• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] OS Roc Type Disc

The newest run of z wasps are beef,more so than older runs. I threw the TI for a bit but they were pretty straight for the most part. Idk if the New z wasp I threw was a fluke but I have a friend who told me to try them for the same reason so it could be the latest run.

I have a couple friends that throw the DF maces that look pretty beefy in flight,I've not thrown one yet so I can't speak from experience. Heavy opto pain might do it as well

Been a long time since I've thrown a Drone, so not sure if it's wide diameter, but it certainly has the flight you're wanting... Even if it doesn't feel all that similar to a Roc.

Keeps it simple too. Im sure you have a fairway or 2 even already in the bag which would work as well if not better given extreme headwind. I kept looking at that OS mid like wtf are you doing in my bag?!

I took out a Gator 6 months ago and throw a firebird in its place and couldn't be happier

q-sentinel has a relatively similar feel in hand and significantly more OS flight than a roc

I don't know how similar the hand feel is to a Roc, but the Westside Bard looks like it would fill this slot nicely. From the videos I've seen, it looks quite OS. They compared it to a Mace and the Bard was more OS. It is the same diameter as a Roc and has a bead, so it might fill this slot nicely. In my own bag I use a USDGC champ Rancho Roc for the OS slot, but I don't think I throw as far as you do, nor do we get super strong winds around here most of the time, so I don't need much more beef than that. I used to bag a sparkle champ Gator, but I dropped it in favor of an all-Roc mid range lineup.

Domey roc3?

The new Hyzerbomb MOAB perhaps? (which is a tachyon 4.1, which is a viper)

I liked my flat z wasp, definitely over stable, but it's not a gator. None of these discs are gators.

I guess what I'm saying is, I dunno. But I don't think any of these are going to cut it if you need a gator stability. Fun to try plastic though.

Haven't tried a sentinel so I won't bag on that.

I took out a Gator 6 months ago and throw a firebird in its place and couldn't be happier

How do you deal with skips? The gator can be thrown low and flat and not skip, the same cannot be said for a firebird.

I see that you could get a similar lie by throwing the firebird on a big hyzer but that's a different line altogether. (And sometime not possible)

How do you deal with skips? The gator can be thrown low and flat and not skip, the same cannot be said for a firebird.

I see that you could get a similar lie by throwing the firebird on a big hyzer but that's a different line altogether. (And sometime not possible)

Huh? What type of Gator do you have? Both the champ and star Gators I've thrown were skip machines. Throw low and flat, they definitely always skip on hard ground. Maybe DX Gators do not skip, but he stipulated premium plastic so I'm guessing he threw a premium plastic Gator as well.

Ti wasp or flat z. I havent tried them personally but the ledgstone esps r supposed to be nice and overstable

San Marino mold Q-Sentinels fit the bill perfectly. Wider diameter, similar bead, and slightly lower profile than a Rancho Roc, with more beef and distance potential. Although they aren't very easy to come by nowadays. The recent glow Brinster Sentinels are still beefier than all but my flat '04 USDGC Rocs, but not the same as the old mold. I carry Q-Sents and a Champ Rancho. Sent for beef at higher power, but I love how Champ Ranchos power down. My Gator came out once I learned this pairing. And my Zone is barely seeing any time in the air.

I had an 05? USDGC Champ Rancho Roc (Nate Doss stamp) and that thing was almost Gator overstable.

Very domey and stiff.

So there's that.

Didn't they run some Glow FLX Wasps?

Those are probably pretty OS.

I havent tried one yet, but the people in my area are saying that the Westside Bard is like an overstable flat top roc

Latest posts