• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] OMG!! That 4Runner just DROVE OVER MY BAG!

Fatbackbob

Birdie Member
Has anyone else ever witnessed this? I've been playing since 1996 and it's never happened to me.

I went to our league round last night in Memphis, TN at Shelby Farms and after the round I was announcing an upcoming C-Tier that I'll be TD'ing. Like an IDIOT, I set my bag on the edge of the concrete parking lot. The person who hit my bag is completely not at fault and it was my neglect that resulted in the incident. During the payout for league, I turned my head just in time to watch the 4Runner that pulled out of the grass drive directly over my Revo Carolina from water bottle to water bottle (tire ran completely over the bag from pocket to pocket).

The roll cage frame was shattered and the putters on the front had nicks from the tire, but the discs in the center don't seem horribly damaged. It was dark and I'm at work now so I haven't had a chance to throw anything. The DX Rocs are slightly taco-ed, but the Champ, Star, and Z stuff looks okay.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I pulled everything out and laid the multiple piece of my rollcage across my kitchen floor. I put random pieces together and after two rolls of DUCT TAPE, I constructed what functions like a frame. Not an inch of plastic is showing. It's completely covered in black and silver DUCT TAPE. I think it will work as an alternative to buying a new one for $40 shipped.

I throw collector plastic but had a fairly pedestrian mix in the bag last night. I still added up the value of the 18 discs to $600... OOUCHHHEEEE!!!

:wall::wall::wall::wall:

Pics or it didn't happen :p

Joking, that REALLY sucks though man, at least ALL your discs didn't get wrecked. How's the dome on them now?

Pulling out of a tournament last year I thought I ran over someones bag. Turns out I just ran my bumper into a small tree stump that was sticking up in the parking area. No damage done.

The domes on the discs look pretty standard but I'm worried that when I go to the course, the discs will all be more understable. Or even worse, just fly a bit wonky and unpredictably...

I've had that setup for months so I'd hate to start over...

The putters are 11x KC's and they were chewed on one side but I cleaned that up. I'm sure they're fine. But, the DX Rocs had a stress bend on one side. They might be done.

I'm most concered about my QJLS's, Teebirds, and long range drivers...

Pics of the home-made frame later tonight...

Did the driver have insurance or even stop?

It's a buddy of mine, and he looked like he felt worse about it than I did (not really possible but he looked apologetic)...

I knew I shouldn't have left them there, so I shook his hand and told him not to worry about it. I've always wondered how I would respond to tragedy if it struck in an instant. Well, as I watched it happen, I shut down joggers, disc golfers, dogs, and elderly folks enjoying the park. I threw my hands in the air and the following words exploded out of my mouth:

"OHH MYY GAAWWWDD!!"

And then I slowly approached the bag and picked through it delicately. OOUCHHEEE!!!

We were throwing at Zilker Park here in Austin and there is a hole that plays alongside the exit road. Lots of people throw in the road.

About 3 of us threw our discs on the road and someone leaving actually veered to run over each one of them and did a mini-burnout on my buddies disc with the rear tire so it went all the way thru the plastic, leaving a big hole and burn marks.

It was bullsh*t, but it was also kinda funny, since it only damaged one dx disc. Our Star drivers were still fine.

I applaud you for taking credit for your own "mistake".

Still sucks though...hope it turns out well (the discs I mean).

I have had discs run over at Zilker on purpose as well Pablo, Still not as funny as the guy that flew his remote control airplane into the pole and then had it run over by three cars. Ahh Zilker always good for a laugh.

That sucks - any damage to the bag from anything poking through?

About 3 of us threw our discs on the road and someone leaving actually veered to run over each one of them and did a mini-burnout on my buddies disc with the rear tire so it went all the way thru the plastic, leaving a big hole and burn marks.

I did have someone swerve to hit my brand new Starlite RR a little while back. Front tire hit it and it was so light that it got sucked up under the truck and flipped up on edge and the back tire destroyed it.

:clap::clap:

Sorry to hear about your loss, but I applaud you for handling it professionally. Especially since you are a TD!:thmbup:

I saw a drunk guy run over his own bag once. It was at a private course and we were changing some holes for the second round and he had parked his car in the fairway of one of the changed holes so he put his bag down behind his car, backed over it and hadn't even realized what he'd done until we told him.

Seen someone back over a bag at a tournament. The bag had sunscreen in it that explodd so it looked like it was bleeding this creamy goo. I thought it was funny.

Latest posts