• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paige Pierce To Discraft 2020

So PP is shutting down her website and Discraft is shutting down?
Any other time we would all be freaking out about a disc manufacturer shutting down operations but these are weird times so we just shake our heads and say we understand.

Wonder what PP next Rating update will end up? She have made quite a few +1000 rated rounds in 2020
But the two bad rounds at WACO might drag her rating down?

Fun to see a Surge SS in her bag. .

Looks like she mostly throws . . ZEUS, SURGE SS, BUZZZ, BANGER GT and Fierce ( CryZtal and Proto )
She throws the Undertaker sometimes but not that often. . .and the ESP Raptor

Wonder what PP next Rating update will end up? She have made quite a few +1000 rated rounds in 2020

Looks like she mostly throws . . ZEUS, SURGE SS, BUZZZ, BANGER GT and Fierce ( CryZtal and Proto )

She threw a Surge SS back in the day when she was on team Discraft so familiarity is already there. She pretty much threw the same 5 discs the whole tournament at the Preserve, and really the same Zeus/Surge SS off the tee on at least half of the holes.

Surges are sweet, they are basically a wraith, so a Surge SS is a beat up wraith, great choice for a control distance driver.

Last edited:
She threw a Surge SS back in the day when she was on team Discraft so familiarity is already there. She pretty much threw the same 5 discs the whole tournament at the Preserve, and really the same Zeus/Surge SS off the tee on at least half of the holes.

Surges are sweet, they are basically a wraith, so a Surge SS is a beat up wraith, great choice for a control distance driver.

I have a Surge SS Dye and mine is just as stable as my Wraiths. . . so one of the few Discraft drivers i have never tested is the normal Surge. . i figured that i did not want a more OS Surge SS.
The Surge SS is quite stable for me. . .not that far of my least stable Zeus

I have a Surge SS Dye and mine is just as stable as my Wraiths. . . so one of the few Discraft drivers i have never tested is the normal Surge. . i figured that i did not want a more OS Surge SS.
The Surge SS is quite stable for me. . .not that far of my least stable Zeus

I always thought the Surge flew like a slightly mellower Wraith. The kind of disc you can turn over if you really put your mind to it. Surges are neutral and will hold pretty much whatever line you put them on.

I'm sure Paige will keep the Surge SS in the bag. She threw that disc well, and was routinely outdriving the other women on the card by a lot with it.

I wonder if she's dabbled with the Crank at all.....

She was talking about the guys at the Discraft factory pushing the Banger GT in her 'bag building' series, but said that she expected there would be no way she'd opt for it over the Zone.

Wonder what caused the change in thinking there.

She was talking about the guys at the Discraft factory pushing the Banger GT in her 'bag building' series, but said that she expected there would be no way she'd opt for it over the Zone.

Wonder what caused the change in thinking there.

Paige is one of the few player that throws a straight line to the target on approches or short drives.
Most players throws a OS disc like the Zone on those shots. . Paige just throws her CryZtal Fierce or Banger GT straight at the target. . .to me thats a much harde shot, but it works for Paige

Paige is one of the few player that throws a straight line to the target on approches or short drives.
Most players throws a OS disc like the Zone on those shots. . Paige just throws her CryZtal Fierce or Banger GT straight at the target. . .to me thats a much harde shot, but it works for Paige

The straight shot is harder to range for me, but easier to execute vs my FH approach shots with a Zone. All I know is that my approach game is the strongest part if my game right now, besides scrambling.

Paige was back to her "not to smart play" this weekend. . .some REALLY bad drives and bad choices
To jump putt OB on 14. . .wow

Hard for her to ever get to a 1000 rated if she plays like this. . all or nothing

She's 988 as of today.

That's super impressive.

I remember seeing her saying that she wanted to hit 1000 when she was about 970, and thinking it was impossible. Not because she's not amazing, or because she's a woman, but just because of how far away she was and how hard it is to improve that much when you're already so good.

I'm not saying she'll make it, because 1000 is still a huge leap from 988, but I applaud her for that kind of effort and improvement and look forward to seeing if she can climb to even greater heights. I don't doubt that it's possible anymore! Congrats Paige, bravo! :thmbup:

Impressive but she can't play like she did this weekend if she ever going to reach 1000

Odd to see hokom so high.....

Impressive but she can't play like she did this weekend if she ever going to reach 1000

Odd to see hokom so high.....

At a guess, being aggressive is what is making her rating go up. It is something you hear mentioned frequently in coverage, that she has consciously decided to be more aggressive.

Sure, she is going to take bad scores at times, but she isn't going to beat the field by the number of strokes required to hit 1000 if she doesn't consciously look for decent percentage chances to lower her score.

Hell, it's not like she doesn't make 50 foot putts on the regular.

Why is that odd?

It just feels like she does not beat Cat, Tattar, Henna or Evelina that often...but Hokom is higher rated than all of them

And yes Paige needs to be aggressive to get to a 1000.. ...she sometimes play harder than she needs just to win....she plays to be the greatest

For now most of her game is at 1000 level...the one week side in her game is that she spreads her hard drives to much....and that hurt her on wooded courses

Two traits to get to 1000, Paige or anyone for that matter, needs to develop the mid-range distance of a 1000 rated player for power shot accuracy in the woods (and staying inbounds), and learn to be as successfully aggressive as 1000 rated players, all men so far. There are no female 1000 rated role models she can emulate.

Don't ever under estimate Paige Pierce. I can guarantee you that there is a lot of self reflection going on with her right now, but she will be back just as aggressive and amazing as ever. Sarah Hokum is way better than she gets credit for. Nothing flashy, but she is steady, hard working, and always in the middle of it.

Let's face it, the FPO division has gotten super competitive, and there are a number of players who can dominate on any given day. You are just not going to win every event throughout the season. Fun stuff to watch!:thmbup:

Yes I'm sure she is self reflecting now, but she just can't make 903 rounds as a 988 rated player.
She spreads her drives to much...but at the preserve that did not matter much..but in the woods you will pay for bad tee shots

Yes hokom is good, but now she's higher rated than eveliina and henna and I don't think she's ever beaten them but I might be wrong...it's just hard for me to se her as the 2nd best FPO player at the moment

Yes hokom is good, but now she's higher rated than eveliina and henna and I don't think she's ever beaten them but I might be wrong...it's just hard for me to se her as the 2nd best FPO player at the moment

But she's always in contention. The way I understand ratings, you could be the #1 in the world and never win an event. Just finish top 3 every time. Don't go 1st, 2nd, 47th, 88th, 108th, 1st 1st. Consistent good finished will get you there.

Please, someone, correct me if I'm mistaken.

A common mistake a lot of people do, even at a high level, is that they tend to rush and/or overly aggressively play 2nd/3rd shots/putts when they aren't in position to score. It's like they ceded that hole and want to get it over with as quickly as possible and get onto the next hole to get into a position to score, or they try and score from a place where they're not in a position to do so and end up giving up more strokes over the course of the round than gain them. Paige's play is fantastically dominant, but I see her fall trap into this from time to time. It seems to get Simon and Eagle sometimes as well. Tends to be much more prevalent in the younger < 30 crowd. You can play fast, or you can play aggressive, but playing fast AND aggressive seems to be a part of this.

Latest posts