• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Overstable Putters

I've settled on the Breaker/Drone combo.

Thrown Drones for 6+ years now, the Zone or any similar disc will not take the place of a really overstable mid and an overstable putter...I've tried and prefer the separation in flight characteristics.

I loveddddd Rhynos but they just weren't quite right for me, however the Ringer/Breaker combo is perfect. Lower profile, faster (duh), very little glide - they're everything I ever wanted in a stable/overstable putter. SP [Breaker] is more overstable than ProLine, and ProLine is more overstable than a D Ringer. With a Magnet for touch I don't need anything else, except for the occasional powered down Drone shot.

I'm with grip on this one. The more os putters I use the more I find out a breaker type disc is then most useful, along with an os mid/fairway driver/distance driver. Super beefy putters are just not my thing. Then again, 30-40 is the max wind for us here in mn. I'd rather throw an os mid which will do just as well at shorter distances instead of trying to rip a mega stable putter.

Prodiscus Jokeri. It feels like a heavy duty Pure to me. I can actually putt with it if necessary. Great for driving when its windy. Premium Jokeri is a very high quality plastic.

I love the Pig. Useful on a bunch of lines, FH and BH. And I really don't FH that many shots, either. Really like the f2 champ blizzard pigs, but the pros are nice, too.

VPs. I use them because I love Vibram's material for putting, both for the grip and the way it absorbs the chains, and because I love them for approaches. Super reliable/predictable. I have pretty big hands, so I like how the deep rim grips, too.

VP, because its the deadest of the dead.
In the circle I dont want no glide, Clyde.
Windy, or downhill I go inverted for extra dead.

I recently bought a Premium Jokeri and it's been really nice. Not super OS but decently so. Pretty close to a puddle top ESP Zone I have. The plastic feels really good and I've heard it's plenty durable, time will tell.

I played a few rounds with my all-MVP bag and found that when I wanted an overstable putter for approaching I just powered down a Vector. I didn't end up using the Ion at all (stuck with Anodes for actual putting).

VPs. I use them because I love Vibram's material for putting, both for the grip and the way it absorbs the chains, and because I love them for approaches. Super reliable/predictable. I have pretty big hands, so I like how the deep rim grips, too.

I have a VP, but it really doesn't have any glide, and they just seem to fall out of the air for me. I might give mine another try, but I just can't seem to get a lot of of it

I have a VP, but it really doesn't have any glide, and they just seem to fall out of the air for me. I might give mine another try, but I just can't seem to get a lot of of it

that's my experience with every vibram putter besides the summit. They do not glide like your typical putters IMO and can be a good/bad thing given the players style. I love drivng putters so vibrams never clicked with me as they all went straight for ~300 with a little fade and nearly impossible to shape a distance lines with. Ridge/VP are so similar i wouldn't call the VP truly OS more like an Ion vs Anode or BB Aviar vs Small b'

ElementZ got me hooked on the Credo a few months ago and I haven't looked back. Zones and Sinuses (Sini?) are getting dusty.

VP, because its the deadest of the dead.
In the circle I dont want no glide, Clyde.
Windy, or downhill I go inverted for extra dead.

I'm with Captain Jack - I like that the VP has no glide. It makes it very rangeable for putts and upshots. I'm not totally sold on it as my putting putter - sometimes I miss glide on 35'ish putts - but it's perfect for me for upshots.

that's my experience with every vibram putter besides the summit. They do not glide like your typical putters IMO and can be a good/bad thing given the players style. I love drivng putters so vibrams never clicked with me as they all went straight for ~300 with a little fade and nearly impossible to shape a distance lines with. Ridge/VP are so similar i wouldn't call the VP truly OS more like an Ion vs Anode or BB Aviar vs Small b'

Agreed - I'm not huge on the VP for driving. I'll probably try out a driving putter at some point.

I have a gummy champ Rhyno that i use in this slot, i use it for windy upshots, hyzer line driving , and short forehand upshots. I've considered using a more overstable putter for the slot but this thing is plenty and i can always back off on the gator i use if i need something really ridiculous.

I love my trusty Champ Rhyno. I can make it do almost anything. If I really rip on it anhyzer it will hold for awhile and still come out of it. Holds hyzers like a champ (obviously) and is really comfortable and controllable for short flick upshots.

I dig the panzer as of late. So good

I didn't care for it, but I'm really digging the Tank. I never owned one of the old Tanks, but I have thrown them, and the new ones are very similar. The Pro Pig and the Panzer are dueling an epic battle to be my true driving putter right now.

I also use the Breaker, but it's a little more versatile as well as being a little longer than a "true" putter. My KC Aviars handle most of my upshots and putts though. I love putters.

Discmania P3

Was using a champ Rhyno, but the P3 just feels better and releases cleaner. P3 also has more glide, so it throws more familiar. I also like the gator for put and upshots. I view these as utility discs. When the wind is up I put with them. Mostly I use them when the basket is tucked behind a tree and I am 20-60ft farther out from said tree.

Z-z-z-zone. Pure beef.

I use a fresh s or ss wizard or a z zone for many of these shots but the zone is very fast so I have to be more careful even though it is a total meathook.