• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] One Disc Round

Best Disc in my bag for one disc is the Tangent without a doubt just because I'm pretty solid putting with it, I've used it as a wind putter before... That's why I give it the nod over the Comet.

That's always the hardest part of the decision for me cripple yourself without a putter or frustrate yourself putting a driver. I can throw every shot with a Tangent and putt. My course is reasonably short though if I was playing Langley passive park, probably a Relay just to try and dodge those big ass winter puddles, wait no probably still the Tangent...

A one disc round can be fun, and it can be fast as you just get to your disc, pick it up, and throw it again. My only issue with it is that I don't like putting with my throwing discs and I don't like throwing my putting putter.

K3 Reko. Even with a full bag this summer, it took over so many shots from mids that I almost played half the course with just the Reko

One disc rounds are awesome when:

You chose a decent worker disc
You don't lose your only disc
You are trying to learn
You are working out your OAT

I've probably already answered this but, haha oh well

Shorter course: Neutron Atom (or any atom for that matter)

Medium course: Z Buzzz

Longer course: probably still a Z Buzzz or maybe a Matrix haha I just tried one yesterday (bought it) and its like a Buzzz but seems to have a longer finish and a lil more hook at the end so can handle some power

MJ ESP Glow Comet

Any variant of the comet would be ok - it's the best single golf disc ever made.