• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] OS Roc Type Disc

Horsman

Pandamonium Discs
Gold level trusted reviewer
So I have been looking for a truly OS Roc for quite a long time now. I have yet to ever try a Kenny 4x or a battle roc mainly because of the price. But I am looking for a disc that will fill a truly OS Roc slot. Right now Im using a gator which I like but would rather bag a mid that is a larger diameter and has the same feel as the roc. If I coudl find a gator flight in a roc/roc type disc I would be happy. And in Premium Plastic. Suggestions?

Justice - Too OS and doesnt feel like a roc
Verdict - Feels good, but not OS Enough
Buzz OS - Doesnt feel like a roc

Last edited:
So I have been looking for a truly OS Roc for quite a long time now. I have yet to ever try a Kenny 4x or a battle roc mainly because of the price. But I am looking for a disc that will fill a truly OS Roc slot. Right now Im using a gator which I like but would rather bag a mid that is a larger diameter and has the same feel as the roc. If I coudl find a gator flight in a roc/roc type disc I would be happy. Suggestions?

Justice - Too OS and doesnt feel like a roc
Verdict - Feels good, but not OS Enough
Buzz OS - Doesnt feel like a roc

I will be solving this issue by the end of the year with the RDG Gila... :D

In the meantime, the Gateway Warrior is a fantastic choice in this slot. The only issue is the wild variance in plastic feels.

Protege Ghost

Ive tried and liked the ghost, but not really any of their premium plastics. A lot were too stiff for my liking and they still would flip into a headwind.

But that newest run of their base line feels and flys great.

In the meantime, the Gateway Warrior is a fantastic choice in this slot. The only issue is the wild variance in plastic feels.

Premium Plastic please

Never tried the pain, I thought it was a smaller diameter for mids?

Could be. I really don't pay a lot of attention to diameter. I bought a Pain and Mace at the same time. The Pain was more OS and I was happy with my Bard flight, so I kept the Mace which was straight to fade to go along with my Truths that just barely fade at all. A buddy of mine is trying out that Pain for his OS mid, as he flicks more than I do.

I was thinking along the same lines. But a Gateway Demon. Grab an Evo Demon and hold on for Beeftown! Might need to end up getting a Sure Grip Demon and throw it into a few trees and across some concrete to beat it in a little and lose some of the meat wagon. However, it's one of the strongest OS mids I've ever thrown. Like a Wasp jacked up with Roid Rage. Personally, I love it for it's job, but prefer a Hornet for the feel of the plastic. Evolution from Gateway is a nice plastic, but not my favorite.

I loved the vector when they first came out but to me it was the same a rancho roc to me. Still would flip when the winds are up.

Yeah that bigger diameter is kind of a bitch for strong headwinds with this type of mid. I tried using smaller/faster ones with little addes stability but went back to vector.

Ill just toss a fairway if its THAT windy now.

Yeah that bigger diameter is kind of a bitch for strong headwinds with this type of mid. I tried using smaller/faster ones with little addes stability but went back to vector.

Ill just toss a fairway if its THAT windy now.

My thoughts exactly. I have champ rancho rocs that are OS as crap and cant get to fly straight at all, but when I try to power then down they dont have crap for lss .

Keeps it simple too. Im sure you have a fairway or 2 even already in the bag which would work as well if not better given extreme headwind. I kept looking at that OS mid like wtf are you doing in my bag?!

Latest posts