• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Orc love?

Is it worth cycling some DX Orcs or do they just get too flippy too quickly? I like throwing DX Eagles from time to time and it sounds like Orc could be a fun mold to play around with in different plastics

I am late to the party, but the Orc is one of the few molds I have discovered over time beats in faster than other molds. I have a DX that I can throw barrel rolls with after less than a year in the bag. Champs end up flippy faster than expected too. They are actually great to cycle in premium plastics. Pro Orcs bombed until they got to flippy.

I am late to the party, but the Orc is one of the few molds I have discovered over time beats in faster than other molds. I have a DX that I can throw barrel rolls with after less than a year in the bag. Champs end up flippy faster than expected too. They are actually great to cycle in premium plastics. Pro Orcs bombed until they got to flippy.

DX Orcs are completely useless because they beat in so fast. I remember trying to bag one years ago, and it went from decent to unthrowable in no time at all.

Champion Orcs don't get flippy very fast at all.

I recently picked up a Halo Orc

I expected beefier than it was (having not previously thrown Orcs) and given my experience with other Halo discs.

It was quite HSS and LSS but really workable, didn't drift on an anhyzer too much, solid fade.

I tried it at the same time as a DX Eagle. The DX Eagle blew me away.

Soooooo, I also ordered some DX Orcs...I'll get some throws in with those tomorrow and will report back on those.

The DX Orcs don't look the same as the Star (unsurprisingly). The wing doesn't seem as wide or aggressive, the PLH is lower and the discs are flatter. I expect / hope they will be somewhat flippy.

If they give me the flight the DX Eagles are giving but over a longer distance I'll be very happy.

I had just picked up a couple halos, they were pretty stable out of the box, but it had a pretty sharp flashing at the bottom of the rim. I rubbed it against the park bench and smoothed it out, it made a huge difference

I do still need to take a little flashing off of my Halo Orc

I've got some time in with the DX Orcs (but probably not enough yet)

I could see cycling these in my area as we aren't heavily wooded. So I don't think they would get flippy all that quickly.

For my arm speed the DX Orc was similar to a flat Star CD2 or S Line Dynasty. A little hyzer flip to flat, maybe some drift and a little fade.

But I think the premium "CD2 mold" has more glide. I didn't find the DX Orc to be glidey (not like my DX Eagles).

So far, and I'll give them some more time yet, I can't see the DX Orc making the bag as the premium plastic "CD2 mold" seems superior for the flights I'm looking for.

The DX Orc flight was quite similar to the DX Eagle flight (slight hyzer, flat, small drift, small fade) but where the DX Eagles are crazy long and straight (for a 7 speed) I didn't find I got the same "oh wow, look at that go" result from the DX Orc that O got from the DX Eagle.

I can't see the DX Orc making the bag as the premium plastic "CD2 mold" seems superior for the flights I'm looking for.

The DX Orc flight was quite similar to the DX Eagle flight (slight hyzer, flat, small drift, small fade) but where the DX Eagles are crazy long and straight (for a 7 speed) I didn't find I got the same "oh wow, look at that go" result from the DX Orc that O got from the DX Eagle.

Those old DX eagles were a special disc for sure. So versatile for how much D they could give.

I throw the armor chameleon for the eagle like flight in the 9/10 speed world now, quite similar to my old swirly S CD2s from when they had some turn out of the box, but a touch more fade/predictability.

Armor is a opaque star like plastic. Amber are also great they are Gummyish champ. I also bag a Nylon Armor which is the siffer of the 3 current options and more HSS and really durable. The Chameleon is a 10 speed sized rim (2.0cm) but thicker and slower flying than you generally would find a 10 speed. Distance is similar for me to CD2/Orcs the seemingly slower flight means versatile at low and higher speeds. Nylons are probably fairly orc like, maybe not quite as HSS out of the box as a beefier orc. I would give the Ambers a -1, 2 and the Nylons a -0.5, 2.5 or 3.

Latest posts