• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] orcs vs. wraiths

orc vs wraith

• Total voters
why put other if the choice is Orcs or Wraiths, even if you hate both you should be able to pick one that is better.

Most definitely Orcs. Between pearly, night shift, special blend, regular you can fill any distance shot need. Plus there are nOt many of us with a big enough arm that anything above an Orc can realistically get us much more distance than Orcs have to offer. Orcs are my absolute favorite driver.

Of the two: Orc.

I'd vote "other", but I agree that's pointless. The Wraith is too much disc for me.

I did rock a Star Orc for a while, but it didn't do anything for me until it was beat up, then I lost it. I tried a DX in hopes of getting the same feel only quicker, but it went straight from overstable to super-flippy. The rest of last year, I disced-down to a Star Sidewinder/Beast combo and that worked really well for me. This winter's been really tough to get out to any courses (more life than weather, really), but I guess I'll see where my arm's at this spring.

A month ago I would have answered Orc, simply because I hadn't thrown a Wraith, but that's changed ...

Pro Wraiths = Money...they season so nicely. I have some really stable ones, some hyzer flip bombs, and a turnover machine.

i just bought a back up wraith.. there are no orcs in the bag

Ohh how I love the wraith. Especially Pro wraiths they are my go to driver for most shots.

CHEERS - Koffee

Used to LOVE Pro Wraiths, I since have switched to Surges but they are really almost the same disc. They are incredibly predictable, only get sweeter as they break in and can pull off a variety of shots with a lot of distance. I haven't thrown an Orc, so I guess I can't really vote but a Wraith or Surge would be tough to beat for me.

Of the two, I'll go with the Orc. Neither are in my bag, but I've thrown both and feel much more comfortable and confident with the Orc. I do have a n00dle arm so maybe that has something to do with it, but the Wraith was just too much while the Orc I could control a bit better. The Orc was the disc I used for a long time as my FH disc. Since I rarely throw FH off the tee, I stopped carrying one. Either way, Orcs and Wraiths are a bit too fast for me.

Including "other" was unnecessary in a poll like this.

I have thrown both and I would vote for wraith. Wraiths have just about as much variety as was mentioned for orcs. You have augusta/06 CFR's, champ, star, pro, dx, etc...you can get a disc that will do most anything. At the end of the day it is the one throwing the disc more than it is which of these two are the best but if I had to choose for me, I would go with the wraith. I have had some sweet pearly champ orcs that flew great and were very consistent but I can get more distance out of a seasoned 12x Champ wraith or a pro wraith than I can an orc. If you throw less than 300 then you don't need anything more than an orc.

Haven't thrown a wraith a whole lot but the few times i have it wasn't anything special. Not that the orc was anything special either but i do like it and when i move back up from slower speed stuff it will probably be back in the bag

Star next!

When I first started playing, one of my first discs was a Champion Orc. I played with it for a long time. Pretty overstable for me. Even after many tree hits, it never got flippy. That's good in a way if you need a disc like that.

Later on I tried a Wraith or two. I was pretty surprised at how well these flew for me being a 'high-speed' disc. I beat in a Pro Wraith that would anny over & hold the longest line (especially downhill, top-of-the world shots). Sadly, it became too flippy & it's now long gone (sold on eBay I think).

Champ Wraith next. I had a couple of these, in various weights (see my threads posted elsewhere). For me, these were some of the first discs that I could put a lot of power on & they would fly pretty long. Pretty good hyzer distance for me. Those have now been lost or sold now & havn't been replaced.

I did aquire another Champ Orc recently & it flew pretty well. Long & pretty stable (still). But it's a clear-pinkish color that vanishes once it hits the ground, so I can use that.:\

To me, the Orc is 'Old school'. Not necesarily bad but you don't hear too much about or anybody throwing them.
Wraith: I would consider this disc to be somewhat 'mid school'. Newer than the Orc but still down in popularity compared to when it first came out.

I still have that pink Champ Orc & a couple Wraiths in my storage box but If I was to buy one (or two) discs I think I'd get a Star plastic next.:thmbup:

Most definitely Orcs. Between pearly, night shift, special blend, regular you can fill any distance shot need. Plus there are nOt many of us with a big enough arm that anything above an Orc can realistically get us much more distance than Orcs have to offer. Orcs are my absolute favorite driver.

Quoted for truth.

Love my Orcs, I've got them in all shapes, wieghts and plastics. They fly so consistently for me that I can't imagine letting them go. Ok, I can imagine it, but it would take me getting sponsored by a company, in which case I would switch to a Flash or an Apache. The Orc is just a little more understable than the Wraith. I use the Orc for Hyzer-flips, annys, and long flat S's. I throw Surges instead of Wraiths, more controlled hyzer lines.

Latest posts