• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Orion LS

I'm pretty excited :D

167g MOLS, penned "ON" like riltim's.

Attachments

• Photo Aug 16, 3 15 50 PM.jpg
    Photo Aug 16, 3 15 50 PM.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 32
Whatever run the ON is, I love it. I also bag a 1.1 QOLS for dead straight shots. I have two SOLS in the bin at home that will replace the QOLS for late fall through early spring.

Whatever run the ON is, I love it. I also bag a 1.1 QOLS for dead straight shots. I have two SOLS in the bin at home that will replace the QOLS for late fall through early spring.

What run SOLS? What do the stamps look like?

They're definitely new runs. Have the Greek soldier looking guy on them; if I recall correctly they are 1.9.

I'll have to dig them out later tonight.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Gotcha...the one I have on the way is the stamp before that one. Tye dye too...

Gotcha...the one I have on the way is the stamp before that one. Tye dye too...

I've tried several SOLS and my favorite run is 1.10. Pretty much all the ones I've found in used bins have been tye dye.

I've tried several SOLS and my favorite run is 1.10. Pretty much all the ones I've found in used bins have been tye dye.

It's really a shame Academy Sports doesn't carry Millennium anymore. They always had a good selection of SOLS.

I don't buy into flight numbers too much, but I was looking at a profile of the Savant, and the wing looks similar to the OLS. I've never held a savant, but have a bunch of OLS'. Can anyone who has both chime in to say if they might share a lower wing? Reviews say the savant can be pretty overstable. Any comparisons between star versions of these discs?

I don't buy into flight numbers too much, but I was looking at a profile of the Savant, and the wing looks similar to the OLS. I've never held a savant, but have a bunch of OLS'. Can anyone who has both chime in to say if they might share a lower wing? Reviews say the savant can be pretty overstable. Any comparisons between star versions of these discs?

seeing as no one has answered I'll try to give some input.

It's been at least 8 years if not 10 since I've held/thrown an OLS.

It's been 2 (but probably 3) years since I've thrown a Savant.

I throw CD2s. I tested the Savant for that slot. It was not going to fit (for me). It (the Savant) did not have the glide of the CD2, the penetration, or the turn. Per your post, yes the Savant was quite overstable in comparison.

The OLS (I want to say) is based of the Sidewinder. Which I think the CD2 is as well. An OLS and CD2 will be fairly close with the CD2 probably showing a bit more HSS.

In my opinion you won't replace the OLS with a Savant.

If you also throw OLFs you could likely replace the OLF with a Savant.

Latest posts