• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paige Pierce loses huge opportunity

Nobody wants to be given a win. Regardless of whether or not Sarah most likely would have won on her own, had the accident not occurred.

This. Hands down.

Pierce was ready to lay up on the last hole to give Sarah a chance to win. It ended up being a chance to tie and Sarah did not make her jump putt (her putting looks awkward in general and I would suggest she work on that over the off season). Paige was not going to hand her the title now should she, but she did give her the trophy.

So I guess big Jerm is an ass for beating McBeth after he had his bag stolen.

Or the time Feldberg had a blister on his finger; or when Jenkins had a nightmare before the final and didn't sleep a wink. or me when the dog ate my homework, for reals.

E T C .

Everyone has crap happen to them. Too bad for Hokom, but thems the breaks kid.

I just can't understand how people can be so convinced that intentionally throwing a game is a good thing? I really cannot.

I just think Paige Pierce lost a huge opportunity to purposefully throw the game on the green of that final hole.

Thoughts?

Throw the game? What are you even on about? You don't grow the sport / increase the profile of the sport / whatever by throwing games. It's a bad break, but throwing a championship would make outsiders think the whole thing is one big joke.

Are you actually serious?

This is why during the Indy 500 when there's a car crash or someone runs out of gas when they're in the lead everyone stops and waits for him to get the lead again. Same thing happens when the star player of a baseball, basketball, football team during a "world championship" gets injured on or off the court the opposing team just lets them win. Remember the British Open this year when Rory Mcilroy hurt his ankle and they gave him the title anyway? Oh wait none of this happened...hmmmmmm

Throw the game? What are you even on about? You don't grow the sport / increase the profile of the sport / whatever by throwing games. It's a bad break, but throwing a championship would make outsiders think the whole thing is one big joke.

Are you actually serious?

Pdga and wwe could become a joint venture. Anyone wanna play dubs? We could be the free birds of disc golf and play the Lynard skynyrd song as our walk up music.

Perfect axemple ^^^

Oh wait, that was really disrespectful to the sport of running, or so says non-athletes on a disc golf forum.

People giving the win to a competitor as an act of sportsmanship...

Sportsmanship isn't the right word in this context. I'd call it sympathy instead. Sportsmanship requires you to respect the game as well as your competitors. Giving a win away disrespects the spirit of earnest competition for everyone. But, if headlines are all you are interested in, then I see your point.

Imagine if the final 9 card decided to arrange the winners based on who gave the most money to charity that year....

Never thought I'd ever be asking this, but why was this thread pulled out of the landfill?

No, giving her the trophy after the tournament was over was an example of sympathy.

Perfect axemple ^^^

Oh wait, that was really disrespectful to the sport of running, or so says non-athletes on a disc golf forum.

Are you an athlete?

Must be All-State, Varsity Letter Jacket guy.

How many games have you thrown?

After reading most of the responses here, I think it would be pretty ridiculous for Paige to purposely lose but if I was put in that situation, I probably would have done it. I would have inconspicuously blown a shot at a point where I knew Cat wouldn't win and it would benefit Sarah and hope it worked. Then I would take it to the grave and try to convince myself that it was the right thing to do.

I'm sure Paige thought pretty hard about it before going into the semis and/or finals. It's not easy seeing one of your best friends hurting and knowing that you're taking something from them that they truely earned/deserved.

I look at it like this...sure I want to grow the sport and give it some legitimacy. You don't want to make a joke out of the championship by having someone throw the game. The real joke is the winner getting $2,500. Or having 5 foot faults called on you. Or Crazy John Brooks.

Never thought I'd ever be asking this, but why was this thread pulled out of the landfill?
Just because people cry to put something in the landfill doesn't mean it should be. It is a very relevant topic that just happened in disc golf. It appears that people have vastly different views on the topic. This is okay. Most people aren't being disrespectful with their opinions. Do you think a thread should be landfilled just because you disagree with it?

Just because people cry to put something in the landfill doesn't mean it should be. It is a very relevant topic that just happened in disc golf. It appears that people have vastly different views on the topic. This is okay. Most people aren't being disrespectful with their opinions. Do you think a thread should be landfilled just because you disagree with it?

Any thread you're this involved in should really stay in the fill

Latest posts