• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paul McBeth #27523

"Of course I'm not fully satisfied with my result, I'm trying to win every event I enter, but I am pleased with my top 15 finish. If you look at the stats you can see how my physical limitations affected my game."

--the least Paul McBeth thing I've seen outta him.

Maybe it's not the best look, but obviously, his performance in world's didn't sit well with him, and he felt the need to say something about it.
I can live with him making that statement.

I wouldn't want to live my in the public eye, where you're subject to criticism for lifting the wrong butt cheek when you fart.

I expect Paul to get 7x before he's done.
I wouldn't bet against it next year. Like many other great athletes, he seems most dangerous when he feels he has something to prove.

What a drag it is getting ollllldddd.....

There are too many good players, younger players out there, and more coming up every year. It will be more and more difficult for him to climb that hill.

I will go out on ledge and say Cole Redalen wins a worlds before Paul wins #7. Young dude, world of talent, and he got a taste of it this year.

Last edited:
When you are at the top, you need to create or invent things to motivate you. He is choosing to perceive a slight and using it as motivation. The mental and emotional energy it takes to push yourself to be great or to be the best year after year after year is exhausting and motivation to sustain that can be hard to find....so it needs to be found or created. That's all this is and I, for one, am excited to see 2024 McBeast mode activated because he feels slighted....watch out!

If we consider contact sports as well as high impact sports such as basketball and tennis, elite play Can continue well into the 30's. DG certainly has some high stress points on specific joints, but it doesn't compare to many other sports from a load standpoint nor a frequency standpoint.

How many max reps do football and basketball players go through on their ankle, knee, and hip joints? Add in the physical contact. Many players are done before 30, but there are a lot that continue to be the best of the best.

I would think genetics plays a part. Maybe a huge part. Maybe PMB doesn't have Tom Brady like genetics and no amount of training or ice baths alters the equation. I don't know.

But, if it is a work ethic and skill question, I feel certain Paul will be back in the hunt in the years to come.

1037 rating after March 12, 2024 update (-12 drop from Sept 12, 2023). Going from 72 to 53 rounds used plus the double weighting of his recent rounds really amplified the less than average play/results from the first two DGPT events this year as he is coming back from injury.

First time below 1040 in over 11 years (26-Feb-2013). He first reached 1040 in the 23-Mar-2012 update.

Very impressive to maintain that level of consistency for over 11 years 👏

Just as we will never see another 12x, I doubt we'll see another 6x. Given the sport's growt, rising talent level, and the resulting depth of the field, those sorts of accomplishments will become increasingly difficult to achieve.

I know it's healthy for the sport to have other people on the rapid ascent and more winners than ever, but I hope we get a decent amount of (healthy) McBeth on top cards going forward. It's just different watching that man throw a disc and the sport benefits when he is at peak performance. I just want to see flashes of McBeast here and there.

I don't want to start the "is Paul washed?" chatter again without my spongebath ready to go, but what's the over/under on Elite/Major wins this year? Place your wild speculations and bets.

Latest posts