• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Only 4 discs- but all molds new to you

Four discs that would likely never make my bag:

Harp- not sure I could putt with it, but it would do everything else I need it to do.
Gauge- midrange-y stuff. I'd be curious if it was stable enough to forehand
Spark- not a firebird.
Bandit- should be a good match for my power, general driving duties.

I wish plastic was for free so I could try this...

JK Aviar
Buzzz
Teebird or Rival
Thunderbird or Tern

Two of each and i bet I'll throw as well as my current latitude dominant bag.

this is tough for me since I have tried tons of plastic-

Zone - heard it's Harp and Jokeri like- if so, great disc

Mako3- straight/turnover midrangy stuff

Rival- Teebird stuff

CD 2 possibly?

Oh jeez... Not many discs that I could say I haven't thrown. I think I'd have to go Vibram, Lightning, or Daredevil... OH! Or Prodiscus. I've always heard great things about Prodiscus and hear from the dying community that they have amazing premium plastic with Ultrium being very similar to Prodigy 400G (my favorite premium plastic blend ever) I'll go Prodiscus.

Obviously, you've gotta go Jokeri first. I've heard many men's praise for this as a driving putter and I prefer overstable putting putters, so as long as we're saying four new molds, I'd go with 1 Basic Jokeri, and 1 Ultrium Jokeri.

Then, from reviews, a Midari looks about like my preference. I haven't really heard much on the wind about this disc, but from reading reviews on Infinite, it seems to be a flat, beadless, stable-straight mid with a decent hyzer finish. So, 1 Ultrium Midari.

For driving, we'll go with one under and one overstable. I've heard rave reviews of the Laseri and the Titan's flight numbers and reviews look like it's quite similar to my favorite driver, the Discmania PD.

Longwinded way of saying;

2x Jokeri (1x Basic, 1x Ultrium)
1x Ultrium Midari
1x Ultrium Laseri
1x Ultrium Titan

Post Script:
Distance: Groove (everyone hates on it, but it can't be that bad...)

Wanna bet? ;D

Last edited:
I like this spin. Not like i've thrown lots, but I have tried many many discs that are highly recommended on threads like this.

I would say
RDG- Tyrant
Legacy Icon - Gauge
RDG - GIla
RDG - Serpent

Last edited:
I am going to try this from 4 different manufacturers:

Envy

MD3

Convict

Punisher

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Putter- That one disc from Legacy that is like a Magnet copy stiff like a old hard D Magnet. Not sure if it is the Clutch or the Closer.
Mid- a ROC3 champion see if I can throw that disc, ROC's and ROC like discs in general I can't throw
farway driver- Saint in either gold line or Opto plastic. I have seen this throwen in the mid 2000's with good accuracy
Driver- try a Avenger SS and see if it is like a Valkyrie my main distance driver. I have only thrown a cousins once and it was like a Valkyrie.

that is my line up though I might have two of everything Just to have a backup, Putters both Max weight rest 170 grams to 172 grams. That is the range.

fission photon. so many people say its the bee's knees

proton axis. i just got it... gonna see how it compares to my buzzzzes and ibexes

Opto Anchor - some days i just need beef for breakfast

and kinda honestly it will stop there. simply because i am comfortable with my 10-12 disc setup.
although the vanish is not responding like it first did. proably a form issue i need to resolve (again).

so i tried the proton axis, not what i was hoping for. probably just gonna stick to an ibex for now.

i will add an mvp switch to my list. if i can use a shock and switch i can eliminate 4 sparks from the bag.... however, that remains to be seen, as my sparks get lots of use.