• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ongoing In The Bag

I'm pretty darn sure the creature is the same mold as the lobster and the mana. I own a creature and I've felt a lobster. I didn't make the above chart. And I understand why the MVP folks wouldn't yell from the mountains to come get a cheap lobster. (Because they're licensing the molds out to other companies and would promise not to undercut folks that licensed them....)

Setting in for the season. Couple of areas that I need to make a decision on, or not.

Bullets
Ions or Envies
Zones

Mustangs
Bobcats

SOFs
Volts
Phoenixes

Waves
Time Lapses
I just picked up my first SOF after throwing mainly MOLFs and was curious how your Volts compare. Just slower or are they more overstable too? Only a few throws in but my SOF seems less stable (it's pretty fresh) than my other OLFs.

I just picked up my first SOF after throwing mainly MOLFs and was curious how your Volts compare. Just slower or are they more overstable too? Only a few throws in but my SOF seems less stable (it's pretty fresh) than my other OLFs.
For me a fresh Volt has more HSS. Volts are also a little better in the wind and better on a FH. OLFs shape lines and Volts hold lines.

Played in the monthly of our neighbor club. Thought I had signed up for the AM group but ended up in Open. Feist or famine type of round. Threw some very good shots and was pin high or parked on some holes that I have not gotten before. Threw OB on the same hole twice and only lost 1 stroke. Had a couple early tree kicks that ended up costing me bogies that took me out. Finished top 10 in open, which was nice. Would have been 2nd in AM. Good confidence building round before my first sanctioned tournament of the year.

Putted fairly well. Only had 2 or 3 putts that I felt I should have gotten, but overall, much better. Didn't throw the Envy at all as I was testing the Ions. Sailed a few approach shots that I would have parked with a Berg so it will probably go back in for the tournament. I think if I add a Berg, I will go with Envies for driving putters, but really like the touch I get with the Ions. Bobcat continues to work out for FH drives that are longer/ straighter than a Zone allows. Picked up a thrashed PP Neutron Volt that flies like a well-seasoned 1.1 SOF and threw it all over the place, parking a hole both rounds that I have not gotten before. Parked a 400' turnover with a Wave that I have not gotten and an almost 400' uphill drive with the Time Lapse. Parked a couple holes from alt tee locations that I don't really practice with Craves. Felt good to get out and play fairly well. Clean up a few tee shots and I would have been top 3 for sure.

Bullets: Royal Soft/ Nocturnal
Ions: Proton Soft/ Proton
Zones: Putter Line/ OG GLO

Mustangs: Royal/ Eternal/ Nocturnal
Bobcats: Eternal

Craves: Proton
Volts: Neutron
Phoenixes: Eternal/ Nocturnal

Waves: Neutron
Time Lapses: Neutron

Played in my club's monthly on Saturday. Shorts and then the blue layout, which I had never played before, at Bayville Park. Steady 10-15 mph wind with gusts over 25 for the first round and then died down some for the second. Played ok first round and was 2 off the lead. Happy with how I played second round except for 3 holes in a row. Missed my line and a Wave got taken by the wind and took a bogey, which wasn't terrible. Hit another early tree and left my upshot outside circle into a headwind, which ended with another bogey. Hit early again and got taken by the wind OB and left with a long, obstructed upshot. Did not execute and took a 6. I was in or tied for the lead going into those holes and they took me out of cash and into 5th. Oh well.

First sanctioned round this weekend. Played the same tournament last year and it rained both rounds. Weather looks better this year and hope to finish well. Have to score first round then manage the course for the second. Going out of town middle of the week for work but going to get in some putting reps when I can.

Caved and picked up a couple of Pixels. Was too windy over the weekend to try a new putter, but I like the shape and they feel nice. Probably not going to mess with them too much until after the tournament. Threw Craves and Volts all over the place last weekend with really good success. Want to find a lighter weight Crave which would hopefully be a little less stable. The Berg is 100% going back in the bag. I have tried not to bag it this offseason but not having it cost me strokes and it is truly a safety net for my approach game. Excited to play sanctioned rounds and for tournament season to start up.

Bullets
Berg
Envies
Zones

Mustangs
Bobcat

Craves
Volts
Phoenix

Time-Lapses
Waves

First sanctioned tournament of the year is on the books. Played ok. Really feel like I have 4 "bad" holes between both rounds. Finished t10th. Struggled to score round 1 on what should have been the easier layout. Played smarter round 2 on the longs and was able to jump 10 spots. Went almost 1 for 1 on bogeys and birdies, taking out any chance to score well and was out of position more than I would have liked.

My putting kept me from truly having a bad tournament. Had been toying with Pixels since they came out and had been putting well with them. They putted very well when I was warming up so decided to run with them. Sunk a couple of outside the circle putts and was all over the basket for most others. C1x percentage was much higher than it has been and kept me from losing strokes for sure. If I did my job and got them on the right lines, they were going in. First time I have felt confident putting in a long time. Threw Waves extremely well but did have 1 tee shot that flipped more than I would have liked and cost me a stroke. Time Lapse shots did not feel great. Threw safe shots and they didn't cost me anything, but they did not do anything "special." I still feel that once I get one nice and broken in, they will come alive. Did not throw my Mustangs particularly well, which was a little odd.

Pixel has kicked out the Bullets. Putting with medium Electrons now and will likely switch to firms once it gets hot. I really hope MVP releases a premium plastic version of the Pixel for throwing. Added a fresh soft Electron Envy that paid for itself over the weekend. Volts and Waves were the star for drivers. Probably going to add an Eclipse Wave to better bridge the gap with my DD molds and try and find a lighter Crave that should flip easier. Have about a month and a half before next sanctioned tournament so plenty of time to fine tune and continue to work with what I have.

Pixels
Envies
Berg
Zones

Mustangs
Bobcat

Craves
Volts
Phoenix

Waves
Time Lapses

First nice weather of the year where I wasn't stuck at work. 70+ degrees and virtually no wind. Got out to Bayville as it is usually dry and we have had some rain. Course was busy, as it usually is, and decided to play the shorts. Put up my best rounds in months, a -10 showing and a -9. Felt really good to score. UDisc rated 242 and 235.

Pixels have been doing work. Have tried to practice putting as much as I can and I feel more confident. Making most 20-25 foot putts and 60/40 on longer attempts. I have found a small park close to work that I have set a goal to get to 2 or 3 times a week. Once the days get longer I will be able to practice putt after work but for now it's just on lunch break. Have a lighter weight Pixel I have been throwing and after beating the new off of it the flight is just dead straight. Putting confidence it at an all time high.

Local PIAS restocked MVP/ Axiom and found a couple of instant adds to the bag. I had been wanting to try out a Glitch and they had a few to choose from. Settled on a 151g. Threw it as a second shot over the weekend and if I was playing a 1 disc round with it I would have been -5 easy. Threw Polecats years ago so I have a little history with lid type discs. I think the Glitch will be a good tool for form and fun for quick 1 discs rounds. The glide is unreal. They also had a nice Neutron Crave that is already less stable than the Protons I bag. Shuffled thru the used bin and found a nicely seasoned Eclipse Reactor. Grabbed a new one to pair with it and threw them all over the place. My seasoned Eternal Mustang is a little less stable than the seasoned Eclipse and the fresh Reactor is a little less stable than an Eternal Bobcat. I think I am going to shelf the Bobcat unless it is windy or I am at a course that requires lots of FH mid shots. More testing required on that but so far I do like the Reactors. Added a Eclipse Wave and it is exactly what I wanted it to be. Surprising stability for a Wave but still really good glide.

Pixels
Envies
Glitch
Zones

Mustangs
Reactors

Craves
Volts
Phoenix

Waves
Time Lapses

Bag continues to move along.

Pixels are still putting well and have been a really good add. Leaning towards dropping the Envies. I have tried them a couple of times and never really clicked for whatever reason. Need to drop in a fresh Zone. Reactor is out. I had issues with trusting it to be OS, esp on forehands. Bobcat is just more reliable for me. Strongly considering dropping the Mustangs and go back to MD1s and Craves and going back to FD1s. Time Lapses might be coming out and going back to Destroyers or DD3s. I feel I don't get the carry with the Time Lapse as I do with the Destroyer/ DD3. Waves aren't going anywhere any time soon.

The company I work for is based in Fuquay-Varina, NC. Played Jones Park while in town and just wow. Such a nice park and course. The grass had just been cut, great signage, and I didn't see a piece of trash anywhere in the park. Excellent use of space. Well done and I will be trying to hit that course whenever I am in town.

Next tournament coming up in 3 weeks. Back to back B tiers in one weekend that come together to be a larger tournament. Was a lot of fun last year and looking forward to it this year.

The company I work for is based in Fuquay-Varina, NC. Played Jones Park while in town and just wow. Such a nice park and course. The grass had just been cut, great signage, and I didn't see a piece of trash anywhere in the park. Excellent use of space. Well done and I will be trying to hit that course whenever I am in town.
They're cleaning it up for the Selinske Masters this year. Also if you want to try the other Selinske courses Middle Creek isn't too far. Diavolo is in West Cary, Cedar Hills is north Raleigh (bit of a drive), and I don't remember the 5th course.

Last edited:
I feel ya with the Envies. It's a great mold but for whatever reason I just couldn't get the hang of it.

If anything is consistent in my bag it's that things will change.

Played one of my best all time rounds at leagues last night. 269 Udisc rating. Unfortunately, it was not a PDGA rated round. Put up -11 on a layout that I am happy with -3 to -5. Putted lights out and only really feel like I missed 1 hole. Made the expected changes to the bag and they covered exactly what I wanted. I am going to keep pushing the putting practice as I am seeing results.

Envy is out. Still not 100% on what I am going to replace it with. Maybe a Bullet of some kind. Profit covers the slightly more OS side of what I think I want but I like the way they feel. Might bag both and see which settles.

I was never really getting that slow right to left drift with the Mustang. Dropped MD1s back in and they just do what I want. Bagging my well seasoned Mindbender and a fresh 15 year. FD1 is back and got me birdies. Seasoned Skywalker and fresh 1st run C Line. Phoenix are really good but a tad bit too OS for what I want. Bagged my seasoned CG FD3 and a fresh C Line and they are a great 1 - 2 punch. Dropped the Time Lapse for my old Destroyers and they get me the carry I felt I was missing with the reliable finish. Happy, for now, where the bag is at and can't wait to get out and throw more.

Pixels
Profit
Glitch
Zones

MD1s
Bobcat

FD1s
Volts
FD3s

Waves
Destroyers

I did a thing.

Won my first tournament Saturday. B tier on a course that I had only ever played once the week before. Second round was a layout I had never even seen the tees for. Shot 70 points above my rating first round and 30 points above on the second round. Longer course with lots of elevation for our local area and solid wind for both rounds. Went into the second round tied for 1st and never lost the lead. MA2 but still nice to get my first win.

Primarily threw mids and fairways. Bullets, Craves and my color glow FD3 were the stars of the show off the tee but Mustangs and Bobcats did work as well. Made some solid putts. Really just tried to push where I could and play smart and not take numbers everywhere else. Stuck to my gameplan and it worked.

Pixels

Bullets
Pitch
Zones

Mustang
Bobcats

Craves
Volts
FD3s

Waves
Destroyers/ DD3

Got a new course in while out of town for work. Zebulon DGC in Zebulon, NC. Good little course that has some woods and some open holes with a solid mix of distances. Would play again. Got in another round at what is quickly becoming one of my favorite courses: Jones Park in Holly Springs, NC. Work trips for training are no fun but it is nice that that course is about 15 minutes from my corporate offices and 5 minutes from where I usually get a hotel.

Dropped the cart and working in a somewhat more basic bag. Still trying to see if I can move on from my old Discmania. Picked up a neutron Wrath that was doing most of what my CG FD3 does and can cover OS FD3 stuff with Phoenix. Had picked up an Apex swirl Mustang and after almost losing it twice it was finally lost and still somewhere in Carolina. That is the second one that I have lost after bagging for 1 or 2 rounds. Did throw a beautiful FH turnover on a downhill 300' shot. Back in goes my trusty Eternal. Picked up a couple of Zone GTs with my tourney winnings and gave one a try while out of town. Pretty much the same as any other ESP Zone, which wasn't surprising. My first putter line Zone is finally getting beat in to the point that it barely wants to fade back on FH shots. Messing around with the new Eclipse Craves and they are surprisingly straight. Much more neutral than my PP Protons. So far the Pitch is working out to be more OS vs the Glitch I was throwing. I also prefer the feel of the Pitch and look forward to it coming out in regular production.

Pixel x2
Nocturnal Bullet
Eclipse Pitch
ESP Zone GT
Well Seasoned Putter Line Zone

Apex Swirl Mustang(lost)
Royal Bobcat

Eclipse Crave x2 167g & 173g
Neutron Wrath

Neutron x2 and Eclipse Waves

Played a rated league round and shot right at my rating with the cut down bag. Struggled a couple of times getting off the tee on the layout we played, which happens. Missed a couple circle's edge+ putts that would have been nice to get but didn't miss any putts I should have made.

I did miss the OS 9 speed and will be dropping the Phoenix back in for sure. I missed the Berg and blew by a couple of approach shots that would have worked better if I had it in the bag. Eclipse Wave is just not quite OS enough to cover the Destroyer/ beefy DD3 slot, especially on flex lines. Looking at the Defy/ Photon as a complement to the Wave. Enjoying the slimmer hand feel that the MVP 11 speeds offer. Wrath is a sold driver. Would like to try one in lighter weight so see if it can get a little more push. Have been having some consistency issues throwing the Pitch. I feel like it is angle control. Sometimes it files surprisingly stable and others it flips. Need to play some 1 disc rounds and get it dialed back in because I was throwing it very well during my last tournament.

Pixels
Bullets
Zones
Pitch

Mustangs
Bobcats

Craves
Waves