• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One hole "course"

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=10635

This isn't even listed as a practice area. "Mostly flat. Lightly wooded. One hole "permanent" course. By the way, the one hole is 100'. At least it's at a Brewery.

If this becomes the standard, can everyone with a practice basket in his back yard list it as a course?

**off to post in the 'things that make me irrationally upset' thread, lol.

The more I think about it, I'm all for more courses at Brewerys! Even if they're just 1 hole, Boom - another course bagged - where's the beer?!? Sure would cut down on the time between the end of your round and the first beer! :hfive:

Maybe timg can add that as a course filter:
Cart Friendly ?
On Ball Golf Course?
At a Brewery ?

Then, he could add another Achievement medal: # of Courses played at Brewerys.

There's even a new bottle shop around here with a backyard, good place for a 1 hole course! :thmbup:

The more I think about it, I'm all for more courses at Brewerys! Even if they're just 1 hole, Boom - another course bagged - where's the beer?!? Sure would cut down on the time between the end of your round and the first beer! :hfive:

Maybe timg can add that as a course filter:
Cart Friendly ?
On Ball Golf Course?
At a Brewery ?

Then, he could add another Achievement medal: # of Courses played at Brewerys.

There's even a new bottle shop around here with a backyard, good place for a 1 hole course! :thmbup:

Beer to DG hole ratio: 2 to 1 (or more) :thmbup: Drink and "drive"!!

Beer to DG hole ratio: 2 to 1 (or more) :thmbup: Drink and "drive"!!

I second the drinking and "driving". I don't give a putt who doesn't agree!!!

But I do like the idea of a brewery having a 100ft hole to practice putting and approaches on. Although if I went there thinking it was a full course and was already bagging my own brews (my disc golf bag was originally a cooler and I frequently bag both - hmmm, should I bag the Wraith or the Centennial IPA?) I would be pissed!

But I do like the idea of a brewery having a 100ft hole to practice putting and approaches on. Although if I went there thinking it was a full course and was already bagging my own brews (my disc golf bag was originally a cooler and I frequently bag both - hmmm, should I bag the Wraith or the Centennial IPA?) I would be pissed!

I too use a soft cooler that my bank gave me for opening my account. I put about 15 discs where the ice is supposed to go and i can fit 2 or 3 beers and some ice in 1 of the side pouches that have zippers. When it started showing it's age, I convinced the bank manager that I needed another complementary cooler. It even had a handle that I used as a shoulder strap. I still have it.:eek:

Those 9 basketed courses with multiple tee pads that identify as 18 hole courses are pretty bs, as well.
Gtwsoh, Tampa.

iyo is there any in mn that do this
Red Oak and Brockway are two that are popular, numbered 1-20 and 1-18, respectively. I think Tim Mackey may have done this on one or two of his outstate courses but not sure which ones. I've heard of several other designers doing this outside Minnesota but don't know names of courses.

Red Oak and Brockway are two that are popular, numbered 1-20 and 1-18, respectively. I think Tim Mackey may have done this on one or two of his outstate courses but not sure which ones. I've heard of several other designers doing this outside Minnesota but don't know names of courses.

interesting

thank you

Red Oak

I've heard of several other designers doing this outside Minnesota but don't know names of courses.

Red Oak is a good example. I like that it wasn't 10 shorts then 10 longs. A good mix throughout

Green Bay has a couple. I guess the Teepads add different "Fairways", in regards to shot shaping, to create 18 different drives. But not sure wether they should or shouldn't qualify as 18ers with only the 9 baskets

If only there was a website, or App, that you could use to check on a course before you go ...
:)

Those 9 basketed courses with multiple tee pads that identify as 18 hole courses are pretty bs, as well.
Gtwsoh, Tampa.

It's still on my Wish List, but it sounds like Clear Creek Park in my hometown of Richmond, IN does this pretty well. Some parks can only handle a nine basket layout, but separate, distinct tees for 18 holes definitely adds variety.
With limited space, and if its done well, I have no problem calling these an 18 hole course.

Standards flew out the flipping window at DGCR when little p-say @ss b!tch putting places with holes measuring under 100 feet were allowed to be called courses instead of the little poosy @ss b!tch practice areas that they really are.

Since DGCR won't define much less enforce any minimum definition of a "course" or "practice area", this "one hole course" is indeed the penultimate insulting result of DGCR's pathetic lack of standards.

And now out of the woodwork, watch the fanboys of poo-say @ss b!tch less than 75 feet long holes in putting areas come gush about how cool these little b!tch putting areas are actual courses!

It's like putting Bubba's Putt-Putt in the same category as Augusta National!!!

GET SOME F#%KING STANDARDS DISC GOLF COURSE REVIEW!!! NOW!!!!
You kiss your beer glass with that mouth?? Gross. :gross:

http://dgcour.se/9818

Saw this one on another thread last summer, a one hole practice course in Roberts MT. No brewery but it does have a map showing no less than 10 tee locations ranging from 15'-101'. And there are mandos. Wishlisted 8 times, so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts