• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Overstable Mid

I should mention,i have a gator glow champ roc but I hardly ever need to throw the roc and the gator is usually a utility disc for me. Majoriry of the time, I throw a heavy glo buzzz to compliment my other buzzz. It can handle a good amount of wind.

Results are meaningless as to actual quality or usefulness of the discs. Innova and Discraft will always win due to their distribution. Latitude, Westside, etc are hard to find in many places so people don't try them as much. I guess what I am trying to say is that what discs the average disc golfer or DGCR member buys and throws does not strictly correlate to what discs are best. I am surprised the Pain did as well as it did. I guess they can thank the Internet for that.

I suppose I should've been more specific. I wasn't talking about my thread, it was another thread about Overstable Mids and those were the three discs that I saw people suggesting to the guy.

No bigger, there is just more to numbers sometimes than can be seen on the surface. But thanks for all your number crunching. It does make for interesting discussion.

Yeah, in no way am I arguing with you. I would much rather buy a disc and try it then just look at numbers and say, "well not a lot of people have mentioned this so it's probably not a good disc." An example is the Westside King, probably got about 3 votes and it's became my best driver for max D. Obviously not as popular as the top Innova drivers but it has improved my distance over any other disc I've owned. And I'm happy to see you checked out the thread, glad you liked it.

Max weight glo buzzz

I've been hearing more and more about this, but I've been able to throw my Star Whippets as mid ranges with a sweet skip at the end lately. It's been working for about a dozen rounds now, so it's starting to get more comfortable. I just got a Glow Buzzz in the mail that I'm eager to check out.

To the OP, I'd agree with BCR at the moment about powering down drivers for neat overstable shots. I used to carry a Gator, but I lost it and the Whippet just happened to replace it. Not sure I'd be able to step all the way up to a Firebird rim for the control, though. Whippet just feels good with my midrange grip:

birdiegrip01.jpg

i like the demon or the blaze even tho the blaze is a driver its still slow enough to use as a midrange

If you throw mostly discraft, as others have said I'd say a wasp for just a little more stability or a drone for a meathook type of toss.

Someone said it, but a Zone is an amazing overstable mid. I know it's considered a putter, but with it's low profile and mid-type rim, it's the perfect headwind/overstable mid.

zone or champ roc work fine for me. OS mids have their place, it's all in how you use them. I understand the logic behind powering down a driver but they always seem to have too much skip to be reliably accurate, especially on courses with fast/tight greens.

Latest posts