards.

The course in Fargo was pretty decent, too. But the mosquitoes were awful and I couldn't enjoy my round.

Other stops: Wooden Leg Brewing in Brookings. Also the little burger place across the street (literally the world's smallest burgers -- 2" patties... but they were amazing). And, Fargo Brewing.

DSCJNKY

I'm from brookings not to,far from Sioux falls. Defiantly want to hit up big Sioux which is I90 but 15 minutes away from Sioux falls and also tuthill park.

I can't help you much with Omaha and Sioux City Courses.

Vermillion and Yankton (optional)
Gavins Point DGC
Fantle Memorial Park

Sioux Falls/Brandon
Tuthill Park
Big Sioux Rec. Area DGC
Inspiration Hills Camp

Fargo/Moorhead
Iwen Park North/South
Oak Grove Park/Riverfront
Woodlawn Park
Trollwood Park