• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paul McBeth #27523

Has Paul peaked yet?

I think 2019 was his physical peak. But 10' down from the top of Everest is still higher than any other place on earth. And I don't think he's peaked as far as his desire to win, which has always been the strongest part of his game. That, or the fact that he knows how to peak at the right time.

Has Paul's ability to peak at the right time peaked?

Congrats to the champ. Best wishes on getting another 6.

Perhaps Toby Keith said it best.

I ain't as good as I once was
That's just the cold hard truth
I still throw a few back, talk a little smack
When I'm feelin' bullet proof
So don't double-dog dare me now
'Cause I'd have to call your bluff
I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm as good once
As I ever was
May not be good as I once was, but I'm as good once
As I ever was

Last edited:
Also, looks like McBeth is going to have another shot at being the first player to cash $100k in winnings this year. He's at $71k. Assuming the payouts are roughly the same as last year, he'll have to win an event or two in order to make 6 figures in tourney winnings.

Ricky, Simon, and Calvin are all above 50k and have an outside chance of hitting that number, but would roughly have to average second place or better over the final four big events.

It just shows how good Paul is....He wasnt "on" all week, he struggled with some aspects of his game, but in the end, he won

Aaron played the best 5 rounds he could, and at his best, he couldnt edge out Paul. Paul at his "worst" for 5 rounds, still better than the rest of the field

It just shows how good Paul is....He wasnt "on" all week, he struggled with some aspects of his game, but in the end, he won

Aaron played the best 5 rounds he could, and at his best, he couldnt edge out Paul. Paul at his "worst" for 5 rounds, still better than the rest of the field

Well, he averaged 1054 golf, so technically Paul's above average.

Just for clarification, Paul was not at his worst at the worlds. Just not at his best. And he was at his best when it counted.

Just for clarification, Paul was not at his worst at the worlds. Just not at his best. And he was at his best when it counted.

He was good enough when it counted.

A few times he was exceptional.

On these courses and these conditions, it's not beyond reason to expect PM or RW, etc., to average double digits.

It's apparent to me that the pressure of Worlds is real and worth a handful of strokes.

He was good enough when it counted.

A few times he was exceptional.

On these courses and these conditions, it's not beyond reason to expect PM or RW, etc., to average double digits.

It's apparent to me that the pressure of Worlds is real and worth a handful of strokes.

That 70 foot putt he canned, and the putt he made on hole 16 were Paul at his best. Clutch, ice in his veins, killer instinct. I don't see the need to clarify it any more.

I mean, we are all exceptional a few times during a round of golf, but dang on this stage with this much on the line.

Good enough doesn't even come close to doing it justice.

I'm not a Paul fan boy, but hat's off to what he accomplished.

I would have loved to see Gossage lay down one more -10 to seal the deal of consistency with this particular event. I would moreso have loved to watch Matty O burn down the entire world with some absurd -17 and win.

But damn, McBeth has some clutch winning gene that is just...next level. Can't deny it.

There's something special about people who can perform at an exceptional level when the pressure's on and the world's watching.

It's inspirational to see them emerge out the other end of that meat grinder not only intact, but victorious.

It's part of why I love sports, in general: people showing us what they're made of.

I think it was Sexton who said something in the line with "if i was to pick someone to make a putt for my life with a gun to my head i would pick Paul every time"

I mean the putt he made on 17 . .the insane putt he made to go -18 a few years back..the putt in last years playoff in USDGC,,,and so many many more.

I have been a holdout on the Paul=GOAT (greatest and best are not the same imo) bus but am now sold.

As I've only been around since COVID and I've seen just a tiny bit of Climo playing, I can't help but wonder why Paul is the GOAT when Climo still has the most majors and by far the most World's?

Not saying you are wrong, just looking for more insight.

As I've only been around since COVID and I've seen just a tiny bit of Climo playing, I can't help but wonder why Paul is the GOAT when Climo still has the most majors and by far the most World's?

Not saying you are wrong, just looking for more insight.

IMO Paul's streak of first or second at Worlds in today's environment has reached the point where it surpasses Kenny's accomplishments.

IMO Paul's streak of first or second at Worlds in today's environment has reached the point where it surpasses Kenny's accomplishments.

That's fair. I generally avoid the GOAT conversations, but I think arguments can be made for either person and that is why I don't take a position other than IMO Paul and Kenny are head and shoulders above everyone else in the MPO GOAT conversation.

I may have misheard or misinterpreted.
What did Paul mean about Ken being more present? Does he mean in the literal sense? Like Ken should be active in tournaments and/or show up to the worlds to show support?

Latest posts