• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Opinion on Stamps

Stamps influence on your purchase of discs?

• Stamps are not relevant

Votes: 55 93.2%
  • ill buy every new variation of the same disc with a cool new stamp

Votes: 4 6.8%

• Total voters
For the most part, I just stick to the basic stock stamp on my discs. I just don't find that special stamps are generally worth the extra few bucks. There have been a few times I bought a disc just because of the stamp, but in those cases I don't really plan to throw it. I'm not a big collector so this doesn't happen very often.

I won't buy a disc for its stamp, but if the disc I want (including plastic and weight) is available with a nice stamp, I'll pick it up. God help me if the disc buying habit goes past that point!

All other things equal, I'll buy the disc with the stamp that more suits my fancy. It's quite literally the last factor in my purchase though.

I can't vote because I like a nice stamp but won't buy a disc only because of a stamp.

I think if you put a third category in this poll, most of us would take this choice!

I buy a sweet looking stamp so then at least one aspect of my game isn't awful to average looking for the rest of you. I do this as a favor to our community as a whole. You are all welcome.

This would probably be more appropriate in the 'what makes me irrationally upset' thread, but I've always disliked this stamp and I won't buy a disc that has it. Silly, I know. :eek: I throw lighter weight drivers, but I don't like blizzard plastic anyways. I can usually find what I need in star or champ, without the ugly blizzard stamp. Any other blizzard stamp haters out there? :popcorn:

Wraith_Blizzard_Champion_Standard.jpg

I technically have only 2 non stock stamps in my bag. One is a plasma axis that has the 2017 MVP Circuit stamp. The other is a plasma Crave that has an interesting Infinite infinity kind of stamp. I forget what they called it. Basically a bunch of cubes haha. I don't think it cost any extra than the others. That's the only reason I grabbed it. Something a little bit unique for the same cost is fine. Otherwise, Im stock stamp all the way. Discs are expensive enough without paying more for the pretty pictures. Would just make me even more sad when I grip lock one out the lake or into a swamp or something. That's just me. You all do you!

I did play with one fellow one time that only bagged innova proto star stamped discs. Claimed it gave him a psychological advantage over his competition.

Given the choice between a stock stamp or something different, I'll go with something different as I'd rather have interesting discs in my bag. Anyone can have a basic disc. Personally, I'm not interested in wiping stamps. There is a whole world of life I could be doing instead.

For the most part, I really don't care about stamps, unless it's something I find particularly sweet. It's kinda neat to have something different, but I won't pay extra for it.

My favorite stamps are misprints.
Got a few of those. One of my faves is an X Comet with Jawbreaker stamp.

Last edited:
There aren't a lot of stamps that I would like anyways.

Innova's Echo Star stamps are nice, because they are so minimalistic.

Then I've seen a dancing bears stamp on some Wizards. This is more the kind of stamp I'd like to have.

I don't like any ``angry'' or ``aggressive'' designs. I guess I'm more the hippie kind of guy. ;-)

But, like for many, the stamp comes last for me in deciding which disc to buy. If I don't like it, I wipe it partly or completely.

Some misprints like custom limited runs can actually go for more I'm told (by Mike Inscho) haha. I have to buy 2-3 to spread shipping cost to Canada... got a misprint Marm-O-Set basket bashers envy from him as well as the unmarred version and I was like "does that make it cheaper" and he says no but he'd do me a solid and sell it at same price...since he was going to auction it for more. I gotta admit it's cool, they double stamped the foil in a way that's very pleasing. The thing for me is I wanted throwers so 169g or less. Expensive throwers haha but f@@@ it I make good money.

I don't wipe stamps, I wear them off haha!

And come on, Sweet and Simple Comet? So many cool stamps!
images

Last edited:
For me, the only purpose of the stamps is so I can readily identify which disc is which. Is this white disc a DGA Phenom or a Latitude 64 Explorer? I can't tell the difference between discs by feel....so the stamp helps with that, especially for two discs that are very similar. Other than that, I don't care what stamp is on the disc.

Latest posts