• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Overstable complement to the Comet

maybe a star rancho roc, still has the dome and bead like a comet. everybody know the roc is the best compliment to the comet, it has the same speed and covers the other end of the spectrum perfectly. discraft throwers just use a wasp because it's the best they can get without breaking their contract.

db7dbcb08d2fb053608bd08dc1ecf1cd.jpg

Ok, so now I am at wasp or roc3 again. Want something similar in feel to the Comet.

The Ghost is literally a good Roc in premo plastic, so it won't beat in as fast as a KC pro or DX lol and it has the dome and bead to give a similar feel as a comet. I have four Icons, and they all fly the same, so consistency isn't an issue with them like it can be with Rocs (at least it isn't an issue yet)

Edit: Wasp and Roc3 don't have the dome that a Comet does, so there is more of a difference in feel between them

You're killing me Smalls. Just get a light Roc3. :thmbup:

Perhaps...

Thanks jrawk. That actually doesn't look like it would feel too different than a Comet. Still has a bead, so that's a good thing.

The Ghost is literally a good Roc in premo plastic, so it won't beat in as fast as a KC pro or DX lol and it has the dome and bead to give a similar feel as a comet. I have four Icons, and they all fly the same, so consistency isn't an issue with them like it can be with Rocs (at least it isn't an issue yet)

Edit: Wasp and Roc3 don't have the dome that a Comet does, so there is more of a difference in feel between them

I just had a Ghost and was super OATing it, but this was before I went back to the Comet. However, it is kinda in my head now, so I am looking for a fresh start.

Perhaps...

I just had a Ghost and was super OATing it, but this was before I went back to the Comet. However, it is kinda in my head now, so I am looking for a fresh start.

Gotcha, some discs just click and others don't. If you still have a Ghost, though, I would recommend trying it out again before spending money on another disc. Either way, I hope you find the disc you are looking for :thmbup:

Gotcha, some discs just click and others don't. If you still have a Ghost, though, I would recommend trying it out again before spending money on another disc. Either way, I hope you find the disc you are looking for :thmbup:

Thanks man. I do have an Excel left, so I might toss it in the bag for the next round.

Comet, Roc, Buzz, Wasp, Hornet, Roc3, ect... all 'feel' the same.

If your Buzz/Roc isn't doing it for you, go Wasp/Roc3. Not beefy enough, then go Hornet. Or, throw a Sinus really hard.

Still not sure what you're looking for, maybe throw an OS driver in that wind.

Thanks man. I do have an Excel left, so I might toss it in the bag for the next round.

Excel will definitely be more understable than Icon, but if you like the feel of it, then look into an Icon. I have three at max weight and they are pretty beefy, but not a meat hook.

Try a ROC if not that there is a Z Wasp. If you want more OS a disc that is closer in feel but need to buy from Innova Disc Golf Pro Shop in the Limited Section is the Odd flight Commander, a disc that does an S flight but Dumps hard at the end from when I tested such a disc.

Gateway Prophecy

quite the necrobump :clap:

my answer to this has varied over the years: DX Roc, Wasp, Aftershock...currently the aftershock in my complimentary disc. Flies right between a wasp and a buzzz, slots in perfectly between my comets and drone.

I live in windy country and don't carry one, unless you count a powered down FD.

Wow that's bold. For about a year I only carried 2 mids - a flippyish comet and my old trusty M2. I've recently slipped a newer Z Comet in for super straight shots or shots that require an anny from start to finish instead of needing flight to flip over. However, this weekend I tried a flat release shot with the newer Z Comet in a decent headwind and it flipped all the way over and died.

Wow that's bold. For about a year I only carried 2 mids - a flippyish comet and my old trusty M2. I've recently slipped a newer Z Comet in for super straight shots or shots that require an anny from start to finish instead of needing flight to flip over. However, this weekend I tried a flat release shot with the newer Z Comet in a decent headwind and it flipped all the way over and died.

I had a roc3 in the bag for a bit, just never really threw it. The way I play, an over stable mid doesn't get much use, the Fd flies like a roc3 if you power it down. Or I'll put more hyzer on a comet, between the two I cover that spot.

I use a Gila. It has a similar rim but is much flatter. Z comet and Amber Gila should cover everything.

As a bit of a Comet addict(3 in the bag at all times), the overstable compliment is probably the most common slot in my dg bag that gets rotated because it is tough to find something that you like. Anyway...here's my list of disc's that are a solid compliment to the Comet. These are in no certain order.

- Discmania Method
- Innova Champ Roc or Roc3
- DD Verdict
- Discraft Z-Wasp
- DGA Quake
- Discmania C-Line MD4
- Lat64 Bard

Currently I'm bagging the Discmania Method as my overstable compliment. It's glide, in my opinion, is most similar to a comet than the others in my list while still maintaining overstability.

Latest posts