• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Oregon Road Trip, Woot!!!

BrickE

So, I am looking for opinions on Oregon's top disc golf courses for 2 or three day trip that so of the guys want to take to explore some more of the courses in Oregon. I am looking for advice on which courses you wouldn't want to miss if you could go spend 2 or 3 days doing nothing but throwing discs in Oregon. I also was wondering how many courses we should try to hit a day as we do not want the pace to be too extreme but want the chance to really explore what our state has to offer in the world of disc golf? Thanks to all responders in advance!

All, but if there are clusters of greatness it would definitely lower driving time and up playing time. Whistlers Bend is close enough for me to hit on a week - end or at the end of the trip on the way home. I live on the southern Oregon coast.

you're going to explore the entire state in 2 or 3 days?

.. I'd pick an area to focus on, 2 or 3 days in portland area would be golden, I can't speak for the rest of the state, though I plan on spending a week or so there this summer.

what martin said^^^^, since you live on the southern oregon coast i would say you should head right on up to the portland area, go play the courses out at hornings, play stub stewart, play pier park and then go play mciver, depending on exactly when you are there you may even get to play the BSF layout at mc iver...

Coming from the coast I would hit up Whistlers, Dexter park just outside of Eugene. Once you got into the Portland area; Hornings,Pier park, Milo, Dabney.

dexter is a great course, also north regional in cottage grove is good too. when you get to oregon, shoot me a pm. ill come show you around. :thmbup:

I'd pick one day to do all of Horning's Hideout and LL Stub Stewart. Then around Portland do Pier, Milo and Timber which are right by each other and if you have time drive to Albany/Corvallis and do Bryant Park, Adair and Willamette.

I'd pick one day to do all of Horning's Hideout and LL Stub Stewart. Then around Portland do Pier, Milo and Timber which are right by each other and if you have time drive to Albany/Corvallis and do Bryant Park, Adair and Willamette.

Solid advice though to get the full experience you would need an extra day or two to hit up dexter and whistlers and then get back to where you started.

Excuse the thread semi-jack, but I'm also planning a road trip to the Portland area. My twist is that we'll be camping and it will be a family trip (wife, 4 year old daughter, 9 month son).

Any of these places kid/family friendly (ie. non-disc golf activities)? I know the camping at Milo would be awsome but what about Horning? Are these places close enough to Potland to use as a home base?

Hornings is about a half hour from Downtown by my memory. Assuming no concert shuts the whole place down Hornings is likely a better family environment. The pond at hornings is likely safer and more accessible for kids to fish in than the river at Milo. Also everything at Hornings is within one area while at Milo the Camping is about two miles from the disc golf (maybe less by trail but road is long). Also Stub, another 25 min from Milo also has camping and yurts, but is quite a technical disc golf course.

Thanks

I appreciate all of the in put! Taking to the guys about how aggressive they would like to schedule to be. I wouldn't take them to Bryant without setting things up with a guide as I played the first 9 last week and it gets pretty hard to find your way around in the woods that and we lost a lot of time looking for discs because of tall grass and nettles in this area.

Horning's Hideout was made for family camping before it was a disc golf destination. Also, Stub Stewart is much closer to Horning's than it is to Milo.Also, if the family plays, Hornings has a short pitch and putt course in addition to the 2 other more challenging courses that you can all have fun together on (wear pants, the stinging nettles are bad on this course right now). Camping is $15/night and that includes the golf. If you love camping and DG, you'll think you died and went to DG heaven! :thmbup:

Last edited: