• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Opto fuse vs esp comet vs esp meteor

The Axis can't get here soon enough. lol I just think the MVP over-molding will really set a straight mid apart from all the rest just by all the weight distribution.

BTW: With the Buzzz comment of it needing to be thrown a bit faster, sometimes I think I would keep one just as a shorter fairway more so than I would treat a mid. Like you said about the Fuse, for a straight shot, I rather put hyzer on a GL and flip it to flat than try to just throw my more stable opto one flat.

Last edited:
The Axis can't get here soon enough. lol I just think the MVP over-molding will really set a straight mid apart from all the rest just by all the weight distribution.

I can only speculate as to when we will see the Axis...Obviously the protos were done a long time ago. My best guess is that they want to make as many Ions as they can at once to keep the runs very consistent. Once they fill their orders and warehouse a good backstock I imagine they will run Axes...I'm not sure though. I know that the main reason they put out the Vector first was because it's easier to design sure overstability than it is to design perfect neutrality. The Axis is really Chad's baby because he doesn't use an overstable mid much. I have a feeling he would be doing quite a bit of tweaking if they weren't flying exactly how he imagines them to....but this is all speculation.

I don't know which you are throwing, but GL Fuses, especially heavier flat ones, are far superior to the Optos or domey GLs in the wind. Why would you choose a Fuse or a Meteor over a Buzzz in 10+mph headwinds anyway? Glidey discs are never going to glide into the wind, you need a penetrating disc instead.

The few I have are from when they were first released a little domey like a roc and they are in opto (orange and pink). As far as throwing in the wind the course I play most, 60 pct is in a box canyon and it is not so much a head wind but a constant swirling wind.

The other course that sees a lot of foot traffic from myself is Aptos High which always seems to be a little windy.

What I am rambling about is to feel comfortable with a disc you need to use it a lot and have consistent and decent results. I just have a hard time getting trigger time with the fuse other then field throwing the conditions always seem to favor the other disc (Buzz/pain/roc).

Cheers - Koffee

Latest posts