• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Open field, 250 feet out, no wind, what do you throw?

Stalker, low and staight, right at it.

I'd be lazy and throw my river and let my arm rest, 250's is an easy shot with a river to land by the basket, why throw something that will take more effort?

that's why I don't throw a putter or a mid, I actually have to try with a mid or a putter to get 250' of distance

I admit that during tournaments on shots like these sometimes I default to throwing a thumber with my Firebird. Just because it's my most accurate shot in that range and I know I will have a 90% chance of getting the birdie. In a casual round though I'd probably throw my Gator at it.

While I try not to throw open fairway thumbers, I would be strongly tempted to on a shot like that. I would call it more of a 90% chance for an ace though, with a certain birdie.

I'd probably just lob my FLX surge on a shallow, slow hyzer and watch it hit chains, dance on the rim of the basket, fall and bounce on the ground, and then stop once it's positioned up against the pole.

under normal conditions i would throw an axis right at it. Here of late i have not been throwing well so i may throw a banshee on a hyzer

I'd be lazy and throw my river and let my arm rest, 250's is an easy shot with a river to land by the basket, why throw something that will take more effort?

that's why I don't throw a putter or a mid, I actually have to try with a mid or a putter to get 250' of distance

I actually agree with this. Why should I throw a putter at 100% when I can disc up and save the effort? Just because I can get a putter that far doesn't mean I should. If I throw a driver in a lazy S curve at about 60% effort, and still get the same result, why would I not do that? This is saying it's an open field, no wind, flat, no obstacles.

I actually agree with this. Why should I throw a putter at 100% when I can disc up and save the effort? Just because I can get a putter that far doesn't mean I should. If I throw a driver in a lazy S curve at about 60% effort, and still get the same result, why would I not do that? This is saying it's an open field, no wind, flat, no obstacles.

really depends on how far you can throw. I would probably go aviar, but my max with putters is about 330'. so I can throw 75-80% and still be there. but if 250' is the max you can push putters, its not a good idea to throw one. instead disc up

Why do golfers carry 14 clubs? Why not just use a 3-iron and hit it anywhere from 1-235yds instead of hitting a 9-iron to that 155yd flag? Its easier to be consistent when using about 80% power.

So for the 250' scenario...KC Aviar

Hyzer flip my Wedge right at it.

comet on a smooooooth hyzer. I can throw my putter up to 275, but I feel much more confident with the comet.

for me its always a hyzer.... depending on what kind of surface im playing on sometimes let it skip up with either a drone or a gator or if its thick grass or mulch ill just throw a wizard or a vibram ridge on a slight hyzer!! although sometimes if the back is sore or its cold outside ill just ease a stable kc roc out to the right flat and let in fade in under the bucket!! (which is always the outcome in my head!! haha although it dont always work out that way!!)

Latest posts