• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Parked: Let's Settle the Debate Once and for All

Which Disc(s) are parked?

• White

Votes: 316 78.6%
  • Yellow

Votes: 314 78.1%
  • Green

Votes: 272 67.7%
  • Orange

Votes: 146 36.3%
  • 2nd Green

Votes: 66 16.4%

• Total voters
This thread has actually changed my mind on what "parked" means. I believe that smyith finally sold me with his comparison to a "gimme".

Now where's the DGR guy that said nothing ever gets accomplished here?

This thread has actually changed my mind on what "parked" means. I believe that smyith finally sold me with his comparison to a "gimme".

These terms are subjective, so if a gimme is still a putt by others definition you'd have to put it in the basket to make it parked. (Ace)

Pssh, opinions! Meh, if you can't reach out and sit in inside the basket from your lie. You aren't parked people. If the disc has to come out of your hand and not be suspended by the basket the instant your hand leaves it. Not parked! So people with longer arms have a bigger parking range?!

But, I've actually heard someone refer to it as a parking lot. Anywhere on the lot is parked, some are better than others. If that's the case. Zenny needs handicapable parking spots.

Definition 1) It's parked if...it's truly a can't miss putt. Not an easy putt that we should all make, but one that even the worst of putters can make, requiring no putting skill whatsoever... a
n00b sinks it with wind in his face. Just 'cause it's easy, doesn't mean it's parked,..just means you didn't blow an easy putt.

Definition 2: It's parked if... Mother Nature doesn't decide if you Duece or Par. If it's parked, you can sink the putt, even in a hurricane...consistently. I've seen strong wind mess up putts from 6' or so, they weren't parked.

Definition 3: It's parked if...you feel obliged to tip the Valet.
If it's remotely conceivable someone could miss it, it ain't parked.

All five are parked. Can't you guys putt??
Seriously if I put my drive in any of those places I am psyched and I am making that putt.

First three without a doubt. The other two should be easy birdies but they are not parked.

what's the once and for all answer? did i miss it?

i have to agree with the argument that where you threw from has something to do with whether or not at that moment you would call it parked.

if you throw from 10ft and go past it 5ft. would you say you parked it on that throw?

if you throw from 400ft and go past 20ft. would you say you parked it on that throw?

Parked means you make the putt 100% of the time. I'm voting orange, but if I were a better putter I'd probably vote white.

I call it parked if it looks like it's within 10' from the basket from where I threw it. It doesn't matter if it's actually 25' away, if perspective and foreshortening make it look like its 8' out when I'm still 300' away from the pin. So on a 200' hole only the first 3, but increase the distance, and I'd probably call them all parked at some point.

exactly! as in "parked under the basket".:hfive:

nope wrong. youre adding context to the term. "its parked, under the basket" is different from "its parked"....see the difference?

Pssh, opinions! Meh, if you can't reach out and sit in inside the basket from your lie. You aren't parked people. If the disc has to come out of your hand and not be suspended by the basket the instant your hand leaves it. Not parked! So people with longer arms have a bigger parking range?!

once again you are confusing a 'gimme' with being 'parked'. two different terms. if they were meant to mean the same thing then theyd be called the same thing....GO GO LOGIC!!!!

nope wrong. youre adding context to the term. "its parked, under the basket" is different from "its parked"....see the difference?

Yeah, I see the difference.

"It's parked under the basket " is where the phrase came from, because it makes sense with the context. Your interpretation (parked without context) is meaningless.

Yeah, I see the difference.

"It's parked under the basket " is where the phrase came from, because it makes sense with the context. Your interpretation (parked without context) is meaningless.

its not meaningless. its a broader term. you could say 'its parked 20' from the basket'. and are you sure thats where the term comes from?

We have such meaningful debates around here. :|

troll debates are always interesting. what are we supposed to do, for one reason or another we cant go play disc. so we might as well argue over semantics for amusement or to pass the time.

Parked is a drop in.

This makes me think of: "I almost aced..." I only say I almost aced a hole if I hit some metal (not pole), I've got a buddy, anything close is an almost ace and have played with a guy that a shot sitting on the ground in front of the basket (parked) is an almost ace.

Just looking at the poll results right now. Out of 250 voters, only 195 think that the white disc is parked? I'm glad that this is all settled now. :rolleyes:

Just looking at the poll results right now. Out of 250 voters, only 195 think that the white disc is parked? I'm glad that this is all settled now. :rolleyes:
I'm thinking some of them picked the outer-most one they thought was parked.

Actually I don't think that at all. I think 55 are smartasses. :)

Latest posts