• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Opto fuse vs esp comet vs esp meteor

I like my Meteor for really high turnover shots and big swooping hyzers. It stays in the air forever on a hyzer, and I know it's going to turn all the way through the apex of a high turnover shot or roller. The Fuse and Comet are easier to throw on a lower straightish line. I usually use a Buzzz for that shot though, because it likes to be thrown low and hard.

Can't comment on ESP Comets but the ESP Meteor I've got doesn't fly much more different than a beat ESP Buzzz. The Fuse is decidedly more of a finesse mid, the Meteor you can crank on and hurl like a Buzzz.

I'll second the GL Fuse recommendation, my 179 GL is noticeably easier to put on lines while my beat 177 Opto is more or less used for hyzer flips and annies since it's flippier. I prefer the Fuse b/c I like that it keeps me honest on OAT.

Can't comment on ESP Comets but the ESP Meteor I've got doesn't fly much more different than a beat ESP Buzzz.

Say what?!?:confused: there is a fine line between the 2 but there is DEFINITELY a line. A Comet is slower but fits right in between the ESP Buzzz and the ESP Meteor in terms of stability.

Bro D is my HERO.;):D

Who said anything about a Comet? What I'm saying is beat ESP Buzzz is very close to fresh Meteor, the only difference is that the Meteor is a little smaller diameter I think, making it even a bit more driver-ish than a Buzzz. Don't quote me on my that.

All in all I think Buzzz/Meteor makes a pretty good combo depending on your style.

Id guess its oat. Easy to cover it up with more stable discs. Fuse is so touchy in terms of oat. you really need to throw it with correct technique. When you do,,there is no disc like it. You can put such little effort and make it go so straight and so far,,,pretty amazing disc.

To work out the oat issues id suggest just throwing like a half of a reach back if that. Just concentrate on the last 20% of the throw. Alot of oat happens when your simply doing too much. Simplify,,then relearn the disc.

One simple stradegy to remember is the less moving parts, the more consistent and accurate. When you do too much,,there are more moving parts, hence greater chance to make a mistake or create oat. Fuse is an amazing disc for those shots that are impossibly technical. You can throw it with no run up or one step and little reachback. Because of this its amazingly accurate and consistent.

Someone who's thrown fuses and meteor chime in please,the meteor looks sweet for hyzer flips,but for some reason the fuse doesn't really work for me on them,I can throw them flat and have them turnover gently all the way to the ground,but for some reason they don't seem to fight that much out of a hyzer,maybe i just need to beat it in more,but yeah.

:eek:?

well i went to the meteor :) both are good discs but the fuse needs to be thrown occasionally to learn it. i throw buzzz's and when i would go to throw my fuse,id flip that **** over. after a round using the fuse,i got the feel for it again. basically,getting the meteor works for me because i can throw it like my buzzz and i dont need to relearn it.the fuse is a great mid and i have had fun with it including an ace during a tourney,but with the way it needs to be thrown,i needed to move on. most of the time i throw it flat but if i need to hyzerflip it,it works great

all of my fuses were about 175+ and were straight stable new and got some turn but not as much as the lighter ones. the lighter ones and goldlines can be hyzerflipped to flat but i never really liked using the fuse for that when i had my buzzz's.

if you want one to hyzer flip to flat,try a low 170s opto or a gold line

well i went to the meteor :) both are good discs but the fuse needs to be thrown occasionally to learn it. i throw buzzz's and when i would go to throw my fuse,id flip that **** over. after a round using the fuse,i got the feel for it again. basically,getting the meteor works for me because i can throw it like my buzzz and i dont need to relearn it.the fuse is a great mid and i have had fun with it including an ace during a tourney,but with the way it needs to be thrown,i needed to move on. most of the time i throw it flat but if i need to hyzerflip it,it works great

all of my fuses were about 175+ and were straight stable new and got some turn but not as much as the lighter ones. the lighter ones and goldlines can be hyzerflipped to flat but i never really liked using the fuse for that when i had my buzzz's.

if you want one to hyzer flip to flat,try a low 170s opto or a gold line

yeah,i might have to pick up a 170s GL to try and compliment the heavier opto i have,thanks for the response :thmbup:

Booter, I find I have problems trusting the fuse/comet on days when the wind is above 10 mph. This especially applies if I am playing on courses with a lot of elevation choices.

I do not have the same trust issues with the buzz or the meteor. I still carry a fuse and have a few backups not sure atm if I would replace them if I lost them all.

Cheers - Koffee

Booter, I find I have problems trusting the fuse/comet on days when the wind is above 10 mph. This especially applies if I am playing on courses with a lot of elevation choices.

I do not have the same trust issues with the buzz or the meteor. I still carry a fuse and have a few backups not sure atm if I would replace them if I lost them all.

Cheers - Koffee

I don't know which you are throwing, but GL Fuses, especially heavier flat ones, are far superior to the Optos or domey GLs in the wind. Why would you choose a Fuse or a Meteor over a Buzzz in 10+mph headwinds anyway? Glidey discs are never going to glide into the wind, you need a penetrating disc instead.

Yeah, my beat to hell 177 Opto Fuse is the only easy hyzerflipper. Fuses are harder to muscle into a hyzer flip or something, you have to snap them clean to get them to go flat. A Meteor is a little less picky b/c you can kind of OAT it and hyzer flip it and it's a little faster as well.

Booter just go back to comets man. Best thing Ive done for my game was adding them to the line up. The new esp comets, z like with out tooling are money. You already know comets are the **** and will work ,for most shots, better than a fuse buzzz or meteor.

Yeah, my beat to hell 177 Opto Fuse is the only easy hyzerflipper. Fuses are harder to muscle into a hyzer flip or something, you have to snap them clean to get them to go flat. A Meteor is a little less picky b/c you can kind of OAT it and hyzer flip it and it's a little faster as well.

Mine's probably still at an 8/10,I don't think i'm really strong arming much at this stage,even chain addicted said i have pretty form :cool:

Not sure if that means much coming from him. :|

:eek:

Booter just go back to comets man. Best thing Ive done for my game was adding them to the line up. The new esp comets, z like with out tooling are money. You already know comets are the **** and will work ,for most shots, better than a fuse buzzz or meteor.

:thmbup: ... i cant really hate on the Meteor tho i had one in the bag for a bit and did really like it but found i can do the same shots with my x-comet.. or a nice worn esp

Comets are showoff drama queens. Put one in your bag and it cries "me, me, me!". It does not like to share mid duties unless it's windy. The Comet does not play that well with others. The Buzzz is like this as well...So with those you are pretty much committed to their strengths and weaknesses. The Meteor and Fuse are better team players. They do what they do better than Comets, but stick to what they are good at rather than being as versatile.

Comets are showoff drama queens. Put one in your bag and it cries "me, me, me!". It does not like to share mid duties unless it's windy. The Comet does not play that well with others. The Buzzz is like this as well...So with those you are pretty much committed to their strengths and weaknesses. The Meteor and Fuse are better team players. They do what they do better than Comets, but stick to what they are good at rather than being as versatile.

Heh, I sort of agree but I think the Fuse can be very versatile outside of needing a fade or a wind fighter like you said. It is sharing my bag with a Roc just fine but I have a Buzzz on the way to test again (since I also hated the Roc before) so I probably will see the Buzzz nagging for attention and that just won't fly wih my Fuses sitting in there.

yeah i cant really argue with ya.. ever since the comets have got in the bag my rocs have seen less and less playing time and the meteor got booted.. still carry some rocs for shots the require some fade or windy duties but if i can im gonna throw a comet :)

Yes, the Fuse is very versatile. Since I dropped the Buzzz I've really had this point proven to me. The Fuse/Vector combo is working great, though I still have a gap for a few lines I used to get out of my Buzzz. I've got a rather stable Fuse, but I don't really like it. I don't trust it(in my mind) to throw hard, so I usually end up making it fly more overstable than I intend. When i want a Fuse shot I'd rather throw my beat one with hyzer. I'm hoping the Axis, whenever the heck I get it, will be able to fill this role without being needy like the Buzzz. What I really mean with the Buzzz/Comet is that each of them requires a certain type of release, and that same release doesn't work with other discs. The Buzzz has to be thrown faster with more arm than other mids, and the Comet slower with more finesse. With the Fuse/Vector I'm only changing angles and speed. They need more finesse than the Buzzz for cleanliness, but less than the Comet. Since the Axis is going to have a small bead I'm hoping it's going to like the same type of release.

Latest posts