• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Opinions wanted:

TimSyl

Eagle Member
Which Innova discs would you get stamped for a fundraising tournament player pack? Limited budget, two disc choices. Thanks.

There's no good answer. My choice would be to get one disc many people throw (Teebird, Roc, etc.), and one hot new disc people might want to try (whatever that is this week).

Funny, I was thinking Roc and Teebird. Probably best to go with the standard as opposed to the latest, greatest. Will probably have a lot of beginners/rec players. Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

One old, one new splits the difference.

Some players---especially newer players---may have a Roc and are eager to try anything that's new. Though if there are a lot of beginners, that may mean new & understable. Others want something they know they can use. Others don't throw their custom-stamped discs at all,, so it doesn't matter.

One old, one new caters, at least somewhat, to all of them.

There's no good answer. My choice would be to get one disc many people throw (Teebird, Roc, etc.), and one hot new disc people might want to try (whatever that is this week).

If I've learned anything about running events and picking player packs, you'll never please them all. if you pick innova, you may please about half. one of the other companies, maybe a third of them.
AMs love a good deal on a player pack for signing up, and at the same time are never unified in being happy about the selection.

With all the gloom aside, Try to also put the focus on the reason for the fundraiser. People like a good deal, but they will get behind the event if they think it's a good cause. I just ran an event this past Sunday - we are raising money to expand from 12 holes eventually to 18 - and multiple people gave me extra money above and beyond their sign up.

If I've learned anything about running events and picking player packs, you'll never please them all.

Very true.

Our policy for regular tournaments is to issue a voucher for a players pack, with plenty of discs to choose from. We get custom-stamped discs and offer them for sale, along with the regular stuff. We don't put dates on them, so that unsold discs can be sold later.

For our fundraiser, we don't offer a players pack. We tell people who ask that their players pack went to The Children's Heart Foundation, and they seem to accept that, or at least be reconciled to it.

But if custom-stamped discs in a players pack is the route a TD chooses, there's nothing wrong with that. Whatever works. But in that case, I recommend the old/new selection, as the compromise likely to make most players at least somewhat happy

Which Innova discs would you get stamped for a fundraising tournament player pack? Limited budget, two disc choices. Thanks.

if money wasnt an issue to pay for them, id get two of whatever you thought would be popular discs, in a nice plastic

thunderbird, destroyer would likely be my choices

last tournament i played it was Nova, Glow Gator and Glow Thunderbird. I'd probably swap the gator for whatever the new big deal disc is.

Agreed. Leopard and the flavor of the week. Also do not get the molds in several different plastics or you will have a few people upset that they received a Champion Leopard and others received Star Leopards. As an incentive you could also guarantee the flavor of the week disc to the first 50 paid entries who signup online by a certain date.

Anything McBeth throws should suffice. Tons of people will throw them, and if not trading/selling should be relatively easy.

Condor, we have actually discussed this for a players pack item. That or an ultimate with a customer stamp. Just to switch it up from the norm.

I feel like a Tern or Nova would be a solid 'new' mold to put in that most people would at least enjoy trying out.

Then its Teebird, Destroyer or Roc for the tried-and-true disc.

Glow Champ Gators seem to be a solid selection too if you wanted something in more of a 'utility' mold (maybe because I throw em). Firebird too.

Latest posts