• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Opening a Website

AmatuerDye

Hey guys so I'm starting a website for dying discs and I was wondering if I could get some help on some info.

Dye mix for painting?
Dye mix for dipping?
Marbling?
Why would you mix acetone into the dye mix?
Dishwashing soap/Laundry Detergent

Not to be a smart ass or state the obvious, but if you have questions on dying are you sure you want to launch a web site?

Not to be a smart ass or state the obvious, but if you have questions on dying are you sure you want to launch a web site?

That's my question. Are you starting a website on how to dye or to sell your dyes? Either way I would have to think you would know the answers to your questions if you were to be successful in either case.

LOL @ Bennett, he has some of the best dyes I've seen and not even he has a site, or at least not that I know of...:confused:.

LOL @ Bennett, he has some of the best dyes I've seen and not even he has a site, or at least not that I know of...:confused:.

I own a domain, HighFlyDyes dot com, but I haven't gotten back to putting it up, because all my free time is dyeing! I am using the payments from SDS to pay someone else to do the site -- I'll keep you posted but hope to have it running and smooooth by month's end!

Bennett's a corporate shill.:D DAMN THE MAN!

But for real, the answers are right here and not hard to find. If you're honestly having trouble tracking them down.... give it up. The rest of us found them and some have gone to great lengths to expanded them coughDancough. Put in your time, you'll come out a better man.

That's my question. Are you starting a website on how to dye or to sell your dyes? Either way I would have to think you would know the answers to your questions if you were to be successful in either case.

Kinda like, "Hey guys! Try my cookbook, best around!
By the way, anybody have any good recipes, know how to boil water, etc?
"

That's what's up with my smart-alec-ery. Seems like your asking the most basic of questions, which could surely be answered with just a few minutes searching on this thread alone.

Yeah thanks for the link smartass but i've been through the site and there seems to be no definitive answer for anything.

Everyone does pretty much every single step of every process differently. That's part of the fun-doing it differently and figuring it out. Oh yeah, nobody tells all their techniques or secrets either. Disc dyeing is just as competitive as golf.

Bennett's a corporate shill.:D DAMN THE MAN!

But for real, the answers are right here and not hard to find. If you're honestly having trouble tracking them down.... give it up. The rest of us found them and some have gone to great lengths to expanded them coughDancough. Put in your time, you'll come out a better man.

Well put. I had only just started dyeing when I joined dgcr and it's helped a TON! From learning about Rit's dumb formula change to Dan's marbling madness, it's been all good things from this site! Invest a little time and READ! Everything is here, including the support of a sweet community.

The only thing I can think of to prevent more threads asking "how" is to maybe make a thread with links to all the helpful tutorials on this site... but I'm not that motivated enough to make said thread. :D

Good luck! Don't spill the dye!

Uh, maybe try the disc dyer guild social group? :|

They, like, might have some info on, like, dyeing n' shizz. :popcorn:

I own a domain, HighFlyDyes dot com, but I haven't gotten back to putting it up, because all my free time is dyeing! I am using the payments from SDS to pay someone else to do the site -- I'll keep you posted but hope to have it running and smooooth by month's end!

I will be a frequent visitor, and please do keep me posted, would love to know when it's up and running.

Yeah thanks for the link smartass but i've been through the site and there seems to be no definitive answer for anything.

There are VERY definitive answers for EVERY single question you asked. Honestly doesnt even take any searching, just a few clicks of the mouse.

You do know how to click a mouse? Yes?

Use the search function, it can be a pain but it works. Try sorting posts by # of views, the best stuff gets viewed a lot. I know having good teaching content can really help drive traffic to your website, if you are poaching info for this purpose please give us some props, we like traffic too! And once you get it all together would ya send me a copy ;). I do gotta say that I've been reading on this site for a couple of months now and still don't think I've been "through the site". There's juicy nuggets hidden everywhere.

Latest posts