• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paige Pierce BIG ace.

^^^This. I'd be lucky if I got a 3 on that hole...much less aced it. Yea, any ace requires a little luck. But, to even have a chance at that hole shows Paige's great skill.

I can't believe that some of you are trying to discredit this ace...

That is still an amazing shot, even if it only plays at " 370' ". This girl could whoop most of our asses...and I think some more people here need to realize that.

If discredit means to apply credit appropriately, then fine.

I just don't want to feel like, "since I can't throw 550', I could NEVER ace this hole"... when fact, since I can throw 400', I COULD have a chance at acing it. Big difference.

You've only been playing for .3 years according DGCR. Yeah I believe you could through 550 downhill.

I'd bet my dollars to your donuts that your noodle arm cant throw that shot

Don't know why you guys got butt hurt, I'm not taking any credit away from her ace. It's the most insane ace I've ever heard of. Plus today on the same hole she hit metal again. She's a great player and that's good distance for a woman. But you guys assume that because I have only been playing for a few months and that I'm only 15 years old I have a noodle arm, but I can throw over 400 with my PD relatively consistently in the field. I accredit that to the helpful people on these forums and some natural athleticism and a lot of childhood sports, lifting weights started a few months ago, and of course a lot of field work compared to course time. I can post a video later this week from the field with me throwing a PD and over 400 feet and a teebird 380, after this tropical storm passes over of course. Again, I apologize if my comment came off wrong, I by no means could ever pull off such a shot that Paige did.

Last edited:
I hope some of you long d$cks start realizing that light drivers go far, I love the noobs that swear by the max weight only discs. Basically every guy I know that throws in the 450-500 range has light stuff in the 165-170 range, sometimes lighter. Max weight is better for headwinds overall. Paige shoots a ton of 1000 rated rounds, so do many other womens players. They are getting so good they are top players in the world reguardless of sex.

Blind aces are always pure luck. Most visible aces are pure luck. There are too many natural and physical factors involved, and when you add human to the equation it is like winning the lottery. that is why aces are so awesome, so stop hating and maybe you will get as lucky as she did.

Blind aces are always pure luck. Most visible aces are pure luck. There are too many natural and physical factors involved, and when you add human to the equation it is like winning the lottery. that is why aces are so awesome, so stop hating and maybe you will get as lucky as she did.

:rolleyes:

Yeah... ok.

So me acing the same hole 4 times now with the same disc and the same thumber line has all been luck... I don't buy that. I've come ridiculously close countless other times, but could tell within 2 seconds of it leaving my hand that it wasnt in. Seriously, put a 5 M rind around the basket and I'll put it within that circle 9/10 times, and the 10th time wasn't because I didn't get lucky. It's because I didn't throw my shot correctly.

But the skill it takes (no offense) for a women to be able to throw that far and that accurate... I wish I could do that...

So me acing the same hole 4 times now with the same disc and the same thumber line has all been luck... I don't buy that. I've come ridiculously close countless other times, but could tell within 2 seconds of it leaving my hand that it wasnt in. Seriously, put a 5 M rind around the basket and I'll put it within that circle 9/10 times, and the 10th time wasn't because I didn't get lucky. It's because I didn't throw my shot correctly.

any ace requires a certain amount of 'luck'. when you hit the chains from that distance it's very easy for the disc to pop out. it takes skill to get close as you are describing, but anytime that you hit chains and it sticks, a certain amount of 'luck' or 'good fortune' or whatever you want to call it has to come into play.

That is like saying shooting a 3 pointer is all luck, yet some players hit thier 3's 30% more than other players. It is because they are more skilled. Sure luck plays a portion, but skill is still needed to make a shot like that. Nearly everyone here in congratulating, you are hating by belittling her accomplishment.

We have a nice lil trend going on..

1st - Shock and Awe
2nd - Congratulatory shots all around
3rd - Denial
4th - Haters
5th - Skeptics
6th - Defenders of the World

Let's chip in.

PLP is from Texas.
This tournament is in New England.
What are the odds that she has seen this course and dialed in the throw?
Much less with a flippy 150g Nuke. Into a tight gap.

Ace, Metal. 100lbs soaking wet tossing that sucker.. Way to go champ.

:p
Doesnt get aces so there all luck to him till he hits one. HAHAHA

Of course blind aces require luck...but "pure" luck, fat chance. My brother who throws a huge noob hyzer on a right turning hole, IN NO WAY, has the same chance that I do of hitting an ace.

Latest posts