• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One hit wonders

DX Cobra. When nicely seasoned, will hold any line that you can shape. Also, cheap enough to bomb over/near water hazards (my main use for them);)

I used to throw this force that is stable as sh*t for high speed drives in extreme headwinds. i took it out after downgrading my bag to just 8 discs, so now all my discs play huge roles, which is when im most on my game:)

175 star Starfire that I use exclusively for thumbers. Easily my most accurate shot, its saved me from the woods or from a tough lie more times than I can count. Almost lost it in at least 3 states, but its still in the bag going strong!

I have not met a disc that I would carry for just one thing. Even Teebird, which ar good at straight, can also be good for sweeping hyzers, flex shots, even turnovers depending on where it is in beatness.
I guess I should have limited what I said to my beat Teebirds. I'll use new ones for hyzers sometimes. I almost never use the beat ones for anything but straight shots.

I guess I should have limited what I said to my beat Teebirds. I'll use new ones for hyzers sometimes. I almost never use the beat ones for anything but straight shots.

I figured thats what yu were referring to, but I still like those even for some hyzers that have a smoother finish or even throwing them with a bit of anny to where they finish with a softer landing than a lot of more understable discs would.

Here's a great one-hit wonder:

*reads thread*

Oh. :eek: :D

I used to keep a light-weight star sl in my bag just for uphill fh shots.

Now I keep a star coyote in my bag just for fh get-out-of-trouble shots. :thmbup:

Ace race Hornet. The fade this thing has is ridiculous. I love it for shots that need to fade 90 degrees.

Meteor just like the OP. My use if different than his however. I use it for driving in the woods on slow fade to the right shots (I throw RHBH). My secondary use is to drive the guy I play with nuts since he considers the Meteor useless.

My Meteor is Ok for that, but it fades hard as it slows down making a gentle "?" type shot. If I need it to keep turning all the way I use a Glide.

Anyone listing very overstable drivers might want to consider trying more types of shots with them. I find them to be incredibly versatile. If you pick a good one you can get anywhere from high putter to average fairway driver type distances with them. The flex shots you can get with them are also really handy and easy to perform consistently.

Very true. Since my overhand shot is virtually non existent I have very often thrown a Drone or Predator on an anhyzer line. It rolls over over into a hyzer pretty quick and spikes into the ground.

Also in my bag:

Blowfly: Baskets on serious hills (bought specifically for hole 18 at Devens)

Birdie: When your just off the fairway in the woods and the only line you have is a 100 foot throw back to the fairway. Reliable short distance that can hit a spot perfectly.

Anyone listing very overstable drivers might want to consider trying more types of shots with them. I find them to be incredibly versatile. If you pick a good one you can get anywhere from high putter to average fairway driver type distances with them. The flex shots you can get with them are also really handy and easy to perform consistently.

This is true, but I find that I can perform these shots with a less overstable driver. I have a heavy 11x KC Pro Gazelle that performs most of my overstable duties. The Trident is somewhat workable, but that's after a year of beating the thing in.

I have an HPP wizard that is the FLX like plastic, I only use it for hill putts (although I often use my normal stiffish SS wizard if I'm confident enough) and the occasional drive.

My Pulse is only used for sidearm shots.
My Avenger SS is only used for rollers.
And I've got 4 challengers in my bag total, but two of them are strictly for putting.

But I carry at least two of every mold I throw and each disc does something different, so technically, they're all one hit wonders I suppose...