• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paul McBeth #27523

The amount of tooling on the inside rim of the Athena is annoying

Finally got my first chance to watch Paul in person. He played the A-tier South Florida Open, which took place at Snyder Park (rounds 1 &3) here in Ft Lauderdale (round 2 was at Markham Park in Sunrise).

It's so rare to see some of these top pros anywhere near here (usually we have to go to Tampa or Jacksonville, 4-5 hours one way) and so it was nice to see him and a few others (Gilbert, GG, Fish) ripping up our best courses.

I didn't catch the final round, but the round I watched on Saturday had to have at least 150-200 spectators. It's a far cry from the lead card at the same event just 4-5 years ago, where it was only maybe a handful of spectators (I believe one year I was the only one following). We have had crews filming as well, Gatekeeper Media was here again this year (and '21) and Terry Miller filmed for DG Guy from '17-19, and Marty McFlySoHigh in '14.

tbh, ive completely all but ever looking at marshal street because their site is ridiculously slow in 2022 =/

infinite is just as bad, but i'll take it with the pics of each individual disc

Last edited:
Predators have way too much tooling and it is not comfortable and not worth embracing. Is the Athena close? If so, no thanks.

Discraft full on embraced the extra tooling with the Predator, at one point they made a gritty texture rectangle to grip even. Not sure if they still do that, but I remember trying it during rainy conditions a couple times.

Discraft full on embraced the extra tooling with the Predator, at one point they made a gritty texture rectangle to grip even. Not sure if they still do that, but I remember trying it during rainy conditions a couple times.

That was to cover an expired patent, I believe. Discraft actually did, for a time, make what was called a "Sure Grip" Surge, which had a soft grippy pad adhered to the flight plate. Kinds strange, but a neat idea, I suppose.

Well, every disc in his line has an annoying amount of tooling.

It's not hard to miss the tooling with your grip though.

Personally, I like the tooling. First disc I ever bought was a Buzzz and it honestly just kind of formed a need to feel texture when I grip a disc. Such a PITA sometimes lol

It's not hard to miss the tooling with your grip though.

Personally, I like the tooling. First disc I ever bought was a Buzzz and it honestly just kind of formed a need to feel texture when I grip a disc. Such a PITA sometimes lol

Yeah, I guess as long as there is enough tooled/ untooled area to suit everyone it's all good.
I threw Undertakers for years and I don't remember the Paul Mcbeth tooling when switching to the the 4x's.

Wow! Looks like PM is spending all of June and July in Europe! I wonder if he's going to work on putting more new courses in during that time?

Probably making business connections, expanding his brand, and maybe winning the European overall title IF he can win several events while there...