• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One Week Trip To Colorado!

Billy K2

Par Member
Hey guys, I'm taking a trip out to Evergreen, Colorado in spring, and I was wondering which courses I should play. I know for sure I'll be playing Bucksnort and Beaver Ranch. But, are there any hidden gems that you recommend? I would have time to play up to three more courses in addition to Bucksnort and Beaver. Thanks!

If you have time to come down from the mountains, Jellystone in Larkspur is a great play to pay course that's a lot of fun. Another hidden gem (in my opinion) is Optomist Park in Fort Morgan. It's not a must play course, but if you have the time to drive out aways its worth hitting up for sure.

Of course I always recommend Green Valley Ranch if you are flying in, since it is only 15 minutes from the airport. Its a pretty basic park course, but a good spot to hit right off the plane.

Jellystone is closed until Jan 2015, supposedly. I wouldn't drive 15 minutes to play GVR unless I was drunk.*

*Just kidding. I don't even have a license.

Not so much hidden gems but you need to play; Bucksnort, Beaver Ranch, Phantom Falls, and Bailey. All but Bailey are pay to play and Bailey has a donation box. All the courses are well worth the cost in my opinion. And they are all within a 20 minute drive of each other.

If you are looking to camp, there is some great camping in the national forest near Bailey.

Jellystone is closed until Jan 2015, supposedly. I wouldn't drive 15 minutes to play GVR unless I was drunk.*

*Just kidding. I don't even have a license.

Well considering we are having Winter Warriors at Jelly in November I can tell you that's not true. It is closed right now because they have the pumpkin patch

And Green Valley Ranch is a decent park course. The only reason I suggest it is because it is so close to the airport.

Since no one has mentioned it, i'll throw in a suggestion to play Ghost Town, near Central City. It's not the greatest course in the world, but it's unique, interesting, and worth playing. Afterwards, you can head down the road a little ways to Blackhawk and hit the blackjack tables.

Bailey and beaver ranch.

Ghost town, phantom falls, bucksnort for your second round of the day.

Jellystone.png

Closed.png

I'll second Ghost Town a cool little course.

The alleged Jellystone closure doesn't really affect you but I'd rather invest my time playing Beaver Ranch all day, day after day, than I would driving from Evergreen to play Jellystone, even though Jellystone is a worthy destination course.

I only disparaged Green Valley Ranch in order to make a joke. Don't put me in a headlock Andy.

I'll second Ghost Town a cool little course.

The alleged Jellystone closure doesn't really affect you but I'd rather invest my time playing Beaver Ranch all day, day after day, than I would driving from Evergreen to play Jellystone, even though Jellystone is a worthy destination course.

I only disparaged Green Valley Ranch in order to make a joke. Don't put me in a headlock Andy.

Yes, yes and yes. :hfive:

Looking forward to checking out Ghost Town on my next visit after seeing some photos my brother and buddies sent. Looks like a fun experience with some cool mining relics. Added bonus of Blackhawk being close by.

Jellystone was a fun course but it was nowhere close to Beaver Ranch, IMO of course. Wish I could have stayed and played Beaver Ranch a lot more than once and will definitely be back on my next trip.

Green Valley was nice but it was also rather dangerous as a few holes played awfully close to other park dwellers. Had to lay up a few times just to make sure pedestrians were not in play when shooting. Not sure I would go back there unless it was a cold fall day when others may not go to the park.

Latest posts