• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Overstable mid battle

jmoody

Suspect vs Mace vs MD1
I am looking for a new os midrange and these are the 3 I have my eye on. Who comes out on top for you and why?
Also I am off drones and gators.

None of these are near as OS as a Gator or Drone. These are more of straight with fade mids. The Mace and Suspect are similar in flight, Mace is just a little further.

Do you mean Prodigy M1 or Discmania MD1? I'm pretty sure the MD1 is more of a neutral mid than overstable. As listed above, why no Gator or Drone? Also, why not the Demon?

My bad. Yeah the prodigy M1. Ive been up and down with drones forever. Didnt think about the demon

My bad. Yeah the prodigy M1. Ive been up and down with drones forever. Didnt think about the demon

The M1 will be closest to the Drone/Gator you're used to. Definitely the most OS of the 3 you mentioned.

Suspect, nice shallow profile, and the stability differences between lucid and bio fusion are nice, i can flick the suspect full power without worrying about it turning over and the lucid is a nice straight flyer

I over looked it but it looks like the pain is more os than the mace. Who throws them?. Basically I really like latitude plastic and wanna lean that way.

I over looked it but it looks like the pain is more os than the mace. Who throws them?. Basically I really like latitude plastic and wanna lean that way.

Yes, Pain is more OS than Mace.

My GL Mace is just about beat in straight -- way more quickly than i anticipated. It is starting to overlap my comets.

FWIW, i recommend trying Discraft Z Hornets. Rather low profile, great feel, and astonishing good glide for an OS Mid.

I could never jive with the hornet. The shallow rim and shoulder design on those things completely screwed with my release.

I would have said Drone too. I haven't thrown mine since I picked up a GL Pain, but the Pain isn't really that overstable. I can put a bit of turn on it backhand and get a really nice flight out of it. It's more similar to a Roc in that regard.

Yeah if you want less overstable than a drone, zone, demon, or gator but still want very overstable than a m1, m3, pain, hornet, tensor, or suspect will do the trick. They will be longer, turnable in headwinds, and less flex and forehand friendly.